Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

For future reference:

- I’m very happy with Bytel but would have been just as happy with Curtis Taylor

- I was hoping Jacob Kennerley at the Matthew Parker pick

- I was hoping for Fraser Turner at the Nick Hind pick

- with our last pick, if we wanted a mature ager, surely you pick Michael Gibbons....?

- Rookie pick, my preference would have been Tom McKenzie

Anyways, good luck to our new boys. Go you mighty Saints in 2019

I still can't believe they took Nick Winmar with pick 32. As I recalled nobody expected it and no other club showed interest in him. He was delisted with one year left on his contract. It was a pick blunder that many saw coming.

The older Winmar would be nice!
One our absolute best howlers. Was mystifying then, and still is.

Rapt with our draft results.

The biggest thing that sticks out to me is what a positive influence these mature aged players are going to have on the group. We finally have some players with speed, skills and a bit of attitude.

King is a projected super star who loves the club. Hopefully he can drag the club along to sucess with his mate Bytel.

Bytel I cant believe we got him so late. Looks a superb extractor and user.

If the fringe guys thought the pressure was on for spots before the draft, it has just gone up another 4 x notches.

Good day for both my main computer and laptop to completely s**t themselves,! Twas like the Ghost of StKilda's past infected all things technological in my house!
Causing everything to just inexplicably choke and fail!
Truly Bizarre!
Happy with our lot and love the boldness of going with over age indeginous boys, with speed, flair and a nice dose of campaigner about them!
Also appeared to have a real vision of how we want our Saints to look in the future!
Actually genuinely excited about how our list is starting to take shape!

BTW Doc how the F#ck do you produce such magnificent product from the use of these fandangled mobile atrocities?
I was sweating on just being able to login on this glorified calculator let alone be expected to use this tiny gadget on anything other than a bloody phone call! lol

Not the most gifted wizard on the Tekkers is the primate Malaka!​

As a father of identical twin boys I would put my house on Ben King joining the Saints. The connection is at the biological level, it is undeniable - almost beyond words.
It is purely a matter of time.

My wife is an identical twin, its a bloody pain in the arse, but yes I agree, more than likely Ben will come back, the detachment for the 1st time in their lives will be hard for him

My wife is an identical twin, its a bloody pain in the arse, but yes I agree, more than likely Ben will come back, the detachment for the 1st time in their lives will be hard for him
and especially when you add in the fact they are both die hard St Kilda supporters. one goes to the club they grew up loving, one doesn't, and even worse for him he goes to a rabble in Gold Coast who have been in the competition for 5 minutes

I really don't want to be so confident about it, because it'll suck if it doesn't eventuate, but seriously, all the signs point to it. get in his ear Maxy, you know it makes sense

From a realistic perspective, At best we can probably hope that 3 of the 5 draftees make it. You'ld hope King is at least one and be hopeful one of the mature ages and Bytel are the other two. I reckon parker is the most likely personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For future reference:

- I’m very happy with Bytel but would have been just as happy with Curtis Taylor

- I was hoping Jacob Kennerley at the Matthew Parker pick

- I was hoping for Fraser Turner at the Nick Hind pick

- with our last pick, if we wanted a mature ager, surely you pick Michael Gibbons....?

- Rookie pick, my preference would have been Tom McKenzie

Anyways, good luck to our new boys. Go you mighty Saints in 2019

Yeah was hoping for Bewley instead of Hind myself .
All the others happy enough actually really like Young & Wilkie picks .

Think picking mature aged players up to 23 yrs is far better system for later picks also.

Missed yesterday because of work but absolutely ******* stoked that Bytel slid to our pick! Wanted to trade up above the injectors to secure him but after WB traded up couldn't see it happening.
Dodoro opting for Mosquito was a godsend. Local Gippsland Power boy and a special talent who could become a cult hero for them but Bytel WILL be a bonafide gun.
Picking up a few mature age guys with some campaigner about them could prove to be a master stroke. Love that a couple of them have some serious pace.
Hind looks like a serious player.
Go Saints.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very happy with our draft haul.

Max will be an absolute superstar. Bytel looks great in his highlights, get his body sorted and it's daylight robbery getting him for a mid range pick. Some very quick, aggressive mature agers who have strong bodies and something to prove and will provide great support for the young guys whilst they grow.

Very nice

and especially when you add in the fact they are both die hard St Kilda supporters. one goes to the club they grew up loving, one doesn't, and even worse for him he goes to a rabble in Gold Coast who have been in the competition for 5 minutes

I really don't want to be so confident about it, because it'll suck if it doesn't eventuate, but seriously, all the signs point to it. get in his ear Maxy, you know it makes sense
And he’s doing his apprenticeship now. And we need another tall back. It’s not like we’re picking one in two years and waiting for them to gain experience!

Rapt with our draft results.

The biggest thing that sticks out to me is what a positive influence these mature aged players are going to have on the group. We finally have some players with speed, skills and a bit of attitude.

King is a projected super star who loves the club. Hopefully he can drag the club along to sucess with his mate Bytel.

Bytel I cant believe we got him so late. Looks a superb extractor and user.

If the fringe guys thought the pressure was on for spots before the draft, it has just gone up another 4 x notches.
Totally agree with you. Will put massive pressure on guys to perform.
The recruiting of guys like Young and Hind in particular I like. Fast, hungry and agro. Put them around the tall forwards with Kent and we look totally different and dangerous.
Starting to get a little more excited.

From a realistic perspective, At best we can probably hope that 3 of the 5 draftees make it. You'ld hope King is at least one and be hopeful one of the mature ages and Bytel are the other two. I reckon parker is the most likely personally.
I think there is a fair chance that all five national draft selections will play senior football sometime in the next 2-3 years. You would be expecting the mature aged recruits to push hard for selection. Players like Newnes and Dunstan are on notice.

So, 7 Jacks, one King, and isn't Frankie Peckett's oldest kid - in next year's draft - called Ace? Good job we've got the Pride game, we could do with a few Queens too.
Is Frankie's kid a decent prospect ? Because does Brett Voss and Milne have a father/son prospect for next year ? And Saints might have a possible ruck academy selection prospect on the horizon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back