Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the back of a super 2018 trade and draft period, it’s never too early to look ahead!

Finally we have some genuinely talented father sons coming through as well as Biggy Nyuon as a next generation selection.

Milne, Voss and Peckett’s eldest are also ones to keep an eye on, whilst the draft will probably bring us another pick inside the top 6-10.

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I told Voss I'd heard good things about him when I was at Seaford about 2 years ago (all from here). you better believe I'm claiming him if he comes good. all my doing :p
Probably a later pick or maybe a rookie, but has the tools. Is a nice height as well, around 6ft 2 in the old scale.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
On the back of a super 2018 trade and draft period, it’s never too early to look ahead!

Finally we have some genuinely talented father sons coming through as well as Biggy Nyuon as a next generation selection.

Milne, Voss and Peckett’s eldest are also ones to keep an eye on, whilst the draft will probably bring us another pick inside the top 6-10.

I’m unsure any of those kids are much good. Certainly Milney isn’t good enough. Boss goes ok. Know little about Frankie. The trade table is where we need to get it done.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even if we tried we won’t finsh that low, GCS will be horrid as well. Actually maybe we will, Matt Rowell or Jack Mahony would be superb!

Annoying to hear that Kade Kolo is killing them at Demonland already got him for peanuts.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Even if we tried we won’t finsh that low, GCS will be horrid as well. Actually maybe we will, Matt Rowell or Jack Mahony would be superb!

Bottom 2 is a real chance. Only the fixture probably can save us. Only Hanners improves the side next season and that even has an if about it unfortunately.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So none of the younger players get better yeh?

They certainly do but so does most other clubs around us. I rate that as the bottom reason to improve. I have the fixture as the biggest reason to improve then the trading period.

Just remember we had young players this year and went from 11 wins to 4 and half.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bottom 2 is a real chance. Only the fixture probably can save us. Only Hanners improves the side next season and that even has an if about it unfortunately.
That would probably be basing it on our players being at their limit or near to it and continued injuries. Hanners will be a good addition I have no doubt (not even of his body).

I think our team is very much a wait and see prospect with the amount of change from a personal perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
They certainly do but so does most other clubs around us. I rate that as the bottom reason to improve. I have the fixture as the biggest reason to improve then the trading period.

Just remember we had young players this year and went from 11 wins to 4 and half.
How many games you have us winning next year Plugger??

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Kent surely improves our side, as does getting Roberton back.

Kent is a 15 to 25 player so slight improvement. Roberton improves the side but I don't take much notice of injured players coming back because most likely they are replaced by other injured players. We had 2 great years with injury and one average to below average year so who is to say what happens next year. That is basically nearly luck or bad luck. The fixture is where we can really improve an the coaching and then Hanners who could be boom or nearly bust. None of the drafted players will really help even though a couple may get into the top 22 at the very bottom end.

A SELECTION OF THE 2019 FREE AGENCY POOL
Levi Casboult (Carlton)
Matthew Kreuzer (Carlton)
Stephen Hill (Fremantle)
David Swallow (Gold Coast Suns)
Stephen Coniglio (GWS Giants)
Nick Haynes (GWS Giants)
Adam Tomlinson (GWS Giants)
Grant Birchall (Hawthorn)
Liam Shiels (Hawthorn)
Ben Stratton (Hawthorn)
Nathan Jones (Melbourne)
Majak Daw (North Melbourne)
Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne)
David Astbury (Richmond)
Brandon Ellis (Richmond)
Shane Edwards (Richmond)
Jarryn Geary (St Kilda)
Jack Newnes (St Kilda)
Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles)
Josh Kennedy (West Coast Eagles)
Nic Naitanui (West Coast Eagles)
Brad Sheppard (West Coast Eagles)

Levi Casboult (Carlton)
Stephen Hill (Fremantle)
Nick Haynes (GWS Giants)
Adam Tomlinson (GWS Giants)
Grant Birchall (Hawthorn)
Liam Shiels (Hawthorn)
Ben Stratton (Hawthorn)
Nathan Jones (Melbourne)
Majak Daw (North Melbourne)
Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne)
David Astbury (Richmond)
Brandon Ellis (Richmond)
Shane Edwards (Richmond)
Jarryn Geary (St Kilda)
Jack Newnes (St Kilda)
Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles)
Josh Kennedy (West Coast Eagles)
Nic Naitanui (West Coast Eagles)
Brad Sheppard (West Coast Eagles)

Thanks mate, some talent there definitely.

busso_mick

All Australian
Jan 2, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham
It has dawned on me the reason for accumulating all of the Jacks that we have on out list. Our new list manager Libba will be pulling all the right strings to manufacture the Jack of All Trades prior to the 2020 season.

Also I have had a little wager on us to make the 8 next season @ $7 odds. Call me mad but I can see us moving up the ladder next year and vying for a finals berth. We have a very young list and if 3 or 4 young blokes start to emerge then it is not completely out of the question. Has anyone seen a pair of rose coloured glasses anywhere?

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Levi Casboult (Carlton)
Stephen Hill (Fremantle)
Nick Haynes (GWS Giants)