Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is on that scenario the dogs and saints are trading down for the same player... Unless the saints are actually eyeing off Caldwell
Could be - know knows? I just added my 2 bobs worth to an already running commentary on that 'hypothetical based on a rumor'. Rumor was the dogs are looking to trade down to get an extra pick and maybe they want someone in the teens. St Kilda may also want a teens pick to go with a top 10 pick rather than have just the single high pick - but until it plays out tonight, we will all be guessing

Interesting. Do they think one of the gun SA kids is going to slide now?
I cant see Rankine, Rozee or Luko being available after about 5 or 6.

Chayce Jones apparently, I'm not sure how Adelaide benefit moving up one spot when Smith is the one the dogs would move back for.

I could see us eyeing off ben king or Caldwell though.

But it says there that Phil Davis has played 18 games and McKernan 34 games.
It only includes games for the drafting club.
In reality Davis has played 121 and McKernan 61

Presuming you're using the numbers you linked me to.
Did you include rookie listed players like Laird/Hartigan/Cameron etc? Or do you only do to 3rd rd?

I have and do factor games at other clubs.

As per my original post, I first assess the first 3 rounds as a break even point, then other later picks. You do unearth some great rookie selections, better than most clubs. I agree with you, your club does it better than most clubs, but it still isn't better than a 70% strike rate (no club does, consistently)

Prior to the last 3 years, I would have taken your recruitment and development departments, in a heartbeat

Nice contribution to the conversation...
And people wonder why Hawks fans are viewed poorly on BF
I also suppose you are wondering why people giggle at the Adelaide Crows?

My comment was light hearted but given the fact you have a bad case of “Hawk Envy” it’s no surprise you played the sook.

19 has (or is about to be traded) to Hawthorn in a muti swap deal. 11 would have to be involved for GWS you'd assume.

They will only trade 19 if Adelaide bids on Briggs at 16, their preference is to keep that pick.

However trading it to the dogs with 11 for 7 and 27 also takes that pick out of the equation... The risk for the dogs is does a bid on west come before that... Wouldn't put it past Adelaide at 16 hey.

Is the talk of Hawks getting pick 19 coming from anywhere other than the Fox Footy article?

That only mentions it as a hypothetical.
Yes , Is a good way to dispose it off if a bid come in a bit earlier than pick 19 for Brigg.

Wow, those King twins not shying away from letting everyone know they don't want to leave Victoria! Max would love to be at Saint Kilda, and would prefer to be trading by the Saints, then follows it up by saying 'but you never know what happens.....', instead of the old 'but i'll be happy to play anywhere. Disgraceful.
Same with Ben King mentioning that he would rather stay in VIC and be picked up by the Bulldogs at pick 7 SPECIFICALLY. How do they get away with that s**t?

I still think paying a small price to a club so they can trade 19 for a future then trade it back is a better outcome for GWS.

Trade 19 for a first, then deal with WC (just using your club as example) to get a live pick in the 20's is good business whilst still getting Briggs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, those King twins not shying away from letting everyone know they don't want to leave Victoria! Max would love to be at Saint Kilda, and would prefer to be trading by the Saints, then follows it up by saying 'but you never know what happens.....', instead of the old 'but i'll be happy to play anywhere. Disgraceful.
Same with Ben King mentioning that he would rather stay in VIC and be picked up by the Bulldogs at pick 7 SPECIFICALLY. How do they get away with that s**t?
Max King trained with the full Saints group this morning.

I mean, they can say whatever they like, doesn't really mean anything unless they outright refuse to play outside Victoria. I agree that it really doesn't sound good, and honestly comes across as extremely immature. I'd rather avoid players like that to be honest

Makes you wonder if the Dogs have told him they’ll take him if he’s at 7 ahead of Smith.

Trade 19 for a first, then deal with WC (just using your club as example) to get a live pick in the 20's is good business whilst still getting Briggs.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just trade 19 for our future first and then we reverse the trade a pick later? Obviously with a smal upgrade our way maybe in future picks.

They get Briggs and 19.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just trade 19 for our future first and then we reverse the trade a pick later? Obviously with a smal upgrade our way maybe in future picks.

They get Briggs and 19.

Either way. Was more making the point ideally they'd want the 9,11, Briggs and a live selection in around 20 or so. It's good business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back