Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Once bought an apartment from Pagan Real Estate. Denis Pagan being the person that sold it to me.

Saw Ben Cousins at Coles Balaclava the morning after he did his hammy in his first game for Richmond.

An exciting one was having a chat to Richo on Xmas Eve (apparently my 4th cousin), and then leaving the local Devonport bar Spurs Saloon at 3am the same time as him. He was holding the hands of two 18 year old blondes on his way to the nearest hotel. This was just after Richmond signed Cousins.

Also saw Jordan de Goey stuck in traffic on St Kilda Rd just this Tuesday at approximately 7:55am.

Played a game of table tennis against Glen Jakovich and Spider Burton when I worked in Kalgoorlie.

Oh and visited Rick Ladson's house with a mate who grew up with him in Bendigo and said gday the morning of the 2011 GF.

All small claims to fame.

was at a house years ago where there were 6 people there, all couples.

Blake was there and he refused to answer the door for the pizza guy as to quote him 'I hate getting hassled because Im a celebrity'

Can confirm that he did chip in for the pizza though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Had a mate get cracked onto by some chick and start kissing him on the dance floor of a Geelong nightclub.
They shared a Cab and she spilled the beans halfway through the trip she had a BF so he dropped her home.
The next morning he told all us boys, so we made hime drive us to the house, and Mark Blake was out the front banging in a garden stake.

Had a mate get cracked onto by some chick and start kissing him on the dance floor of a Geelong nightclub.
They shared a Cab and she spilled the beans halfway through the trip she had a BF so he dropped her home.
The next morning he told all us boys, so we made hime drive us to the house, and Mark Blake was out the front banging in a garden stake.
even his mrs realized he was a tosser obviously

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Saw Jack Anthony coming out of a shop and he had that "Yes I am him" look on his face but I pretended and put on my "I don't know who you are" look.
He wasn't wearing shoes so I assume they were in the Rivers bag he was carrying.

I walked past James Hird at Adelaide uni years ago, while he was still Essendon's coach.
I walked past Hird on Collins St when he was still the Essendon coach. Probably on a different day from your encounter though.

I was eating dinner in Fitzroy Street many years ago, and these two guys walked in. They were both remarkably tall, and were both wearing slightly weird black leather jackets - sort of a semi-gestapo look. I thought they might be security guards. However when I looked at them more closely, it was Darryl and Shane Wakelin. They walked through the restaurant and joined a group of people who were also eating dinner there. I can't remember if they also ate dinner, but I think so.

When I was back in Perth last year I went down to check out the new sporting complex in Cockburn, there is a oval out the back and I saw nearly the whole Fremantle team out there kicking footies around. It was boring so I didn’t stick around for long.
You mean their new training oval? crazy

I saw Mark Jacko Jackson and Chopper Reid at one of their meetings it was interesting not boring

I walked past Hird on Collins St when he was still the Essendon coach. Probably on a different day from your encounter though.

I saw Hird in the last 12 months I think to. He was leaving a function, walking to a hotel suited up in the after function thing they do. Either he started to answer his phone as he walked or checked his text messages. He was a fish out of the water in regards to the location but his actions was very naturally plain, common and boring:D

I have run into three current AFL players recently but those meetings where not boring.

I ran into the ex-misus of a AFL player(apparently) in the last few days but that was not boring either!! She did not say who her ex was that was an ex West Coast player, supposedly:rolleyes:, which was a bit boring though.

Last edited:
walked past multiple Crows players at Melb Airport... that's it................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was standing in line at a bottleshop in Subi, Dockers player... McManus - had to think of Rove to remember the name, was standing in line ahead of me. There were a couple people ahead of him. He tried to get in front of the girl in front of him when she moved up to the counter. When she protested he said "Don't you know who I am?". She said "An a-hole?" :D Was a pretty interesting encounter actually.

Was standing in line at a bottleshop in Subi, Dockers player... McManus - had to think of Rove to remember the name, was standing in line ahead of me. There were a couple people ahead of him. He tried to get in front of the girl in front of him when she moved up to the counter. When she protested he said "Don't you know who I am?". She said "An a-hole?" :D Was a pretty interesting encounter actually.
What did she order (by she, I mean Shaun McManus)?

Was playing suburban footy in Brisbane one day. There was a throw in on the far wing. I looked up and saw Harris Andrew's watching the game from the boot of his car. I wondered quickly to myself whether such a tall man should be sitting in such a small car or if he'd get a sore back for the game the next day. The umpire threw the ball in and the game continued.

I was in Melbourne for the 2014 GF. I was having a beer with my wife at the bar in the Crown where we were staying. Out of the the blue my wife says pav. I thought she was referring to afternoon tea pavlova.
Then she goes no no it’s Pav..
I looked around the corner and there was the great man himself. After plucking up the courage we went over, introduced ourselves and asked for a selfie with him.. He was very kind and obliging to us and a real gentleman.

I served Brendan Fevola ice cream at the now defunct Big Chill Ice Creamery which was opposite TGI Fridays outside the Jam Factory entrance on Chapel St. He ordered Cookies and Cream in a cup.

Also, in 2000, the glass doors cracked and fell on me during closing. Had 35 stitches and two operations around my right eye. I believe there is a Boost Juice there now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back