Player Watch #40: Corey Wagner- Willkommen an Bord BOJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolsters depth from the rookie list and it’s good to reward Casey B&F winning form with a promotion.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is best 22 by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If he's anything like the other blokes we have added from the VFL he will be perfectly adequate depth and potential best 22.

If he's anything like the other blokes we have added from the VFL he will be perfectly adequate depth and potential best 22.
Yeah fair upgrade on Bugg
People may think Im going overboard but I think he will be an upgrade on Tyson.. maybe not immediately but can play the role we wanted from Tyson better than Tyson was. More diversity to his game.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
People may think Im going overboard but I think he will be an upgrade on Tyson.. maybe not immediately but can play the role we wanted from Tyson better than Tyson was. More diversity to his game.

Not really. We seemed to play Tyson as an emergency for inside mid in case we lost one during the game. He's not suited to playing on the wing but I guess having him in the 22 gave the side a bit more flexibility to shuffle the other cards around.

Not really. We seemed to play Tyson as an emergency for inside mid in case we lost one during the game. He's not suited to playing on the wing but I guess having him in the 22 gave the side a bit more flexibility to shuffle the other cards around.
Corey may not be as good as Tyson inside but definitely holds his own, once he gets time and space seems to be a better decision maker than tyson, hopefully it translates to AFL level.

Better defensively than Tyson too

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Corey may not be as good as Tyson inside but definitely holds his own, once he gets time and space seems to be a better decision maker than tyson, hopefully it translates to AFL level.

I meant you're not going overboard. Tyson wasn't suited to the role. Whether Wagner can waltz in and claim the spot, who knows.

I meant you're not going overboard. Tyson wasn't suited to the role. Whether Wagner can waltz in and claim the spot, who knows.
True that! Tyson will be good for North, pleased we have Preuss and Wagner in his place.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sorry. I was aiming for like but missed and got reply. Consider the post liked and try to forget the details.

This needs to be front and centre of any debate. Wagner has had one crack at AFL footy and managed a handful of games. I'm very hopeful that we help him come good, but its a huge step up.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah I'd be very surprised if Tyson played a whole season of VFL and didn't win the BNF for the league and club.

That said we need a bloke who can play a role which Tyson couldn't.

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Tyson played a whole season of VFL and didn't win the BNF for the league and club.

That said we need a bloke who can play a role which Tyson couldn't.
Yep definitely agree with this!

I watched about 7 or 8 Casey games this year and Wagner was one of the ones that you sit there and go wow this guy is too good for this level, every time I watched him.

Comparitively, Bugg only looked like that in a couple of games I saw. Wagner seemed ahead of any AFL listed players that we had running around at Casey which is why I am clearly excited by this :p

I made the same call with Bayley Fritsch last year, if Wagner was on our list this year he would have played senior footy.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yep definitely agree with this!

I watched about 7 or 8 Casey games this year and Wagner was one of the ones that you sit there and go wow this guy is too good for this level, every time I watched him.

Comparitively, Bugg only looked like that in a couple of games I saw. Wagner seemed ahead of any AFL listed players that we had running around at Casey which is why I am clearly excited by this :p

I made the same call with Bayley Fritsch last year, if Wagner was on our list this year he would have played senior footy.

Fair enough well I'm happy we are developing AFL quality players in our VFL side, it's what it's supposed to be for but doesn't happen often enough.

Wagner Fritsch Smith Mcinerney Papley and potentially the FB aswell who I can't remember.
Snagging Hannan from Footscray was a bargain as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back