Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast would dance in the rain naked if that were to happen. I bet they want Walsh a lot more than they want Rankine.
They might rate them similarly highly, but apparently Walsh is zero flight risk, whereas Rankine at Gold Coast would probably be the opposite, so for that reason alone I suspect what you said is correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not, but you told us categorically last year that Rayner wouldn't go pick 1 and how did that work out again?

so your argument for rayner going pick 1 is someone who posts on here who knows someone at the bulldogs?

its not even the same ******* club for crying out. the bulldogs dont have pick 1 and are literally 5-6 picks later on down the order. but yeah, super reliable information!!!

so when questioned on that you're like "well you said this thing would never happen". despite the fact i never actually said that. i said i think he might slide. two weeks later i said it looked like rayner was locked in at 1. do you wanna quote the post where i said "categorically" he won't go pick 1? or do you just like to make s**t up and believe in made up s**t?

you can keep believing something based on some mates mates mates dogs best pal working at some other club.

wouldnt be too cocky, youre basically a feeder club for everyone else.
No difference between GC and our SANFL development team.

The musings of a salty Crow. I would say that Rankine and Lukosius would take your SANFL team to the cleaners in our guernsey :cool:

so your argument for rayner going pick 1 is someone who posts on here who knows someone at the bulldogs?

its not even the same ******* club for crying out. the bulldogs dont have pick 1 and are literally 5-6 picks later on down the order. but yeah, super reliable information!!!

so when questioned on that you're like "well you said this thing would never happen". right. solid.

you can keep believing something based on some mates mates mates dogs best pal working at some other club.
Lol, look at you triggered out of your mind.

I made no argument that Rankine would go at no.1.

This if I'm not mistaken is a thread for rumours, and I posted a rumour (or multiple rumours).

You then stated straight out that it wouldn't happen, as if you know this for a fact (so you were the one here who stated that something would happen, all I did was share a rumour of something that might happen, or that a club believes will happen), so I brought up the fact that you likewise stated as a fact that Rayner wouldn't go pick 1 last year, as evidence that you stating something like that has little to no credibility on these matters.

How else was I supposed to respond to your crystal balling response to my post?

So if it comes down to who I'm going to take more notice of out of you, who's given nothing whatsoever as evidence for your claim, or someone who's had top notch mail out of a club who is far more likely to know what's going on in the draft than you are, on top of mail from someone else who's well respected on our board that said Carlton are a massive wrap for him, then just quietly it won't be you I'm taking notice of.

This is not to say that I'm expecting Rankine to go pick 1, but as I said on my post, it certainly won't surprise me in the slightest.

Sam Landsberger's article in today's HUN also believes it's out of Walsh and Rankine for Carlton, and he says there are a "handful of recruiters" at clubs who have Rankine at no.1, so there's no concrete evidence that I've seen anywhere that Walsh is certain to go no.1 any more than say McCluggage was two years ago.

I look forward to your next massively triggered response.

Being out of sight in QLD hard to show who has come on for us. Fiorini picked up 7 brownlow votes this which is good development. Touk has raised his disposal count and is developing into a good shut down player. Brodie in the last 5 weeks was becoming a key part of our midfield. Bowes also showed glimpses of what he can become. Ainsworth had a down year as did Ah Chee it for 2nd and 3rd year players it can happen. Again it is our injuries that killed us having to play the likes of Heron who are totally not ready for AFL.

Also, I know our player development isn't at the level of some other clubs. Which has been strongly invested in this off season. But I can't think of too many players which have left us and actually gotten better. Caddy and maybe Dixon off the top of my head are really the only 2. Other players that have left us have either performed at a similar level or gone backwards.
My thoughts are that a player's development can be ruined in the first 3-5 years of their career. The time is takes to rectify the bad start is too long and careers are too short to get through it. Look at Melbourne's dark days, surely it's not the recruiters missing so many picks that are commonly agreed to in the industry post draft. That place was like a wasteland with no one leaving and getting better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back