#12: Toby Bedford- With great number comes great responsibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a relief nobody bidded to drive his price up, getting him at pick 75 looks like a steal.

He's probably my favourite in the draft so I've kept great interest in him. I think you've got a good player in him, he really reminds me of Zac Fisher from the blues who I seen a fair bit of predraft and also rate. He also is a bit similar to Fantasia & Lonie and as we seen recenty with Zac Bailey and your very own spargo, they can surprise and have an impact earlier than thought. Jeffy will be a good mentor, wishing him the best :clapping:

A steal or a concern no one made a bid on him at all? We do need one or two more of his types. Hopefully he turns out better than Dion Johnstone.

Concern, but at least its a free hit.

I wouldn't have thought a player has ever been drafted in the 70's without there being several concerns over him.

Seems a pretty poor replacement for Hogan.

Interesting he didn’t attract a bid. Most draft followers had him ranked 35 onwards. Also don’t think I saw anyone rank Mozquito higher.
Definitely the type of pressure small forward we need but will probably take time to come on.
A bit of a free hit and seems no one else rated him. So I guess that’s a little concerning.

Interesting he didn’t attract a bid. Most draft followers had him ranked 35 onwards. Also don’t think I saw anyone rank Mozquito higher.
Definitely the type of pressure small forward we need but will probably take time to come on.
A bit of a free hit and seems no one else rated him. So I guess that’s a little concerning.

It's not concerning.

Betts
Garlett
Milne
Fantasia
Walters
Breust
Papley
Castangna
Butler
Stengle

All taken 4th round or later in the draft. In fact majority were rookies aswell.

Doesn't mean s**t for Bedford, he could easily s**t the bedford but small forwards don't need to be drafted high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not concerning.

Betts
Garlett
Milne
Fantasia
Walters
Breust
Papley
Castangna
Butler
Stengle

All taken 4th round or later in the draft. In fact majority were rookies aswell.

Doesn't mean s**t for Bedford, he could easily s**t the bedford but small forwards don't need to be drafted high.

Agree with this, castagna was taken as a rookie and has been a great addition to richmonds team, small forwards arent necessarily seen as the most important position so thats why teams tend to pick them up later in the draft.

They ways seem to be seen as steals when they perform and have an impact.

Yep. Impressed me. Looks like a good prospect.

Only thing I'm wondering, has he actually got a left foot? I'm yet to see any evidence suggesting so. 😂

He looks good. I’m a bit surprised he didn’t get a game or two at the end of last season.

I never realised he was genuinely quick, playing 2nf half says he probably doesn't make the team but he looks a very good 23-28 player on the list.

That kick on the run from the wing where he perfectly placed it for Fritah in a one in one was fantastic. I see genuine skill and room for improvement.... (Not to mention the set shot from the pocket)

Pickett would want to play well early on, Bedford isn't far away for me.

That kick on the run from the wing where he perfectly placed it for Fritah in a one in one was fantastic. I see genuine skill and room for improvement.... (Not to mention the set shot from the pocket)

Pickett would want to play well early on, Bedford isn't far away for me.
Is Bedford the one who was up there in the time trials with ANB? If so, he's not only quick but has a tank also which can only benefit his chances of getting a spot. I liked his game tbh. Has good pace, good goal sense, and decent skills. Our small forward problems might not be so bad if he and Pickett can keep improving. Spargo hasn't done much wrong either, although he's more a forward flank similar to ANB. But good signs from these 4 preseason in a position where we desperately needed to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back