Jack family

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with the parents. Jack is a flog for.giving the in laws tickets to the GF over his own who raised him and poured 100s of hours into his sport as a child.

Yes, the mum shouldnt go on social media or to the media but sometimes people make bad decisions in emotional moments. Kieren however has been a.right royal campaigner to his family for many years and dragged his brother into it too.

Grow up

Keiran: "Hi Mum, just letting you know that I'm giving my GF tickets to Charlotte and her folks"

Mum: "Oh, darling, that's a lovely gesture, they're going to have a wonderful time!"

Keiran: "Yeah, Charlotte's very special and her parents have been very inviting"

Mum: "Oh, Charlotte is such a lovely girl dear. Your father and I hope to meet her parents one day, they must be such nice people."

Keiran: "I just hope Dad doesn't get upset he'll miss out on coming along to the GF?"

Mum: "Oh, no, of course not darling. Your father is tickle pink about Charlotte. And you know what your father is like ... he loves to watch you play, but he knows what GF's are all about. He'll be happy to have an excuse to have his mates around for a barbie and to watch the game on the telly and skite about his son."

Keiran: "Thanks mum!"

Keiran: "Hi Mum, just letting you know that I'm giving my GF tickets to Charlotte and her folks"

Mum: "Oh, darling, that's a lovely gesture, they're going to have a wonderful time!"

Keiran: "Yeah, Charlotte's very special and her parents have been very inviting"

Mum: "Oh, Charlotte is such a lovely girl dear. Your father and I hope to meet her parents one day, they must be such nice people."

Keiran: "I just hope Dad doesn't get upset he'll miss out on coming along to the GF?"

Mum: "Oh, no, of course not darling. Your father is tickle pink about Charlotte. And you know what your father is like ... he loves to watch you play, but he knows what GF's are all about. He'll be happy to have an excuse to have his mates around for a barbie and to watch the game on the telly and skite about his son."

Keiran: "Thanks mum!"

Did have a chuckle. Nice.

I can almost speak from experience. My mother didn't like the girl I was with about 20 years ago and tried every single trick in the book to wedge us apart.

In the end, she succeeded because the girl had enough of it, but I never forgave my mother for it. We no longer have a relationship.

Some mothers are overprotective of their boys - often to their sons' and own detriment. It happens.

Not sure if it's that relevant (or even true) but growing up in Sydney as a league fan stories about the spider webs in Garry Jack's wallet were a dime a dozen. Like how he would time his drive from Sydney back to the Gong after training to make sure his mate was working on the motorway tollbooth so he wouldn't have to pay the toll.

Missing out on free GF tickets was probably the end of his world.

nothing worse than "viscous" articles makes them so hard and slow to read
So his mum ****ed up the paperwork but doesnt believe in agents

I can almost speak from experience. My mother didn't like the girl I was with about 20 years ago and tried every single trick in the book to wedge us apart.

In the end, she succeeded because the girl had enough of it, but I never forgave my mother for it. We no longer have a relationship.

Some mothers are overprotective of their boys - often to their sons' and own detriment. It happens.
Yeah mate it's pretty common actually. Sorry that it's also your situation, I had similar issues as well. Plenty of mates have had the same issue, maybe not as extreme but geez some mothers out there seem to really dislike the ladies there boys bring home.

This is just a classic situation of it, although Jack hasn't help things here with the GF tickets issue his mother decided to make it all public put of spite.

The bear was poked again this week with his estranged brother penning an open letter to Kieren and Garry then launching a spirited defence of said brother on social media.

I suppose with Jack retiring we’ll stop hearing about it but it’s shocking that some grand final tickets could lead to fallout this severe.

Last edited:
I suppose with Jack retiring we’ll stop heading about it but it’s shocking that some grand final tickets could lead to fallout this severe.
Yeah, there's gotta be more to it than what we've heard. Maybe dad had a crack at Kieren's girlfriend or something. But the parents seen aligned, so maybe the parents had a three way with his girlfriend... Whatever's going on, it seems permanent.

Yeah, there's gotta be more to it than what we've heard. Maybe dad had a crack at Kieren's girlfriend or something. But the parents seen aligned, so maybe the parents had a three way with his girlfriend... Whatever's going on, it seems permanent.

You are correct, I saw it on Redtube.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that must be it.

This is pretty common. His parents are old school, real "blood is thicker than water" types who struggle to fathom that their son is a separate person. The wife struggles to associate with their uncouth ways and made it a big deal any time they went and visited them or vice versa. Keiren couldn't stand the situation and it was probably sending him mental. He had to make the decision to:
a) Turf the Mrs or
b) Become gradually estranged to his family

He chose b and will probably regret it when his he and the wife breakup (probably over unsustainable lifestyle choices) and/or his dad dies. He probably should have chose option a and got with a sheila from Mount Druitt.

This situation is precisely why players having their parents as managers doesn't work. You need someone without emotional skin in the game to handle contracts, endorsements etc.
It seems as though his folks saw him as a bit of a cash cow

Don't know much about the Jack family but Brandon seems to rate his own opinions pretty highly. Playing 28 average games at AFL level qualifies you for a platform these days. Apparently.

He's actually a very intelligent bloke who has thought about life after footy & was studying & having a crack in between those 28 games.
As opposed to Ben Cousins who should have studied instead of taking crack in between his 270 odd games.

This is pretty common. His parents are old school, real "blood is thicker than water" types who struggle to fathom that their son is a separate person...

A son is a son until he finds himself a wife,
A daughter is a daughter for all of her life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back