Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't posted in a V long time. Stronger than ever since changing my training. Current stats -

Overhead Press - 100kg
Front Squat - 115kg
Deadlift - 190kg

Loving the oly lifts and currently 80kg on the snatch and last tested clean was 105kg. Still learning a lot and improving every day.
You OHP 100 kg? Damn. Good going. That is my lifetime goal aha

How much do you weigh? How long you been training? What is your bench like in comparison?

You OHP 100 kg? Damn. Good going. That is my lifetime goal aha

How much do you weigh? How long you been training? What is your bench like in comparison?

When I first read it I presumed bench based off front squat and deadlift lol.

Would be interested to know what Shupe’s front squat 1rm looks like cos with a clean of 105kg I’d hazard a guess he’s capable of much more than 115kg.

The last 6 months of training have been really awesome, can't wait to start training strongman properly next year after my USA trip.

Although I've come to the realization that I can no longer fit small tops :'(:tearsofjoy:

42383441_364511044089405_2579927850478551525_n.jpg

So footy season is over, has been for almost 4 weeks. About 6 weeks ago I swapped over from training before work to after work. The early starts was killing my motivation. So the downside of sleeping in is having to put up with a crowded gym.

Cardio is one jog on a weekend
Weights is your typical bro split pull/legs/push twice a week.
Approx 44-48 (22-24 sets per session) for legs back and chest
8-12 sets per session for arms/shoulders

Rep ranges 5-8 for everything

Trying to get over niggling hip flexor issue from footy season

Been going to the gym pretty consistently for the last 6-8 months, found a liking for squat, bench and deadlift and a few of my mates have gone through and done a few powerlifting comps and it looks like fun so I’m jumping on that wagon.

Had a consult with a coach last Thursday and first session is this Friday with them and we’re doing squats first up.

Just doing it on my own without a spotter I’ve come to the lifts of
S - 100kg for 5-6 reps (feels pretty easy but form really concerns me so don’t want to go heavier.)
Bench - 1rm has been 95kg, don’t particularly want to get stuck though so having a spotter will be nice.
Deadlift - 130kg for 4 reps, once again concerned by form and positioning.

So hopefully I’ll have form for all three lifts down pat in the next 3 weeks as I’m seeing the coach once a week, they sent me a nutrition plan on Sunday as well that I’ve been following to a tee and sits around 1900 calories a day, according to the watch I’ve got I’m burning from 2800-3100 a day currently.

Basically told them I want to drop into the 100-105kg range and have a lift total of 450-500. Starting an 8 week cycle and we are going to do 1rm’s and then do another 8 weeks and do the 1rm’s again.

Pretty excited to start as I’ve always been a bigger bloke, (currently sitting around 119kg and 6’2ish) so it will be good to slim down a bit and get some strength going on!

Started gymming again a month and a bit ago. Cannot believe I didn't start earlier.

Working out when I was bigger was a chore; having slimmed down, I can see how people become fitness junkies. It's addictive, almost drug-like. Find myself wanting to go two to three times daily, just for the rush it gives me. Body has naturally started waking up at 5am. Nothing tops it

Never been this happy before, and can say finally starting an exercise program is a big, big part of it. If you're on the fence, just do it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Started gymming again a month and a bit ago. Cannot believe I didn't start earlier.

Working out when I was bigger was a chore; having slimmed down, I can see how people become fitness junkies. It's addictive, almost drug-like. Find myself wanting to go two to three times daily, just for the rush it gives me. Body has naturally started waking up at 5am. Nothing tops it

Never been this happy before, and can say finally starting an exercise program is a big, big part of it. If you're on the fence, just do it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

would love to gym twice a day!

had a really good session on Tuesday
second week back after missing 2 weeks with illness
after last week I was sore all weekend
this week im not feeling to bad

Had the first session tonight. I don’t want to tackle my staircase, also figured out what was wrong with my squat form. We worked out I need to strengthen my core as well because when I fatigue on high reps my upper body starts dropping, so that’s the idea at the moment!

Alright, well the starting weight was 123.6kg as I got weighed at a doctors appointment the Saturday before the first session. It’s been two weeks on the meal plan and had my first week of the training program last week and I weighed in at 121.1 this past Saturday. Consuming around 1900-2100 calories a day, a lot of carbs for energy for the gym and according to my watch I’m burning around 3200-3500 calories a day so I’m in a decent deficit. 7 weeks to go until 1rm day and then we’ll do the 8 weeks again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, well the starting weight was 123.6kg as I got weighed at a doctors appointment the Saturday before the first session. It’s been two weeks on the meal plan and had my first week of the training program last week and I weighed in at 121.1 this past Saturday. Consuming around 1900-2100 calories a day, a lot of carbs for energy for the gym and according to my watch I’m burning around 3200-3500 calories a day so I’m in a decent deficit. 7 weeks to go until 1rm day and then we’ll do the 8 weeks again!

The calories are low BUT because you are just getting back into things it’s the best time to lose body fat, gain muscle and get stronger even on low calories - 100% bro science

Pushing 80kgs due to eating a lot of food. Too much.
That’s my current issue, but it’s not a bad one. The meal plan is a s**t load more volume than I am used to and there’s 5 snacks a day I’m meant to eat on it but I’m currently only managing 2 of them as I am so damn full!

The calories are low BUT because you are just getting back into things it’s the best time to lose body fat, gain muscle and get stronger even on low calories - 100% bro science
If I eat all the snacks it puts the calories to about 2400 a day, still a deficit but I’m genuinely too full :p.

When I eat to much I get to 90kg and at 5’10 it’s my limit and I know I need to cut back. Ideally in footy season 85kg tops around 83kgs is perfect

Update time!

Followed the meal plan and training plan basically to a tee and haven’t veered off, upped a few of my lifts and still in the high reps range. Saturday one month ago today (20th October) I weighed 123.6 and I weighed in this morning at 119.1 so definitely dropping weight! Loving it so far though! Aim is to hit 113ish by the Christmas break.

Alright gang. Go easy. I always like to refer back to these for myself so here’s a bit of an update. What a s**t 6 months it’s been. Haven’t really shared this, but with the cloak of internet anonymity here goes.

I had an ectopic pregnancy 6 months ago. I was 8 weeks along. We weren’t trying. I found out the night I ended up in hospital from the abdomen pain. Life happens. That’s a different story.

On the plus side, I didn’t have invasive surgery, but it dragged out over 3 weeks. Then my body had to heal (no heavy lifting for a while) and then I had to mentally get over it. Long story short, I was out for 5 months and my ass looked like a wall again.

I’ve been back now for 2 months, and things are coming back slooooowwwwly. Lower bod is quicker because I’m training it every second day. Upper bod is slower and I’m carrying much more fat than I would like.

54kg.

Squats and Deads 50kg.

Also for anyone wondering - my calves stayed ******* ginormous the entire time. They defy all logic.

Last edited:
Alright gang. Go easy. I always like to refer back to these for myself so here’s a bit of an update. What a s**t 6 months it’s been. Haven’t really shared this, but with the cloak of internet anonymity here goes.

I had an ectopic pregnancy 6 months ago. I was 8 weeks along. We weren’t trying. I found out the night I ended up in hospital from the abdomen pain. Life happens. That’s a different story.

On the plus side, I didn’t have invasive surgery, but it dragged out over 3 weeks. Then my body had to heal (no heavy lifting for a while) and then I had to mentally get over it. Long story short, I was out for 5 months and my ass looked like a wall again.

I’ve been back now for 2 months, and things are coming back slooooowwwwly. Lower bod is quicker because I’m training it every second day. Upper bod is slower and I’m carrying much more fat than I would like.

54kg.

View attachment 588300

Squats and Deads 50kg.

Also for anyone wondering - my calves stayed ******* ginormous the entire time. They defy all logic.

Life does indeed happen, and as I’d discovered the world doesn’t tend to stop for us so we gotta just keep on truckin’.
You’re looking good :) (all things considered).
I’m also going to set you a goal of a 100kg deadlift by the end of next year (if you get a consistent run at lifting).
Hit that and you’ll be guaranteed to have buns of steel ;)

Life does indeed happen, and as I’d discovered the world doesn’t tend to stop for us so we gotta just keep on truckin’.
You’re looking good :) (all things considered).
I’m also going to set you a goal of a 100kg deadlift by the end of next year (if you get a consistent run at lifting).
Hit that and you’ll be guaranteed to have buns of steel ;)

Yep, indeed. :thumbsu:

Can I cheat and use wraps? I have the grip strength of a small child.

Sorry to hear about that vonn :( I had an ectopic pregnancy last year, it was awful and so painful. I too was out of action for about 6 months (ended up in hospital for 5 days, and in the end they had give me a dose of a chemo drug to get rid of the growth).

Fast track to 12 months later and I'm the strongest I've ever been, so keep on pushing! You are looking great! :)

As for grip strength, start incorporating farmers carry into your workouts.

54kg.

View attachment 588300

Squats and Deads 50kg.

Does the cleaner at your gym attend to mirrors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back