Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone will be the bad guy. I think it will be Gold Coast at 6 or Adelaide.
Don't think it will be the Crows as Sydney gave us their 1st rounder as part of the Gov trade... so usually there is a gentleman's agreement.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't think it will be the Crows as Sydney gave us their 1st rounder as part of the Gov trade... so usually there is a gentleman's agreement.

and traditionally Adelaide and Sydney have had a pretty good relationship, even if we don't trade with each other much.

*, just forgot about Tippett though, that probably did not help the Sydney/Adelaide relationship.

and traditionally Adelaide and Sydney have had a pretty good relationship, even if we don't trade with each other much.

****, just forgot about Tippett though, that probably did not help the Sydney/Adelaide relationship.
Tippett screwed us both!

Random question but who was the last player who played for the Swans before moving to the Crows? I am probably forgetting someone obvious but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Ryan Fitzgerald?

Scott Stevens another one.

Random question but who was the last player who played for the Swans before moving to the Crows? I am probably forgetting someone obvious but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.
Scott Stevens
Caven
Fitzgerald

Mattner went thr other way & now returned to coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Saints and Dogs don't have enough formally highly rated key position players who will turn out to be soft and unwilling to put in the hard work?
So how is the literally 1 decent key position player going for you guys? You know, the one you grabbed in free agency after developing at another club?
Pot calling the kettle black

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have plenty of good key position players. It is key position forwards we are low on.
No idea about Saints, but Dogs have Morris, Cordy and Naughton down back, so not sure how that's worse than Sydney?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
No idea about Saints, but Dogs have Morris, Cordy and Naughton down back, so not sure how that's worse than Sydney?

I was referring to the formally highly rated Boyd, Schache and McCartin. All of whom were top 2 in their respective drafts, and all of whom have not really delivered as promised.

I think key position forwards are a huge risk in the national draft, especially in the top 10.

Lol, look at you triggered out of your mind.

I made no argument that Rankine would go at no.1.

This if I'm not mistaken is a thread for rumours, and I posted a rumour (or multiple rumours).

You then stated straight out that it wouldn't happen, as if you know this for a fact (so you were the one here who stated that something would happen, all I did was share a rumour of something that might happen, or that a club believes will happen), so I brought up the fact that you likewise stated as a fact that Rayner wouldn't go pick 1 last year, as evidence that you stating something like that has little to no credibility on these matters.

How else was I supposed to respond to your crystal balling response to my post?

So if it comes down to who I'm going to take more notice of out of you, who's given nothing whatsoever as evidence for your claim, or someone who's had top notch mail out of a club who is far more likely to know what's going on in the draft than you are, on top of mail from someone else who's well respected on our board that said Carlton are a massive wrap for him, then just quietly it won't be you I'm taking notice of.

This is not to say that I'm expecting Rankine to go pick 1, but as I said on my post, it certainly won't surprise me in the slightest.

Sam Landsberger's article in today's HUN also believes it's out of Walsh and Rankine for Carlton, and he says there are a "handful of recruiters" at clubs who have Rankine at no.1, so there's no concrete evidence that I've seen anywhere that Walsh is certain to go no.1 any more than say McCluggage was two years ago.

I look forward to your next massively triggered response.

there ya go ;-)

Will have to come in, in the next 3 years imo.

It will be the single biggest improvement in competition quality the AFL could possibly introduce.

Would mean most clubs could readily engineer best available players into their biggest needs in terms of list balances. In terms of clubs taking years to fill out certain list needs, they could accomplish it in one night and not only fill the needs, but with the best available players that year.

Doubt it will ever be introduced - Big difference between the maturity of an 18 year old and an American equivalent who is drafted at 22 - Add the fact that the 22 year old has probably moved out of home to study at University and you have a world of difference.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Doubt it will ever be introduced - Big difference between the maturity of an 18 year old and an American equivalent who is drafted at 22 - Add the fact that the 22 year old has probably moved out of home to study at University and you have a world of difference.

I don't really understand your point.

The kids are drafted on the night anyway, where they end up at the very end of the night is irrelevant, they are still getting drafted.

Clubs will still take into account their character, go home factor etc.

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have heard that Freo have met with GWS this morning, i assume Freo will try and move their next pick up the draft order to try and get Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back