Player Watch Ryan Burton

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Breaking: New Port Power recruit Ryan Burton hates Port Power, did not specifically denounce the Holocaust

Ryan Burton insults WWII POWs by saying Port Power pre-season camp was “real torture”, did not explicitly clarify that Ryan is not short for “Aryan”

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Ryan Burton insults WWII POWs by saying Port Power pre-season camp was “real torture”, did not explicitly clarify that Ryan is not short for “Aryan”
Aryan Burnton. Named after his grandfather that worked at Auschwitz.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Aryan Burnton. Named after his grandfather that worked at Auschwitz.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well these days you can actually buy return train tickets to Oswiencim, and even reclaim left luggage, but the queues for any service are still ... distressing.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do like how he answered that Clarko's been into Chad for a while..... so Chad's already had eyes over yonder too I suspect. he answered that presser like a 21-year-old, nervous but well enough considering all the repetitive questions.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
*shakes head*

That news story made me realise Burton actually didn't have a choice even though he was the one with a contract, whereas Chad had a choice to change his behaviour to get a new contract, but chose not too. The club did the right thing by shipping him on and Clarko was obviously calling Chad in the middle of the night all year! $uck Hawthorn and Clarko and Chad....

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do like how he answered that Clarko's been into Chad for a while..... so Chad's already had eyes over yonder too I suspect. he answered that presser like a 21-year-old, nervous but well enough considering all the repetitive questions.

Doubt he's done many/any real sit-down pressers like that, so he did reasonably well considering. Didn't seem comfortable when everyone was fishing for quotes on his thoughts about being put up for trade, but seemed genuinely excited when he talked about getting back onto the track.

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

wQt4ePY.jpg

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wingard, Polec and Neade have all effectively said that he was pushed and didn't want to leave. Clarkson being interested in an elite player is no surprise, the fact that we actively shopped him around and pushed him out is.
Here’s a thought. Didn’t want to leave this year. Wanted to continue his lack of application in 2019 and then leave under his and Clarko’s own timeline next year when Port had less bargaining chips. Anyway this boring circle jerk belongs in the posturing thread. Believe what you want to. We all have differing opinions. I like Chad but him leaving isn’t the end of the world. Clubs have to do what they have to do. Clarko moved on Burton who didn’t want to leave without a second thought. Clarko is ruthless. Look at what he has achieved with the Hawks.

Here’s a thought. Didn’t want to leave this year. Wanted to continue his lack of application in 2019 and then leave under his and Clarko’s own timeline next year when Port had less bargaining chips. Anyway this boring circle jerk belongs in the posturing thread. Believe what you want to. We all have differing opinions. I like Chad but him leaving isn’t the end of the world. Clubs have to do what they have to do. Clarko moved on Burton who didn’t want to leave without a second thought. Clarko is ruthless. Look at what he has achieved with the Hawks.

Clarko ruthlessly moved on Burton to get an elite player. Port ruthlessly moved on an elite player to get a good flanker and a draft pick in the teens. There's a difference.

We could've delisted Robbie Gray when we found out about his cancer scare. That would've been ruthless. It would've also been ****ing stupid. Ruthlessness in and of itself isn't necessarily a good thing unless it's combined with intelligence and good decision making.

Back