MLB 2018/19 Off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich get richer.

Yanks gave up their number 1, 22 and an unranked prospect.

Probably means Cruz won’t be returning to Seattle either

Rich get richer.

Yanks gave up their number 1, 22 and an unranked prospect.

Probably means Cruz won’t be returning to Seattle either
Big risk but hopefully it’s for high reward. Hopefully more to come

Sounds as though Seattle are tearing it down and starting again

Big risk but hopefully it’s for high reward. Hopefully more to come

Sounds as though Seattle are tearing it down and starting again

Seattle tearing it down big time I reckon, Shame as I’m going to be there for first three home games this season.

Risky move with Paxton but worth the risk especially for what they gave up. Yanks are always win now mode and are going to attract more high end FA. Good move IMO

Braves sign veterans Brian McCann ($2m) and Josh Donaldson ($23m) to 1 yr deals. Not sure im a big fan of the moves but hoping Donaldson is looking to have a big year as he is a free agent next year - just got to stay healthy. Thought Camargo was good last year but braves prefer him as a utility i think. (also have Riley at AAA who they earmark to play 3B in 2020) McCann will share time with Flowers but think he is past it and not a big fan of this move - will add good veteran presence in clubhouse though

Braves sign veterans Brian McCann ($2m) and Josh Donaldson ($23m) to 1 yr deals. Not sure im a big fan of the moves but hoping Donaldson is looking to have a big year as he is a free agent next year - just got to stay healthy. Thought Camargo was good last year but braves prefer him as a utility i think. (also have Riley at AAA who they earmark to play 3B in 2020) McCann will share time with Flowers but think he is past it and not a big fan of this move - will add good veteran presence in clubhouse though
Having a bit of a crack at it for next year... With Kurt gone to Washington they did need a catcher. Yankees are probably right at getting rid of him, but I suppose we will see how we go.

Macca will teach the young pitchers a lot, Brent Strom is one of the best pitching coaches around, no doubt Macca would've learnt a lot from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonnie Chisenhall is off to the Pirates.
yuge.jpg

Apparently for 4 years, $67M.

Bryce Harper and Manny Machado must be looking at these latest deals and thinking “keep ‘em coming!!!”.

Lot for a rental.

I tend to agree. If the cardinals supplement that trade with other moves and make a run next year, good move for both teams. If the Cardinals don’t make a run next year, the D’Backs will have won the trade. For now Arizona would be happy with the return and the Cardinals as a divisional contender have received a very good player but the take on a lot of the risk,

Rays get Morton. Now they can start with him, Snell, and young Glasnow. they've also got Honeywell and DeLeon coming back in the middle of next season from TJ injuries. Not a bad little bullpen developing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back