Pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

His power rankings really are a joke. There were wholesale changes from his last update, despite nobody playing any football for months. I questioned why he didn't have Zac Butters or Ian Hill inside his top 50, and he was quite firm in his opinion that they're too outside and overrated. Suddenly Butters is at #18 and Hill at #39. Jye Caldwell has gone up to 7, Tom Joyce has entered from nowhere to be at #29. Why? Because the actual media have been talking about them.

He does this every year. Changes his personal rankings a couple of days out to match the rumours. Okay rant over...

Chris, interested in your thoughts on whether or where you think Louis Miller from East Perth might get picked up in the main draft.

So Twomey has us taking Hill. I personally will be rapt if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s interesting that he mentions that Port interviewed Hill recently but doesn’t consider him a chance at their earlier pick. If they’re keen on him they’d know that they’d have to get him before our pick surely.

His power rankings really are a joke. There were wholesale changes from his last update, despite nobody playing any football for months. I questioned why he didn't have Zac Butters or Ian Hill inside his top 50, and he was quite firm in his opinion that they're too outside and overrated. Suddenly Butters is at #18 and Hill at #39. Jye Caldwell has gone up to 7, Tom Joyce has entered from nowhere to be at #29. Why? Because the actual media have been talking about them.

He does this every year. Changes his personal rankings a couple of days out to match the rumours. Okay rant over...

Really like this intensity from you, Chris.

Really like this intensity from you, Chris.
Basically sums up all the phantom drafts on BigFooty.

- Talk like you're an expert
- Wait for Twomey's phantom
- Realize you were unsurprisingly very wrong
- Edit your phantom, make it look like Twomey's
- Pretend you changed your mind and that it's not at all because of Twomey's phantom

This time tomorrow after the late mail phantom gets released

- Repeat all of the above

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone through 10 BigFooty phantom drafts + Cal Twomey's (so far) and accumulated the data. These are the rankings of the top 50 from these 11 lists:

1. Sam Walsh
  2. Jack Lukosius
  3. Izak Rankine
  4. Max King
  5. Connor Rozee
  6. Nick Blakely*
  7. Ben King
  8. Bailey Smith
  9. Jye Caldwell
  10. Tarryn Thomas*
  11. Jackson Hatey
  12. Jordan Clark
  13. Chayce Jones
  14. Riley Collier-Dawkins
  15. Xavier Duursma
  16. Zak Butters
  17. Ian Hill
  18. Liam Stocker
  19. Sam Sturt
  20. Isaac Quaynor*
  21. Luke Valente
  22. Rhylee West*
  23. Xavier O'Halloran
  24. Curtis Taylor
  25. Ned McHenry
  26. Jez McLennan
  27. Ely Smith
  28. Bailey Williams
  29. Bailey Scott*
  30. Connor McFadyen*
  31. Luke Foley
  32. Kieran Briggs*
  33. Will Hamill
  34. Sydney Stack
  35. Jacob Kennerley
  36. Jack Bytel
  37. Will Kelly*
  38. Jacob Koschitzke
  39. Fraser Turner
  40. Toby Bedford*
  41. Tom McKenzie
  42. Jarrod Cameron*
  43. Tom Sparrow
  44. Thomas Berry
  45. Zac Foot
  46. Boyd Woodcock
  47. Jack Ross
  48. Noah Gown
  49. James Rowbottom
  50. Josh Kemp
* = Academy or F/S selection.

I’m up to 85.
My list is a little more basic than your masterpiece. :)
I've got 99 players who are listed more than once, but it gets a bit shaky after 70ish.

Lmao. You tell him Chris

My list is a little more basic than your masterpiece. :)
I've got 99 players who are listed more than once, but it gets a bit shaky after 70ish.
193 players listed at least once. 142 listed more than once.

A lot of the lists are repeats showing changes over the year. Some are rankings of players and some are Phantom drafts. There are a few podcasts which are good to listen to Lystics comes to mind.

I still don’t have any real preference for the pick 14. I’d be happy with hill or Clark if still there. I wouldn’t be surprised if freo that chance Jones if he is there. They seem to like the Tasmania players. I’ll only be annoyed if they pick someone like McHenry or even stocker that they could’ve got with a later pick

Basically sums up all the phantom drafts on BigFooty.

- Talk like you're an expert
- Wait for Twomey's phantom
- Realize you were unsurprisingly very wrong
- Edit your phantom, make it look like Twomey's
- Pretend you changed your mind and that it's not at all because of Twomey's phantom

This time tomorrow after the late mail phantom gets released

- Repeat all of the above

100%. And the best thing about being a moderator on the phantom draft board is that I can see what edits are made and when.

I’m sticking to my story that Twomey and Landsberger copied mine though. Both look pretty similar from pick 10 onwards and I posted first.

Anyway, later today I’ll profile who I think the 5 most likely picks for us are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back