Player Watch Kieran Strachan

A developing ruckman hailing from South Bendigo, Strachan has played six games over the last two years at VFL level.

He started 2018 on Essendon's VFL list before shifting to Port Melbourne mid-season searching for opportunity but suffered a broken ankle in his second game against Williamstown.

The 23-year-old is athletic for a big man, strong and versatile enough to play either in the ruck or as a key forward.

Won back-to-back club best and with South Bendigo in the Bendigo Football League.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So mature ager at 23, we now have 3 mature ruckman in our SANFL 22.

Frankly, none of these 3 are far away from being out best option at AFL level. Hopefully Sauce gets back to his old form, but otherwise this guy isn’t joining us as depth. If he can show more than ROB and Hunter he is a red hot chance of playing AFL later in 2019.

Good luck Kieran and welcome to Adelaide.

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Reckon one of the scouts saw a bit of him a while back because he's struggled with impact injuries over the course of the last few years.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Cant say I know much about him.

Hey fellas. I'm not the biggest Strachan fan, but he definitely has AFL qualities within him. He has good hands and is fairly mobile, but struggles to impact the game forward of centre and his tap work is fairly underwhelming in terms of creativity. He'll work hard and become a fan favourite with that. He struggled to get a game in Essendon's VFL side, but we had heaps of ruck depth as well. In all seriousness though, hope he does well for you guys and proves me wrong.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hey fellas. I'm not the biggest Strachan fan, but he definitely has AFL qualities within him. He has good hands and is fairly mobile, but struggles to impact the game forward of centre and his tap work is fairly underwhelming in terms of creativity. He'll work hard and become a fan favourite with that. He struggled to get a game in Essendon's VFL side, but we had heaps of ruck depth as well. In all seriousness though, hope he does well for you guys and proves me wrong.

I'd say you're selling him short here. He towelled up the Dons VFL midfield in their time trial at the start of last year didn't he? Big engine. Covers the ground really well from what I've seen.

I'd say you're selling him short here. He towelled up the Dons VFL midfield in their time trial at the start of last year didn't he? Big engine. Covers the ground really well from what I've seen.
Perhaps fairly wasn't the right adjective. I generally use it as a level up from just mobile.

Tapiola

Rookie
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for the input. Don't know anything about him at all so it's much appreciated.

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
is this legend his uncle?
upload_2018-11-24_12-20-11.jpeg

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
That's OK. He's currently the favourite to take out the Angus Graham best ruckman to never play a game award at B&F night, to be presented by Luke Lowden

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well at least we know the club is realising that Jacobs is just about cooked. I've never heard of this guy but he's worth a rookie spot at least. I was getting very nervous about next year with our ruck stocks.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Can he tap it to the feet of the mids? Because that's about as creative as we get.

Back