List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it just me or does he look like Matt Priddis? If so, he's a future Brownlow medalist.
Funny I read this, spitting image of a mate of mine, took a photo on the AFL website sent it to my other mates who know him and said WC drafted the silly kent!
Absolutely spitting image !LOLOLOL

beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
Would have been happy to take him in the early 20s so it's fair to say I think this is a good pick.

Highlights are very impressive. Times his leaps in marking contests very well. Uses reach to his advantage. That passage of play where he outruns a smaller player on the wing, hands it off and follows up to kick the goal was really quite fantastic.

I think we'll develop him primarily as a ruck rather than as a forward who pinch-hits. FWIW he's taller than Paddy Ryder and has a similarly massive leap. We get way too hung up on height measurements when wingspan and vertical leap measurements are just as important. The amount of pointless agonising on this board over Oscar Allen's height this time last year should be lesson enough.

With Naita, Vardy, Hickey and Brooksby all 27-28, this was a very sensible pick. It wouldn't stop me from going after Tim English in a season or two, but at least we have a developing option. He'll have plenty of time to develop before he'll be needed in the senior team. My only concern is how our reserves team will manage to play all of our talls...

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 7.38.39 PM.png

Reminds me of this bloke.

Geelong board in meltdown over this pick.

Yeah well **** em will cost two first rounders after his first season and one of them inside the top ten..... isn't that how it goes.

This kids going to be a player.

Stoked to get him so cheap.

Been a massive fan of his for two years now and was over the moon when we took him.

Reckon a few Clubs will be spewing in a few years pissed off with themselves for not puling the trigger.

He will thrive and blossom under our Ruck program.

Link pls.

Are geelong actually becoming bigger melters over everything we do than freo?
Still melting on the Bay too
I hope we stand firm next season and demand no less than pick 5, he isn't exactly a free agent.

We kept Menzel on our list for years only for him to play us against Adelaide. Tim Kelly would be a wafl player if not for Geelong. I don't think these players appreciate or realize the unwritten obligation they're under. If he wants to leave it shouldn't be to another AFL club. We should ask for our high price, let him walk into the draft and be chosen by Fremantle.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks like s good pick up to me. Has a bit of mongrel in him so won’t shirk a contest.

Yep noticrd that he didnt mind throwing his weight around. Drive a knee into someones back taking a mark.

Very agile and follows up play well.

Nice grab and like his vibe.

Could easy be the standout from this draft.

I like how he's an angry screwed up face ranga :mad: Looks like he really wears his heart on his sleeve and wants to get in and have a crack.

Hoping he can control it a bit more than Tom Lamb did though. Don't want anymore sulking or looking east when things aren't going his way.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Love this pick. I was in a dilemma wanting 2 early mids and feeling like Williams would be there. Him sliding out makes up for earlier reaches.

He is a genuine power forward who likes to ruck and will throw his body around. Also happy to play back meaning we will have options to help Barrass if there are 2 planks to play on. I also like the way he follows up his aerial work at ground level. He way genuinely good at getting well above opponents in the air.

Simpson has a game plan that rucks need to do more than ruck so this fits in perfectly.

Saw some Dandenong games and Williams was their key forward and Bowman starting ruck but they were interchanged in both roles.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
I like how he's an angry screwed up face ranga :mad: Looks like he really wears his heart on his sleeve and wants to get in and have a crack.

Hoping he can control it a bit more than Tom Lamb did though. Don't want anymore sulking or looking east when things aren't going his way.
Looks like a totally different character to Lamb. I don't know quite how I can say this but I'm pretty certain he's nothing like Lamb. This guy is a 'goer' week out, week in, Lamb put in the effort when it suited him. He has a far more open face.

Back