Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny how often money and his missus come up in these threads. He's going to have big money and a hot missus wherever he goes, but he's not going to be a 4-time premiership player wherever he goes....

It's funny how often money and his missus come up in these threads. He's going to have big money and a hot missus wherever he goes, but he's not going to be a 4-time premiership player wherever he goes....

Once he's wasted the money the missus (who isn't hot FYI) will ditch him for the next money spinner

The thing with Ablett is that he wasn't a full-forward at his best. Being put full-forward was his later career. Very similar to Leigh Matthews being played as a full-forward in his later career. Before 1993 and during Ablett's peak, he was positioned more on the wing or as a forward flanker. The other thing to note is that guys like Paul Salmon (200cm+) were kicking smaller bags than Ablett running along the wing... let alone when Ablett was put at full-forward and kicking ton after ton after ton (again, these tons were made during his twilight years - he was older than Buddy Franklin is now when he did this three times in a row). For example, in 1993 when Salmon was on one end, and Ablett was on the other, Salmon kicked ten goals... Ablett kicked 14. He was a freak.

ref: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/G/Gary_Ablett0.html#19930

Averaged 7.3 goals a game that year ... finished 9th in the Chas despite missing games ... masterclass :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh finally. And who’s to say he wouldn’t have snagged a flag at GWS or a team in his home state too.

He has to have regrets

He has to have regrets
So you keep saying.

And like I have said several times, everyone has regrets.

Show me someone who has no regrets and I’ll show you an automaton.

Life is a balance sheet. For you and for me, and for Lance Franklin.

Why the obsession with constantly seeing yourself in print saying “he MUST have regrets“?

Bottom line is none of us have the remotest clue what’s going on inside someone else’s head.

Tempted to think there might even be a teensy bit of insecurity informing this online behaviour of yours.

So you keep saying.

And like I have said several times, everyone has regrets.

Show me someone who has no regrets and I’ll show you an automaton.

Life is a balance sheet. For you and for me, and for Lance Franklin.

Why the obsession with constantly seeing yourself in print saying “he MUST have regrets“?

Bottom line is none of us have the remotest clue what’s going on inside someone else’s head.

Tempted to think there might even be a teensy bit of insecurity informing this online behaviour of yours.
Ever since Buddy left I don’t feel so good

Back