Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

just a minor thing, but i look forward to him referring to the club as "we" rather than "they"
Might want to earn that.

First day of training calling it his club might not be his thing. I can understand that.

Shaun Higgins kicked a huge goal at a crucial moment in 2015 maybe around game 5 (EDIT: It was game 7) and Bruce called it - "He's a kangaroo now". Bloody loved it.

6:45 ^^^ - Polec needs one of these moments

Last edited:

A bit too cliche but everyone talks this way unfortunately.

If Polec said something on the lines - I got a really good deal to come here, I'm gonna work hard and show my worth.

That would have be fine and refreshing to hear.

It's so much better than the - North are a hard team to beat, they surprised a lot of people last year...

The same disingenuous s**t.

But they are here and that's the main thing.

It's probably the throwaway line I would give for people that shouldn't ask that question.

I mean, who really cares?
I agree that it sounded like a throwaway line, but in answer to your question, if I found out that a player on half a million dollars per year was living 90 minutes away to 'save on rent', yeah, I for one would 'care', in the sense that I would find it rather puzzling.

Almost inspirational insofar as 'financial independence retire early' (FIRE) is concerned. A man who earns that kinda coin driving three hours to 'save rent'? That's a man who wants to retire by 40 and is going to make it happen.

But like I said, yeah I figured it was just a joke.

Surely.

Probably gets some kind of relocation package having to move interstate, why not use it?

Can't believe people are getting hung up on it, not like it's affecting anyones life but his.

It's probably the throwaway line I would give for people that shouldn't ask that question.

I mean, who really cares?

We're all reading a bit too much into what he says, like you said, what matters is what he does on field.

99% of players are s**t interviews with the same answers. We'll know where Polecs loyalty lies with the way he plays the game.

We're all reading a bit too much into what he says, like you said, what matters is what he does on field.

99% of players are s**t interviews with the same answers. We'll know where Polecs loyalty lies with the way he plays the game.

99%, can’t think of a good one I’ve heard.
I’ve always thought player interviews are a waste of time.

Annnnddddddd back to the footy.

Was down at training this morning, as I've noted in the training thread. THIS GUY stood out. He is class mark my words. The word that comes to mind just from watching him the one time is 'silk'.

Showed exceptional composure in traffic during matchday simulation and slotted a couple of goals from 30-40 under pressure. He was laconic yet switched on. BBB will be a very happy man running into space with Jared running down the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, another case of don’t shoot the messenger...

Speaking to a Port Adelaide person of note the other day and he said the thing with Polec was that it was all in the head. Said he was a great player, when he had it together.

Now you can get the guns out...

Reading between the lines I gathered it was a reason why a longer contract wasn’t offered. They were rapt with last year but wanted to make sure he could keep it together year on year.

Now, when I add this with is dodgy foot it’s clear why only 3 years were offered.

The big question is, can our coaching panel keep him on track for another big year? Will go along way to helping us make top 4.

So, another case of don’t shoot the messenger...

Speaking to a Port Adelaide person of note the other day and he said the thing with Polec was that it was all in the head. Said he was a great player, when he had it together.

Now you can get the guns out...

Reading between the lines I gathered it was a reason why a longer contract wasn’t offered. They were rapt with last year but wanted to make sure he could keep it together year on year.

Now, when I add this with is dodgy foot it’s clear why only 3 years were offered.

The big question is, can our coaching panel keep him on track for another big year? Will go along way to helping us make top 4.
Geez they’re a bitter lot over there, it’s he’s foot, he’ll crack under the pressure, why can’t they just wish the kid good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back