Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Port, Crows and Giants showing interest in WB pick 7
Giants rumoured to be very interested in a bolter - Chayce Jones. Sydney also interested. Not sure if that's what pick 7 is for.
Giants supposedly the most keen on RCD.

Look at our recruitment over the last 8-10 years.
Very few misses and lots of late gems.

Retention an issue, sure... but recruiting has been pretty damn good.
I think that has less to do with your recruitment, and more to do with your development (which has always been a strength at Adelaide). A lot of your later picks/rookies probably wouldn't have the same success if they started elsewhere. That's just my opinion anyway, can't really back that up with any facts/data

I use a formula, as a break even measure for recruitment (draft).

Pick 9 - 150 games
Pick 27 - 100 games
pick 54 - 50 games

Any other pick success or extra games played is what can set a recruiter apart

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/td-adelaide-crows?year=2008

Set aside 2010, when you only had a 1st rounder and remove B.Crouch as he was part of the mini draft, start from 2008 and work forward. Your strike rate is still around 2/3rds if using the above formula

As I said, you do it better than most sides.

But it says there that Phil Davis has played 18 games and McKernan 34 games.
It only includes games for the drafting club.
In reality Davis has played 121 and McKernan 61

Presuming you're using the numbers you linked me to.
Did you include rookie listed players like Laird/Hartigan/Cameron etc? Or do you only do to 3rd rd?

form the Collins English dictionary.
Just helping a few out :huh::cool:
english-dictionary-shape-key-money-box-piggy-bank-safe-cash-coins-savi-beaulife-1808-29-beaulife@22.jpg

Best I could do. Happy to help a brother out.

Giants rumoured to be very interested in a bolter - Chayce Jones. Sydney also interested. Not sure if that's what pick 7 is for.

Can't see Sydney having the resources. Would need to deal our first rounder in 2019 and then some. Not sure we'd do it.

Arent Sydney all tied up in Blakey?
I thought given where the bid would come for him that it would take almost their entire lot of picks.

Arent Sydney all tied up in Blakey?
I thought given where the bid would come for him that it would take almost their entire lot of picks.

We have our future first (2019) to deal and we can deal 1 of our seconds in the transaction and not cop it too hard. Bid expected around 7-9. I still can't see us doing it.

They knocked back your 8 and 13 already. It will take a massive premium to trade into a top 6 pick.

It certainly will cost that much, look at what port gave up for 6 and a future third, in points it was more then what pick 1 is worth.

Saints would probably have to throw in a token future 3rd/4th round pick.

To get pick 4 you’d have to give up more then what port did for pick 6...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Do they think one of the gun SA kids is going to slide now?
I cant see Ranking, Rozee or Luko being available after about 5 or 6.

I think they’re all gone by 5 as you said.

Probably more so, dogs want to trade down and they’re probably the only clubs that can satisfy the Bulldogs.

Giants probably in the Box seat, followed by Port. Apparently the dogs still want a pick before Geelong, can’t see the crows giving up 8 to get 7 so rules them out.

Giants have two before Geelong (9 and 11) so could give up 11 and 19.

I think they’re all gone by 5 as you said.

Probably more so, dogs want to trade done and they’re probably the only clubs that can satisfy the Bulldogs.

Giants probably in the Box seat, followed by Port. Apparently the dogs still want a pick before Geelong, can’t see the crows giving up 8 to get 7 so rules them out.

Giants have two before Geelong (9 and 11) so could give up 11 and 19.

Much more fun with live pick trading.
Surely the next step is being able to trade drafted players on draft night.

They knocked back your 8 and 13 already. It will take a massive premium to trade into a top 6 pick.

It certainly will cost that much, look at what port gave up for 6 and a future third, in points it was more then what pick 1 is worth.

Saints would probably have to throw in a token future 3rd/4th round pick.

To get pick 4 you’d have to give up more then what port did for pick 6...
been all over the press that they tried to already trade down to pick 6 - 6 + 24 for 4 was the proposal that GC rejected. it is hardly a stretch to see them going for 7 + 16 if that 3 way proposal a few posts back was on the cards

Much more fun with live pick trading.
Surely the next step is being able to trade drafted players on draft night.

Will have to come in, in the next 3 years imo.

It will be the single biggest improvement in competition quality the AFL could possibly introduce.

Would mean most clubs could readily engineer best available players into their biggest needs in terms of list balances. In terms of clubs taking years to fill out certain list needs, they could accomplish it in one night and not only fill the needs, but with the best available players that year.

Will have to come in, in the next 3 years imo.

It will be the single biggest improvement in competition quality the AFL could possibly introduce.

Would mean most clubs could readily engineer best available players into their biggest needs in terms of list balances. In terms of clubs taking years to fill out certain list needs, they could accomplish it in one night and not only fill the needs, but with the best available players that year.

Question is will they make it so you can trade players on your list at the same time.

Otherwise things will be very limited.

been all over the press that they tried to already trade down to pick 6 - 6 + 24 for 4 was the proposal that GC rejected. it is hardly a stretch to see them going for 7 + 16 if that 3 way proposal a few posts back was on the cards
What % you think this deal happen tonight ?

Question is will they make it so you can trade players on your list at the same time.

Otherwise things will be very limited.

Initially, I doubt it, it will be like that within 10-20 years (4 or 5 EBA's) im sure.

Between 2 years of future picks (which will also come in) and the players you have taken on the night, there should be enough currency to get deals done for draftee's that you want.

The problem is on that scenario the dogs and saints are trading down for the same player... Unless the saints are actually eyeing off Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back