The things we can all agree on thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just hope that spine tingling play by young Worpel isn't the only great piece of play he achieves in his hopefully long & success career with us!

-Graeme wright should be locked at hfc for another 10 years !!
-Hodge is the DON!
-Hodge should have forever keys to the HFC to come whenever he wants.
-Sammy is the best inside mid of all time!
-Franklin pound for pound is the best footballer of the last two decades!
-Lethal is the BEST footballer of all time!
-Tuck has 7 ******* premierships!!! SEVEN!!!!!

Essdon, geelong , Carlton and Sydney could cease to exist and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid!!

I especially love this one. Tucky, on his own is better, in terms of Premierships, than all the below teams;

South Melbourne/Sydney (5)
North Melbourne (4)
West Coast (4)
Brisbane Lions (3) - although Fitzroy have 8.
Adelaide (2)
Western Bulldogs (2)
St Kilda (1)
Port Adelaide (1)
Yet to salute - Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS

Off-season sux.... when your footy mates, those fellas that you happily sit with all year but have nothing else in common with but the love of the brown gold, call you at work and want to discuss your opinion on what to take at pick 53...,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Graeme wright should be locked at hfc for another 10 years !!
-Hodge is the DON!
-Hodge should have forever keys to the HFC to come whenever he wants.
-Sammy is the best inside mid of all time!
-Franklin pound for pound is the best footballer of the last two decades!
-Lethal is the BEST footballer of all time!
-Tuck has 7 ******* premierships!!! SEVEN!!!!!

Essdon, geelong , Carlton and Sydney could cease to exist and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid!!

All Brilliant!

Except that i love to beat those teams you mention... so i want them to stay around.

Alistair Clarkson is a brilliant coach, perhaps the best ever... but he is truly LOVED because he reads from the Gospel of John Kennedy.

Should be knighted?

I think I get what you're suggesting. I'm surprised how many people still don't understand Don Scott's role in the non-merger. Some people still think it was all Scott's initiative. The entire non-merger was the brainchild of future President Ian Dicker who cleverly co-opted former Hawks greats in Don Scott and Dermott Brereton to become spokespeople. He knew there was a far greater chance people would believe we could survive if being told by Scott and Brereton than if someone most people couldn't identify with as Ian Dicker. It was a masterstroke and history recalls how successful it was. Don't get me wrong, Scott played a huge role in that success, but Scott being Scott nearly undid it all by challenging Dicker for the Presidency after that.

'Speculum Agendo' or whatever was an embarrassment. Neither the players, the fans nor the opposition can understand latin apparently, because our actions were pretty forgettable come finals time. It's power rangers territory - never again.

This is a bona fide great point. Instead of using Latin, which nobody uses any more, the marketing team should have taken a carpe diem approach and really put some thought into it rather than just pick our club motto ad hoc like they did. I was saying the same thing to my de facto partner last week. Just thought I would lend my support to your post pro bono. No quid pro quo expected here. The marketing team should never just copy our club motto verbatim as a marketing campaign. Next time I hope they don't prevail with the status quo and come up with something new.

This is a bona fide great point. Instead of using Latin, which nobody uses any more, the marketing team should have taken a carpe diem approach and really put some thought into it rather than just pick our club motto ad hoc like they did. I was saying the same thing to my de facto partner last week. Just thought I would lend my support to your post pro bono. No quid pro quo expected here. The marketing team should never just copy our club motto verbatim as a marketing campaign. Next time I hope they don't prevail with the status quo and come up with something new.
This is you:
wLeIyqGBaoXWUJdBMpa7tJyGz9h_VJQsE6w9JefuS_0.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back