No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's that supposed to be
It's a new AFLW jumper, something to do with a new Marvel movie.

But it won't just be Norf, I think we're likely to get one for the AFLW too...

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com....s/news-story/8faa986c58cb08ed670e1e107213a4da

AFLW clubs raise concerns over Marvel superhero designed jumpers

The latest AFLW gimmick which will have players wearing superhero designed jumpers to coincide with a Marvel movie release is raising eyebrows.

Clubs were notified this week about plans to turn the Round 6 double-header at Marvel Stadium into a marketing blitz around the release of Captain Marvel, the company’s first feature film with a female superhero.

The movie is set to be released on March 7, two days before Collingwood plays North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs take on Melbourne in the double-header.

There are several areas of concern about the whole concept for the clubs including the design of the jumpers.

6214c09761cdbfa5a7f23f3966f30177

How the AFLW jumpers would look.

“They look like Christmas presents wrapped in gold ribbon with belts,” one club official said.

“Some would rightly see it as trivialising the competition, I mean would they do it with the men?”

One of the pet hates of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire is tinkering with the club’s traditional black and white strip.

North Melbourne already has three different jumpers for the AFLW season — the traditional blue and white guernsey, a clash strip and also a special Tasmanian jumper for their home games in the Apple Isle.

The Western Bulldogs certainly don’t have an issue given its vice-president Kylie Watson-Wheeler is the managing director for the Australian arm of Disney, which owns the Marvel franchise.

Clubs were initially only given two days to agree to the Marvel takeover but that deadline is being extended with questions being asked around the whole process.

As laughable as it is. It'll be interesting watching how Collingwood react to the above considering how much they crap on about how sacrosanct their 'prison bar' guernsey is to them, unless of course that only applies to the mens team.

Disney's filthy lucre always comes with strings attached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really care about either clubs but Ben King doesn’t need that.
Tom Boyd didn't need the hounding he got about his contract either, but that didn't stop it from happening.
Won't be the last time somebody suggests Ben King should head to St Kilda. I'm sure Gold Coast knew what they were getting in for.

Tom Boyd didn't need the hounding he got about his contract either, but that didn't stop it from happening.
Won't be the last time somebody suggests Ben King should head to St Kilda. I'm sure Gold Coast knew what they were getting in for.
Different when it comes directly and publicly from an AFL club though vs media/fans.

I really hope my local te... I mean the Suns do well next year, including a trouncing of St Kilda. Did love it when they beat Sydney this year.

Considering the AFLW uniforms are basically just cotton-on body changing the colours of their women's pyjama sets I'm not sure making them superhero themed can make them much worse.

Who doesn't love superhero pyjamas?!

Got a chuckle at Essendon massively reaching for Mosquito in the run on matched Academy bids in the second round and Hawthorn going “yeah, nah”.

Dodo’s wtf forced fist pump is a crack up. The shot of their team looking confused after the Hawks didn’t match was great.

Got a chuckle at Essendon massively reaching for Mosquito in the run on matched Academy bids in the second round and Hawthorn going “yeah, nah”.

Dodo’s wtf forced fist pump is a crack up. The shot of their team looking confused after the Hawks didn’t match was great.

GIF please!

Big headlines in the Liberal Pamphlet (I.e. Herald Sun) that the mosquito has Essendon buzzing again - didn't that happen a few years ago and they got punished for it? Idiots never learn

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back