Traded Eagles Pick 50+2018 1st for Gold Coast Picks21,26,37+2018 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the Suns want to trade out one of their early picks in 2018 for WC's 2019 first-rounder?

Could be a good deal.
Hahahahaha , GC get pick 3 for Lynch and Eagles get end of first round for Lycett /GAff . You win some you lose some .

Hahahahaha , GC get pick 3 for Lynch and Eagles get end of first round for Lycett /GAff . You win some you lose some .
Because WC won a flag this year and GC are s**t. You know you're in trouble when you start "celebrating" lower ladder position.

But yeah, win some, lose some.

That aside, Band 2 compo for Lycett is fine. Band 1 for Gaff not so much. But once again, that's because the pesky premiership came our way. Win some, lose some. Let me know when GC start winning some.

Last edited:

hahaha you ain't a glass half full type are you. liam ryan wasn't that good man.

if i ever need a resume or a bio for a dating site you are the man.
I guess if we need footy analysis, we know you aren't the man!

Ryan showed his form in the first few games before injury wasn't a fluke.

Last edited:
So Gold Coast have picks 19, 24 and 29.

How about those picks and GC's 2019 second-rounder in return for WC's 2019 first-rounder?

That could easily be a top 5 pick if WC fall away as a expected. Ageing list, no Priddis or Petrie etc.
Done deal could be finalised tommorow .

So Gold Coast have picks 19, 24 and 29.

How about those picks and GC's 2019 second-rounder in return for WC's 2019 first-rounder?

That could easily be a top 5 pick if WC fall away as a expected. Ageing list, no Priddis or Petrie etc.
If you ask nicely, we will give them to you for free

Professional organisations bet on themselves.

Well done Eagles.

vB9B5.gif

I think West Coast got slight overs for Lycett and Suns lost out with 3 for Lynch but not shafted stupidly. Thankfully Gaff stayed because 20 for him was robbery.

BUMP!

The gift that keeps on giving....

West Coast have now received Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan, Petrucelle, Xaviar O'neill, Bailey Williams
for effectively Brayden Crossley, Xaviar O'Halloran and our future 5th rounder.

Thanks Gold Coast

BUMP!

The gift that keeps on giving....

West Coast have now received Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan, Petrucelle, Xaviar O'neill, Bailey Williams
for effectively Brayden Crossley, Xaviar O'Halloran and our future 5th rounder.

Thanks Gold Coast

Dunno how it’s kept on giving with zero gamers. O’Neill and Williams might be busts and O’Halloran might win Brownlows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year's trade and this year's aren't related

However I will say, since picks first started being allowed to be traded - we do seem to be on the front foot.

We were involved in the first ever pick swap (with the bullies) and again in the live swap. It always seems to be a win:win scenario as well - which means we are keeping tabs not just on our own needs, but the other 17 clubs as well.

Last year's trade and this year's aren't related

However I will say, since picks first started being allowed to be traded - we do seem to be on the front foot.

We were involved in the first ever pick swap (with the bullies) and again in the live swap. It always seems to be a win:win scenario as well - which means we are keeping tabs not just on our own needs, but the other 17 clubs as well.
It would be negligence not to be doing so. Be aware of who might be looking to trade up / down and go to them with offers.
You guys are doing it well. I hope everyone is doing it.

Just an update on this trade, as it looks to be even worse! Now that Brayden Crossley could be out for 4 years for taking performance enhancing drugs on game-day, effectively the trade looks like possibly one of the worst in recent memory!

THE TRADE

WEST COAST receives

2017 draft: 21 (Oscar Allen), 26 (Liam Ryan), 37 (Jack Petrucelle)

2018 draft: 20 (GC’s second-round pick) - Xavier O'Neill

GOLD COAST receives

2017 draft: 50 (Brayden Crossley)

2018 draft: 18 (WC’s first-round pick) - Jez McLennan

As a lot of compensation picks were swapped around in 2018, I am not sure who WC took with GC's second round pick, and who GC took with WC's first round pick. But if I got this right unless Jez McLennan is the next Gary Ablett Jnr, this goes down as possibly the worst trade in AFL history. Ryan is already a premiership hero, Allen & Petrucelle are also best 22.

Amazing that the AFL signed off on this one, amongst other trades like Pick #2 for Weller etc

Just an update on this trade, as it looks to be even worse! Now that Brayden Crossley could be out for 4 years for taking performance enhancing drugs on game-day, effectively the trade looks like possibly one of the worst in recent memory!

THE TRADE

WEST COAST receives

2017 draft: 21 (Oscar Allen), 26 (Liam Ryan), 37 (Jack Petrucelle)

2018 draft: 20 (GC’s second-round pick) - Xavier O'Neill

GOLD COAST receives

2017 draft: 50 (Brayden Crossley)

2018 draft: 18 (WC’s first-round pick) - Jez McLennan

As a lot of compensation picks were swapped around in 2018, I am not sure who WC took with GC's second round pick, and who GC took with WC's first round pick. But if I got this right unless Jez McLennan is the next Gary Ablett Jnr, this goes down as possibly the worst trade in AFL history. Ryan is already a premiership hero, Allen & Petrucelle are also best 22.

Amazing that the AFL signed off on this one, amongst other trades like Pick #2 for Weller etc
Well both WC are GC were supposed to be around the bottom 4 in 2018 so if WC finished 15th and GC 16th in 2018 it would have been:

WC get - 2017 - 21,26,37, 2018 - 21

GC get - 2017 - 50, 2018 - 4

That would have been about even so WC were pretty much in a win win situation where as GC could only have broken even

Yeah therefore it’s the gift that gave. It hasn’t kept giving.

And what happens when Petracelle at pick 39 ex Suns pick turns into a 1st rounder if traded?

Or becomes the A grader some think he may well become.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back