Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrish Medal winner who missed the U18 champs due to surgery for a broken jaw.

Inside mid, excellent kick but lacks aerobic capacity and break away speed. Twomey had him ranked 18th in his October Form Guide.

Stocker's end to the season and performances for the Sandringham Dragons in their passage to the preliminary final has pushed him into the conversation as a first-round pick. Clubs such as Adelaide, Brisbane and Richmond with their late first-round picks will have a think about Stocker.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-30/tomorrows-heroes-liam-stocker

LiamStockergraphic-2.jpg

Would love him to get to 20- he sounds a terrific young fella. I think he suits what WC need, a young inside mid ready to take over from Redden/Shuey in a couple of years.

For the supporters of the club that eventually drafts him, have a listen to the road to the draft podcast episode he is interviewed in. Just speaks so well and seems so internally driven to get the best out of himself.

Cal Twomey suggested that Hawks had met with him this past week and hinted Hawks could look to trade into the first/second round to nab him. It would be interesting (even for neutral supporters) to see that live trading/future picks trading happen, if nothing else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is still on the board come Friday I can see a couple clubs inquiring about our pick 20 which is the first pick of that day.

Either that or we take him ourselves lol. I doubt he'll slide past Richmond's first pick.
That's what I was thinking - we would hit either GWS or WCE up for a pick swap to get him if available.

Cal Twomey suggested that Hawks had met with him this past week and hinted Hawks could look to trade into the first/second round to nab him. It would be interesting (even for neutral supporters) to see that live trading/future picks trading happen, if nothing else.

Not sure what the Hawks would/could offer.

I mean, let's say it he got through to Richmond's pick (17ish)...Hawthorn, suspecting they'll take him, approaches Richmond and offers...what?

It'd take quite a bit to shift a club out of the first round of such a good draft when all you've really got to offer is future picks.

If he is still on the board come Friday I can see a couple clubs inquiring about our pick 20 which is the first pick of that day.

Either that or we take him ourselves lol. I doubt he'll slide past Richmond's first pick.

I think there are a few players that could be said for.

Pick 20 might end up having that little bit of extra value due to the break.

No chance any team will trade out a 1st round pick this year tonight IMO
You're probably right - I guess we'll wait and see!

I do think people have it in their heads that this year is a super draft and every draft expert you hear from says it isn't. The top 10 in the draft is high end, the rest is just a normal draft. If the deal was an improvement on what a club has this year, I think they'd look at trading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back