Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordon Butts

Height: 195cm
Weight: 80kg
Position: Defender
DOB: 31/12/1999

BIO:

The key defender is an exceptional intercept marker who is strong overhead and good at reading the ball in flight.

Butts was the youngest attendee at last year's Draft Combine but was ultimately overlooked by clubs. He went back to the Murray Bushrangers in the TAC Cup, averaging 17.5 disposals and six marks across 15 games.

The 18-year-old also played three games for Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley League, the last of which was a premiership victory.

Butts' father Gerard also won a premiership with the Bears in 1993 after a three-game VFL career with Carlton in 1988-89.
Brisbane bears weren’t as bad as they say !

I've always thought this but there are examples of our young players still developing very well

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
True, but I think that shows how good our coaches are rather than the team they play in.

Our coaching staff cop flak from all of us but they do a few things right.

I know we wont say it, but it's a necessity to improve the reserves side. Kids dont learn as much getting belted every week.

He isn't that type player though. If you wanted to make sure the reserves don't get smashed every week, you would add players who can impact through through the middle or add run. You would only use kpp's like that if they're mature players who can lead the defence but that's what Otten is for. Not convinced on Wilson as an AFL player, but he helps improve the SANFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright!!! Thought we might have missed out on using this...

587359_e9bfc9aa7fa693359d6d65dc5cc1ad7d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back