News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

And to complete the set!

2018-DUURSMA-Xavier.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

A medium defender/midfielder with an exciting burst of speed when breaking the lines from defence or out of the middle. The Gippsland Power captain has good step through traffic and was a prominent player for Vic Country in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. He showed his athleticism at the NAB AFL Draft Combine with third place in the running vertical jump (right foot), reaching 83cm. His father Dean was on Sydney and Melbourne’s list, until injury cut short his career. Xavier’s uncle Jamie played 59 games for the Swans, Lions and Melbourne.

XAVIER DUURSMA
POS: Midfielder
Ht 185cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 7/7/00
From Gippsland Power/Vic Country

Duursma is on the radar of the Lions and for good reason. He enjoyed a consistent season for the Gippsland Power and Vic Country, roaming through the midfield and across half-back. He's a rangy size but can run well and separate himself from packs with some speed. Would nicely complement what the Power would have brought in with their first two picks.

Congratulations you guys, watching this kid grow up through the local Little Aths and Sports Days at the high school (only 3 years older), almost broke every record there was. He'll be a great player for you, there's a reason he was captain

Welcome to the club!
Prove everyone wrong.
Pull your fraking finger out and prove 95% of big footy poet people wrong. Your work ethic will lwork at this Ken club.
Sorry, I don't go onto the main board, is one of the best footballers in South Gippsland right now expected to not reach 30 games or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations you guys, watching this kid grow up through the local Little Aths and Sports Days at the high school (only 3 years older), almost broke every record there was. He'll be a great player for you, there's a reason he was captain

Sorry, I don't go onto the main board, is one of the best footballers in South Gippsland right now expected to not reach 30 games or something?
It’s a bit of a joke how some here rate Duursma. Had to make sure he wasn’t playing in a wheel chair with what some say about his kicking.

Ya joking you’re gonna do it again this year.

ya joking if you think i have anything of value to say at any point ever

#itsdifferentthisyear
#iaddedahastagthistime
#itsgotanewhat

The board is anti-Duursma because Macca and Portia are anti-Duursma, but those two are heavily outweighed by the draft watchers around the country who do rate him. I'm not jumping for joy over this pick but I'll give him a chance.

T

Thanks mate for the info. Sick of the negativity of some. Welcome Duursma. Be a gun for us.

637073-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Ht 185cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 7/7/00
From Gippsland Power/Vic Country

What afl.com.au’s Cal Twomey says about Duursma…

“Duursma enjoyed a consistent season for the Gippsland Power and Vic Country, roaming through the midfield and across half-back. He's a rangy size but can run well and separate himself from packs with some speed.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back