Pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I've gone through 10 BigFooty phantom drafts + Cal Twomey's (so far) and accumulated the data. These are the rankings of the top 50 from these 11 lists:

1. Sam Walsh
  2. Jack Lukosius
  3. Izak Rankine
  4. Max King
  5. Connor Rozee
  6. Nick Blakely*
  7. Ben King
  8. Bailey Smith
  9. Jye Caldwell
  10. Tarryn Thomas*
  11. Jackson Hatey
  12. Jordan Clark
  13. Chayce Jones
  14. Riley Collier-Dawkins
  15. Xavier Duursma
  16. Zak Butters
  17. Ian Hill
  18. Liam Stocker
  19. Sam Sturt
  20. Isaac Quaynor*
  21. Luke Valente
  22. Rhylee West*
  23. Xavier O'Halloran
  24. Curtis Taylor
  25. Ned McHenry
  26. Jez McLennan
  27. Ely Smith
  28. Bailey Williams
  29. Bailey Scott*
  30. Connor McFadyen*
  31. Luke Foley
  32. Kieran Briggs*
  33. Will Hamill
  34. Sydney Stack
  35. Jacob Kennerley
  36. Jack Bytel
  37. Will Kelly*
  38. Jacob Koschitzke
  39. Fraser Turner
  40. Toby Bedford*
  41. Tom McKenzie
  42. Jarrod Cameron*
  43. Tom Sparrow
  44. Thomas Berry
  45. Zac Foot
  46. Boyd Woodcock
  47. Jack Ross
  48. Noah Gown
  49. James Rowbottom
  50. Josh Kemp
* = Academy or F/S selection.

It’d be nice if we could get at least 3 of these plus O’Reilly and Carter.

Chris, interested in your thoughts on whether or where you think Louis Miller from East Perth might get picked up in the main draft.

I quite like Miller, but I think he shapes as a rookie pick. Not too many medium defenders get taken in the main draft, not when they shape as shut down players. Flynn Appleby was one of the first picked last year in the rookie draft, I could see Miller being taken about the same.

So it seems to be the consensus in the media that Hill will be our first pick, so going off of the past predictions they are totally wrong. If this were to be the case i would feel pretty comfortable with this as he will give us some much needed pace in the forward half and will more than likely be pushing for selection next season. Obviously we have a bit of a hole in the midfield depth now so i would hope then we would target mids with our next selections, hoping for a Luke Foley at our second pick and then Joyce with our third pick if available. Would come away with plenty of pace, ball winning ability and players that can play in multiple positions and hit the scoreboard.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive a feeling that we will pick valente
Not the most flashy, X factor player that would be available, and not the quickest. But has all the tools upstairs to thrive.
Looking back at what made the Hawks great in Hodge, Mitchell, and the player Valente could be Lewis, is their resolve.
If all three were tested Today on X factor would they still go 1, 7, 36? They can thank Freo for 2 of the three.

I still can't believe that the draft is happening over two days.

The AFL really does take us for fools these days trying to stretch out their relevance over the year.
It's pathetic. Young blokes have to have an extra sleepless,anxious night to see if they get to live out their dream just because the AFL wants more advertising revenue.

I still can't believe that the draft is happening over two days.

The AFL really does take us for fools these days trying to stretch out their relevance over the year.
I’m going make it a bit better, since we have Fox Footy, I got a few mates coming over, plenty of beers in the fridge getting cold, go out tomorrow and buy all I need for killer hotdogs and sit back and watch the numbers fall.

I think we should take Hill but I have a feeling we won't. Freo would likely be thinking " let him go interstate..he will come back in a couple of years anyway"

Butters, Sturt or Stocker would be most likely IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back