Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Delhi Police arrest Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

Have taken some key points from the second part of the press release of Toyah's Mums statement, relating to how things unfolded for Toyah's family and boyfriend when it became clear that Toyah was missing.

Might be a handy reference but also to set straight some of the misinformation that has been put out there on other forums discussing Toyah's case.

1. Marco reported Toyah missing

2. Upon finding out, Mum Vanessa, made a few calls to try and get some information. Vanessa, brother Jack and father Troy headed down to Wangetti beach.

3. They searched as best they could in pitch black with small torches till 5:30am

4. Vanessa located Toyah's dog indie

5. Jack and Vanessa headed home

6. When Vanessa and Jack had returned back to Wangetti beach, The police and SES had also arrived.

7. Vanessa explained to police how Indy was found, Jack lead a uniformed officer to that location.

8. father Troy, sadly discovered Toyah not long after.

Last edited:
Police have gone public asking anyone who's been accosted or harassed on any Cairns beach to come forward, so they might believe Toyah was the victim of a random stranger crime.

Adding on to this,

“We are also keen to speak to any female who has been approached by any male either acting inappropriately, aggressively, or making them feel uncomfortable in the last 12 months to two years in any beach area or secluded area between the northern beaches of Cairns to Cardwell,” Detective Insp Smith said.

“I’m not saying sexual, I’m using the word ‘inappropriate’, I’m using the words ‘making people feel uncomfortable’.
“I’m leaving that broad so community can make their own determination on what they feel they would like to come forward and report to the police.
“We’ve already had a number of calls (from women) to Crimestoppers in relation to males causing them concern on our beaches.”

Immediately after Ms Cordingley’s murder was reported, a number of women complained about the behaviour they’d experienced on the beach on social media.
The local publication Cairns Post received numerous reports of nude men displaying “deviant sexual behaviour” on the beach in recent months.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...s/news-story/4bde763a8fe7863d12dd45496d964288

da308e8ea9651948dc770a68096649f7.jpg

Police at a presser, identified areas of interest being Lake Placid (did this inspire the movie?) and Caravonica areas. Toyah's mum has also made a statement.

"As a result of ongoing investigations by detectives, we identified a number of areas of interest in the Lake Placid and Caravonica area, which led to a series of searches by the state emergency service, State Emergency Service members and the Queensland police divers and they occurred over the weekend," Inspector Smith told a press conference today.

"We found a number of items and they will form part of our investigation."

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/19...h-appeal-in-hunt-for-toyah-cordingleys-killer

Given that the search efforts produced a number of items of interest, I'm intrigued as to what led investigators to these specific areas?
Tip off?
Suspect in mind?
Something else?

Given that the search efforts produced a number of items of interest, I'm intrigued as to what led investigators to these specific areas?
Tip off?
Suspect in mind?
Something else?

If not getting information direct from someone in tip offs, phone mapping and pings? Either Toyah's phone and/or possibly a suspects.

Billboards along the roads.

HUGE billboard-sized signs will soon be attracting large numbers of motorists on the Captain Cook Highway in attempts to collar a killer.

One sign measuring 4.5x4.5m printed by Inspired Signs will be erected on a farm shed between the Yorkeys Knob roundabout and the Cairns Cart Hire and Lasertag Centre.

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/...s/news-story/d9365d5f2c1311927ccc08fb5511a844

https://m.facebook.com/TheCairnsPost/
4th story down.

I feel a continued admiration and respect for Toyah's trusted family friend Wayne "Prong" Trimble for his steadfast dedication and persistence to get answers for Toyah and her loved ones. He is the quintessential personification of a true blue Aussie legend!

Screen shots for convenience.

786d37537dd43c10d23bb148639b362c.jpg
2c6c6bff39a0f83e1eac9bf72eeffc4c.jpg
796358a2fc5d841fe0f57f52f7b7e5ce.jpg
37b41b0f58bb4b0700098645e606e4ba.jpg
0c0ea712aa02014142e863f53164c37d.jpg
8c50310113f038cdad97dcb14f47d7e4.jpg
ce96c4a40888a184e7214bcde7bf4480.jpg

Last edited:
“Everyone is angry, not at the coppers or anyone else but the situation she got herself in and what happened after that.” - Wayne ‘Prong’ Trimble -

I wonder what he means by the situation she got herself in?

He may have perhaps chosen his words a little more carefully .... I can only think he must be referring to 'risk'.

He may have perhaps chosen his words a little more carefully .... I can only think he must be referring to 'risk'.

Agree, perhaps the "risk" was walking alone on a beach known to have creeps lurking around and many stories of women having scary encounters.

Still, I can't help but wonder if there's more to that comment than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still, I can't help but wonder if there's more to that comment than that.

Same, running into high risk. Possible it's thought she may have agreed to meet someone she should not have trusted. That may explain the dog tied to the tree and how he got her off the foreshore into the dunes.

Same, running into high risk. Possible it's thought she may have agreed to meet someone she should not have trusted. That may explain the dog tied to the tree and how he got her off the foreshore into the dunes.

One scenario that I keep coming back to is the person responsible has tricked Toyah into believing he's needed help?

Maybe to find his "lost dog/ puppy" it's possible that any instinct to be wary that she may have felt could've been overridden by her caring nature for animals.

There's been a lot of calls to crime stoppers and also the Cairns Post from women with info about their creepy encounters, this "can you help me" scenario may have been something he's tried out a few times and part of the reported experiences mentioned by some of these women.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of calls to crime stoppers and also the Cairns Post from women with info about their creepy encounters, this "can you help me" scenario may have been something he's tried a few times and mentioned by a few of these women.

Ted Bundy used to use that trick of pretending he needed help. How awful.

Ted Bundy used to use that trick of pretending he needed help. How awful.

Ahhh yes that's right.

I don't want to give that pos any type of credibility for his crimes but he had his methodology of abduction down to a very fine art, and so brazen in many cases.

I'm reminded of a case that happened in Perth a few years ago where a woman, who was out walking, was tricked into helping a "distressed" man look for his "lost puppy"
She followed him into bushes and was sexually assaulted. She said that she didn't even think twice about it, he was so convincing.

Seems like a popular coercion method huh.

Last edited:
Maybe to find his "lost dog/ puppy" it's possible that any instinct to be wary that she may have felt could've been overridden by her caring nature for animals.

Listening to the latest Casefile pod on the murder of Sian Kingi, a lost puppy was the ruse Valmae Beck used to get her off her pushbike so her husband could attack from behind.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...e/news-story/892c36c8143a01e6dc984dc50a2ed23c

Police have released CCTV footage of 68 vehicles they want to identify as they go to extraordinary lengths to solve the brutal murder of Queensland pharmacy assistant Toyah Cordingley. The motorcycles, cars and trucks were recorded in a five-minute period on Sunday October 21, the day Ms Cordingley was murdered while walking her dog at Wangetti Beach, 42km north of Cairns. Detectives want to identify potential witnesses travelling south towards Cairns and have called on the drivers — or anyone who recognises the vehicles — to come forward. Hundreds of other vehicles travelling in the area have already been identified.
The vehicles were travelling south on the Captain Cook Highway near Clifton Road, Clifton Beach, between 5.02pm and 5.07pm. Clifton Beach is to the south of Wangetti Beach. In the CCTV footage, police have numbered 69 vehicles but say they have already identified one.

See below link for the CCTV prepared for the ID process.
Each vehicle has a number overlayed on the vid

note how the footage especially slows down for some of the vehicles
Like No. 21. White Ute
Anyone else think they might be deliberately slowing the footage down on many of the white vehicles?

Nice work QLD Police

Cars of interest - Toyah Cordingley Murder Investigation

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...e/news-story/892c36c8143a01e6dc984dc50a2ed23c

See below link for the CCTV prepared for the ID process.
Each vehicle has a number overlayed on the vid

note how the footage especially slows down for some of the vehicles
Like No. 21. White Ute
Anyone else think they might be deliberately slowing the footage down on many of the white vehicles?

Nice work QLD Police

Cars of interest - Toyah Cordingley Murder Investigation

Awesome post, thanks BFew.

Looks like they are interested in white cars, yes there seems to be some slowing down and particular focus on a couple in that clip.

Also, number 11 is drunk and is that a dog in the back seat of number 21?

Not sure how you detected that No. 11 was drunk.

Could well be a canine in the back seat of No. 21.

I was kidding on No. 11 just noticed a bit of a veer.

Really interesting video, at first I thought No. 21 had a front seat passenger but there's something sticking a head out of the back window I think ... like a dog would do leaning into the wind.

Lot to see in this.

It would have been good if WA Police had something similar to publicly release for all the vehicles cruising around Claremont at key times of the CSK events.
Although the daytime of the Toyah disappearance makes it much easier to ID vehicles than an after sunset crime.

It would have been good if WA Police had something similar to publicly release for all the vehicles cruising around Claremont at key times of the CSK events.
Although the daytime of the Toyah disappearance makes it much easier to ID vehicles than an after sunset crime.

You get the feelz the police might be closing in Toyah's killer BFew ? I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back