List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

https://outline.com/

Outline is your friend.

From 2 years ago.

Draft hopeful Jordan sweet not sugar-coating quality of 2016 season

NOVEMBER 14, 2016JORDON Sweet’s honesty is almost as striking as his strapping appearance.

The North Adelaide ruckman, who stands 202cm and weighs 101kg, admits he has had an inconsistent season with no standout games, just good halves or quarters”.

But Sweet, 18, is drawing attention from AFL clubs because of his skills, marking and potential for improvement.

He is adamant he will make the most of his opportunity if he is drafted later this month.

“To be honest, it wasn’t the best year,” Sweet says. “There’s been a bit of inconsistency and ups and downs.

“I never had a really good game, more just good halves and quarters.

“But I’m pushing (to get drafted) as hard as I can.

“Getting on an AFL list, you’d have the best of the best helping you out, fixing your game up and making your strengths even better.

“It’d mean a lot.”

Sweet tested for AFL clubs at last month’s state draft screening at Wayville.

He played three games for SA this year at the national under-18 titles.

For North, he lined up in 10 reserves and seven under-18 matches.

;At the start of the year I played good then I got to state champs and it was up and down from there, although a couple of my finals games for North were some of my better games,” he says.

Sweet shot up about 15cm in 18 months four years ago.

It took him a few seasons to adjust to his growth spurt and, for a long time, getting drafted did not seem a possibility.

A couple of years ago I wouldn’t have expected anything like this to happen so it’s pretty surreal,” he says.

I was tall but lanky and uncoordinated.”

Sweet has worked at Hungry Jack’s and as a labourer this year.

He plans to watch the November 25 national draft with family and friends.

“If I get drafted, it’d hold me in good stead for my career and my life,” he says.

CLUB SAYS:

“His skill level is very good for a big guy and he can take a good catch. He just needs to work on his consistency.” (Roosters football manager Darryl Wintle)

DRAFT RANGE:
50-rookie

Height
190cm
Weight
78kg
Current Team
Dandenong Stingrays

STRENGTHS: Kicking, endurance, rebounding, vertical leap, competitiveness
IMPROVEMENTS: Accumulation, tackling numbers

SUMMARY: Lachlan Young is an over-age prospect who came back to the Stingrays and showed strong desire throughout the TAC Cup season playing in the defensive half. He played a team-first game with competitive efforts and using his good endurance to wear down opponents and remain composed with ball-in-hand. He averaged a rebound every four disposals, which showed the majority of his touches were mopping up in defence. He did it well, kicking at 63 per cent efficiency, and while he only averaged the 12.5 disposals per game, he made the most of his touches in dangerous areas. Young also averaged just the 1.3 tackles per game in 2018, which was another area of improvement for him, but his strengths show why he has attracted club interest this year

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As a Cat B rookie, Khamis needs to be upgraded to play. Given we now have 1 less rookie than allowed, does this mean he can be upgraded at any time?

Otherwise why grab him only as a Cat B if we weren't going to use that 3rd pick - maybe we would we have lost our exclusive rights to him as a normal rookie?

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As a Cat B rookie, Khamis needs to be upgraded to play. Given we now have 1 less rookie than allowed, does this mean he can be upgraded at any time?

Otherwise why grab him only as a Cat B if we weren't going to use that 3rd pick - maybe we would we have lost our exclusive rights to him as a normal rookie?
He is a Cat A.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
I’m very happy with our selections today/yesterday in fact I’m stoked (heard that 50 tthisimes in the last 24 hrs). I think we’ve gone a long way to address some of the imbalance in our list and drafted kids with good footy IQ, vision and all are one touch players and there’s some genuine speed there too...

this is probably the best draft we have had in the last 6 to 7 yrs imo. our list is much better than the last 2 years. injury prone players gone and a couple of mature and young players that can play first round. happy? VERY HAPPY! AND KHAMIS A ROOKIE GIFT. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT. GOOD JOB POWER. CONSERVATIVE IS GOOD. THE HIGHER THE RISK THE HIGHER YOUR RETURN, BUT ALSO THINGS CAN STUFF UP BIG TIME. GREAT JOB! LOW RISK GOOD RETURN IN The long run. who want to be craptank?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
this is probably the best draft we have had in the last 6 to 7 yrs imo. our list is much better than the last 2 years. injury prone players gone and a couple of mature and young players that can play first round. happy? VERY HAPPY! AND KHAMIS A ROOKIE GIFT. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT. GOOD JOB POWER. CONSERVATIVE IS GOOD. THE HIGHER THE RISK THE HIGHER YOUR RETURN, BUT ALSO THINGS CAN STUFF UP BIG TIME. GREAT JOB! LOW RISK GOOD RETURN IN The long run. who want to be craptank?
Nothing much surprises me with your posts perro, but you just shouldn't be typing the phrase CONSERVATIVE IS GOOD:)

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Nothing much surprises me with your posts perro, but you just shouldn't be typing the phrase CONSERVATIVE IS GOOD:)
you are thinking of conservative in the political sense. i mean conservative in the sense of having a long term view with a sure return into the future. the gfc happened because the cowboys were give the reins in the financial sector and we are now wearing the consequences. that is the economist speaking.

carltank each year has been 'bold' but they are at the bottom. we have replaced injury prone players with two stars (smith and west) and brought in two mature players who can slot into the side. i think that is a balanced strategy that matches what we have and what bevo plans for the future. i might be wrong, but am less wrong than those who take high risk trades for short term gain. anyway, just my opinion. oh and i vote green and communist party. greetings from hohhot, in china. :moustache::cool::cool:

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So in the end nothing was gained by passing on him earlier in the day unless we were certain Hayes wasn’t going to make the rookie draft?
We smartly kept him covered during the ND and then when it was clear that the others where unable to take him (because only our pick was left) we snatched Hayes. Clever use of the new system.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
you are thinking of conservative in the political sense. i mean conservative in the sense of having a long term view with a sure return into the future. the gfc happened because the cowboys were give the reins in the financial sector and we are now wearing the consequences. that is the economist speaking.

carltank each year has been 'bold' but they are at the bottom. we have replaced injury prone players with two stars (smith and west) and brought in two mature players who can slot into the side. i think that is a balanced strategy that matches what we have and what bevo plans for the future. i might be wrong, but am less wrong than those who take high risk trades for short term gain. anyway, just my opinion. oh and i vote green and communist party. greetings from hohhot, in china. :moustache::cool::cool:
Agreed on all counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back