2018 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that why you dont like Penske ??

I've never liked Roland, I'm pretty sure theres many Holden fans who dont like him. When you combine the 2 most arrogant drivers with the most arrogant team owner and crew chief..... it's easy to see why.

I don't 'not like' Penske. I have no problems with the team. In fact I think having Penske and Andretti coming over is amazing.

Just because someone supports another team doesn't mean they hate the other one. It also doesn't mean they're a 'fanboi' like you said earlier. Way to jump to conclusions btw.

Calling SVG arrogant is hilarious. It's just the typical drivel that helps you paint the fictitious picture that Red Bull are the bad guys.

Entertaining though.:thumbsu:

Disappointed with the fuel decision give the team a fine not the driver for that one. I think car 99 at Adelaide did the same and they fined the team $3000 and 35 points.

I don't 'not like' Penske. I have no problems with the team. In fact I think having Penske and Andretti coming over is amazing.

Just because someone supports another team doesn't mean they hate the other one. It also doesn't mean they're a 'fanboi' like you said earlier. Way to jump to conclusions btw.

Calling SVG arrogant is hilarious. It's just the typical drivel that helps you paint the fictitious picture that Red Bull are the bad guys.

Entertaining though.:thumbsu:
I have never liked T8, even as a Ford team. They are arrogant beyond belief and always have been.

Disappointing that today is no longer a straight head to head battle. Would have been great to see.

A penalty should have been applied, but to say it gained an advantage is weird given there was a spilt second in it and the pit lane exit was closed for a while anyway.

Now can we stop with the officials biased towards 888 bullshit.
It’s always been rubbish perpetuated by people who are biased themselves.
Uh huh..... they broke a rule last round and got away with it, they broke one this round and didnt. Ironically they knew they broke both.

I'm staggered and somewhat disappointed they docked SVG though, none of this actually had anything to do with him at all..... it was a team error not a driver one. The officials ballsed it up last year with the pit lane speeding, they've done it again this year.

That said, it isnt over yet. Theres 5 cars who are nearly as fast or as fast as Scotty - CL, JW, SVG, Davey and Chaz. We know the T8 cars wont help him, Davey probably wont but he has history with the T8 and then theres Chaz.

That was poor, Whincup is one of the fairest drivers around, at least he knows where the line is for tomorrow.

Without commenting on the actual incident , Jamie's been around long enough to know not to have put himself in that situation.
Fabs was always fighting him so why give the guy a leg-up by trying to pass around the outside at T12 ???

Scotty is a bit more mature than he was last year, but funny things do happen.

Without commenting on the actual incident , Jamie's been around long enough to know not to have put himself in that situation.
Fabs was always fighting him so why give the guy a leg-up by trying to pass around the outside at T12 ???
Like I said, he did the same thing at Bathurst.

Hes a racer so he wants to pull the move, but it was dumb considering who his opponent was and the pace advantage JW had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I’m happier that Scott has a bigger chance of winning now, it sort of has taken some air out of the occasion.

Plus I’d rather Scott lose a straight up fight, than lose from 53 points above, if that does happen to be the case today.

It's not over yet, he needed 11th last year and couldn't get it done.

What these last 2 years have shown more than ever is the complete ineptitude of Supercars stewards. Last year they stuffed Penske by wrongfully giving a pit lane speeding penalty, now they've penalised a driver for a team stuff up.

They're as trustworthy and honest as the AFL integrity unit.

It's not over yet, he needed 11th last year and couldn't get it done.

What these last 2 years have shown more than ever is the complete ineptitude of Supercars stewards. Last year they stuffed Penske by wrongfully giving a pit lane speeding penalty, now they've penalised a driver for a team stuff up.

They're as trustworthy and honest as the AFL integrity unit.
Yeah consistency is what people are looking for, I bet you could find a heap of times the jacks have been raised or dropped with the fuel line in. (I’m talking milliseconds, not obvious ones)
If you watched it in real-time it doesn’t look out of the ordinary from what usually happens imo.
Let’s hope it’s a good race.

It is a shame the championship has basically been decide on a technicality. I am sure it happens plenty of times but the cameras are not at every car at every stop. It is a harsh penalty - a fine is sufficent.

McLaughlin has won the title before todays race, no question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back