Opinion Who missed out on the ND who you thought was a certainty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grigg as a mature ager clearly stands out for mine. It's not his ability but clubs possibly worried about his Dad etc and how that may affect Mitch moving interstate. He is miles ahead of some of the mature agers picked in this draft and they aren't bad by any stretch either. Jhye Bolton deserved a go.

Otherwise Tom Lewis, stands out. Sydney Stack also though he did have some issues. Hayden Sampson for mine is better than Tarca and Cox who got rookied from SA

His Dad ??? Do tell

Sounds like stack has been invited to train with the tiges and may get picked up.

Huge steal if it happens imo

Sam Fletcher was a highly rated junior. All Australian Under 15s, AFL Academy Level 1 without playing a game in the Under 16 National Champs. Injured for much of his bottom aged year of TAC Cup. Injured again this year but came back late in the year to play an important role in Stingrays Premiership. He is an inside beast; see grand final with 20 to half time. Surely worth a rookie spot at least.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every other club missed him in two drafts.

Exactly, due to worries about off field stuff.

Tiges handling this superbly, get him at the club for a couple of months and see if hes invested then take the punt. He will be staying with hardwick too so he will get a good read on his character.

Touted as top 15 talent for basically free. Huge.

Exactly, due to worries about off field stuff.

Tiges handling this superbly, get him at the club for a couple of months and see if hes invested then take the punt. He will be staying with hardwick too so he will get a good read on his character.

Touted as top 15 talent for basically free. Huge.

If it works, sure. Alternatively he could be the next Dayle Garlett.

Still doesn’t cost the Tigers anything other than reading posts from a few mouthbreathing bf posters putting the boot in

Costs us nothing, so i dont see the issue here

I do see some salt though

Costs us nothing, so i dont see the issue here

I do see some salt though

Why would I be salty that Richmond look like they might be able to recruit somebody who my club didn't want with pick 26 in the rookie draft?

Yep. And all a Dayle Garlett type has to do is tempt another young guy to “get on the gear” and s**t hits the fan.

For every good story there’s 10 the other way
Rhys Palmer vs Dayle Garlett scenario .

Dayle Garlett is obviously the reference point as a worst case scenario for someone looking at Stack, but I don't think it will end like that. I heard from a friend who works at Hawthorn that Garlett left some serious scars around the place, he was a genuinely bad guy. He said they often make lighthearted jokes about dud players they've picked up in the past but mentioning him is out of bounds.

If Richmond pick up Stack they'd be pretty confident he's not going to be anywhere near that bad. Might not realise his potential, but I don't think he'd be destructive. I think this SSP or whatever its called will be good for guys with 'off-field' issues. Gives clubs a chance to have a look at them for 3-4 weeks on the track before committing.

Dayle Garlett is obviously the reference point as a worst case scenario for someone looking at Stack, but I don't think it will end like that. I heard from a friend who works at Hawthorn that Garlett left some serious scars around the place, he was a genuinely bad guy. He said they often make lighthearted jokes about dud players they've picked up in the past but mentioning him is out of bounds.

If Richmond pick up Stack they'd be pretty confident he's not going to be anywhere near that bad. Might not realise his potential, but I don't think he'd be destructive. I think this SSP or whatever its called will be good for guys with 'off-field' issues. Gives clubs a chance to have a look at them for 3-4 weeks on the track before committing.
Very very different case Garlett has /has addiction issue's which is different to stack
From what has been mentioned stack's issue's are more dedication and work ethic as well as family issue's which he is on record as saying that he would prefer to move interstate to concentrate on his football away from home.

Has been at the club 2 weeks now and from all reports on various websites has been training extremely well and doing everything required to a high level of commitment and is staying with Damien Hardwick and looks to have bonded with Rioli , Bolton & Chol

The question is does he have the long term commitment to training and the demands AFL brings

When would we find out about stack being picked up by the tiges.
Him staying with Dimma is the key. If Dimma sees him as a good kid combined with what he's able to do I've the one season he will get picked.
Dont think it will be until probably mid-late feb at the earliest imo

They wwill breakup for Xmas and more likely Stack will go back to perth with a set of goals he would need to match for his return in jan for the camp at the gold coast.

Richmond will wait and see how he comes back and how he goes the next 6-8 weeks before making a call , He certainly ticks the boxes with talent its just can he maintain the discipline required and do the required level of work.

Kids going to have to work his a55 off and earn the spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back