freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Now that the numbers are decided I've rolled us over into 2019..

There are A LOT of players out of contract

Cheers, after a year of consolidation this year, I think we could go close to double figure replacements at the end of next year:
Sandi
Ballas
Mundy
Jones/Meek
Nyhuis
Giro
Hughes
Apeness
Bennell
Kersten

Hopefully some of the list (Giro, Nyhuis and Hughes?) put in really good years and consolidate but it was pretty easy making a list of non important/retiring players.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Cheers, after a year of consolidation this year, I think we could go close to double figure replacements at the end of next year:
Sandi
Ballas
Mundy
Jones/Meek
Nyhuis
Giro
Hughes
Apeness
Bennell
Kersten

Hopefully some of the list (Giro, Nyhuis and Hughes?) put in really good years and consolidate but it was pretty easy making a list of non important/retiring players.
I highly doubt freo will get rid of 10 players from the main squad

yeah but he has to be upgraded the year after and we are already at a crunch for numbers, I feel that factors into our thoughts
Only 18 of our current players are contracted beyond next season, we have about 21 who aren't. Four more 2 year draft deals and one single year rookie deal to come has us at half our list out of contract at the end of next season.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
yeah but he has to be upgraded the year after and we are already at a crunch for numbers, I feel that factors into our thoughts
I can think of 10 to 15 players who could be delisted at the end of the year. I would rather make that decision harder than keep someone who does not deserve a spot.

Every year I think the will be our last year to cut a large number of players, and every year I look at our list and think there is another 10+ players who could be cut.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I look and only see Ballas, Sandi, Meek, Bennell and Jones in trouble next year.

All others are youngsters who have shown promise, the clearout looks done to me
Think there will be a few more shown the door, tbh. Hughes and Nyhuis in particular getting put on/back on the rookie list is not great for their prospects.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Think there will be a few more shown the door, tbh. Hughes and Nyhuis in particular getting put on/back on the rookie list is not great for their prospects.

Also if Logue comes on then you have Kersten as surplus to requirements and the possible retirement of Mundy. So it gets close to double figures pretty easy.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I look and only see Ballas, Sandi, Meek, Bennell and Jones in trouble next year.

All others are youngsters who have shown promise, the clearout looks done to me

I see a lot of may be gone players. Kersten, Bennell, McCarthy could all be gone, or all could be best 22.

Gone
Hayden Ballantyne
Aaron Sandilands

Maybe
Harley Bennell
Ethan Hughes
David Mundy
Darcy Tucker
Matt Taberner
Shane Kersten
Cameron McCarthy
Stefan Giro