• 15.9 disposals
  • 2.9 marks
  • 3.7 tackles
  • 0.7 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 2.7 inside 50s
  • 0.5 rebound 50s
  • 74.35 DT points

What made Cavarra go from undrafted for a number years, to be taken pretty earlyfor a mature age player this year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was originally a small, slowish midfielder; no clubs want sub-175cm players running around the stoppages. He converted into a small forward a couple years back to boost his chances of getting drafted to the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A natural forward which is what we need - not sure if it’s just me but I’d feel a lot better about this pick if it wasn’t for the 5 mature agers pre selected by Carlton & Gold Coast. Got to wonder why he wasn’t in that mix yet is worth a third rounder

A natural forward which is what we need - not sure if it’s just me but I’d feel a lot better about this pick if it wasn’t for the 5 mature agers pre selected by Carlton & Gold Coast. Got to wonder why he wasn’t in that mix yet is worth a third rounder
Fremantle would have taken him before our next pick if we didn’t select him at 45.

Perhaps just as simple as needs for each team. Not such a priority perhaps

Very interesting how Cavarra and Honeychurch’s careers have progressed. Both elite juniors (friends and played against each other), played together at Ranges and for Vic Metro, both similar sizes and positions yet one of drafted by us and one was left to toil in the VFL for years.

Now after 5 years, Cavarra essentially takes Honeychurch’s spot on the list.

Love Benny and glad he got picked up by you guys. The biggest knock I always heard before he went to Williamstown was "Big fish, small pond". Good goal sense, can rotate through the middle and is a high pressure player. Think of him as Toby Greene lite.

What made Cavarra go from undrafted for a number years, to be taken pretty earlyfor a mature age player this year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
When he started he was a pure midfielder at Frankston much like Michael Gibbons who went undrafted this year when he went
to Willy he changed into a small forward with hurt in pressure terms and hitting the scoreboard. The games evolving in the
last few years has upped the focus on the small to hybrid forwards, so you could say that Cavarra has adapted his role to be
a strength rather than a weakness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back