Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Stewart in his 3rd year is returning to training the same time as Kelly. Is the boy from South Barwon also heading to Perth? Would explain why he's starting pre-season late...:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Tom Stewart is all Australian, so can get it that he is fit enough. He is also older.

Kelly, however, is not all australian and has only done one preseason with cats.

But sure. Best one was when cats statement and fans tried to add menagola into the mix as though he is a 1-4 year player.

Oh the giggles that day. Fantastic.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Tom Stewart is all Australian, so can get it that he is fit enough. He is also older.

Kelly, however, is not all australian and has only done one preseason with cats.

But sure. Best one was when cats statement and fans tried to add menagola into the mix as though he is a 1-4 year player.

Oh the giggles that day. Fantastic.
Menegola, Stewart and Kelly all return on the same day. All three headed to Perth I guess? :D

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
If you didn't know any better, with the carry on post-draft by the Weagles fanbase, you'd be forgiven for thinking they aren't all that happy with those 'super' picks 20+22. :)

Tim Kelly or two second rounders? I think we all know deep down which one we'd prefer. :D:D

Correction Tim Kelly for another 12 months.

Or three 2nd rounds in 2018, the Eagles 2nd rounder in 2019 plus upgrading your 2019 3rd to the Swans 2019 2nd. All of which would contribute to Geelongs list for years to come.

That's actually how it panned out and thankfully the Eagles banked those players and pick upgrades and didn't sell the farm for Kelly who they will likely get in 12 months a hell of a lot cheaper.

So its pretty obvious you didn't think that 'deep down' on what Wells turned his nose up to.

Eagles fans are rapt with the draft haul and pick upgrades.:):thumbsu:

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair enough, was simply saying if the WCE contingent weren't constantly telling everyone how happy they are with their middling picks, you'd be forgiven for thinking this Kelly drama is still at the forefront of their mind. At least now we know you lot are rapt and not at all bitter about Kelly remaining at Geelong for 2019.

Not bitter at all... :D:D

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
He doesn’t want the draft either so the weagles will be forced by HQ to cough up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forced to cough up?

How?

They just proved the value of 2nd rounders so realistically that's the max they will offer next season.

West Coast list is looking really solid and they will be 10 times more keen on Coniglio than Kelly and may well need to trade for him.

Could see the Eagles offer their 2019 1st + 2020 1st for Cogs and their remaining two 2019 2nds for Kelly.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair enough, was simply saying if the WCE contingent weren't constantly telling everyone how happy they are with their middling picks, you'd be forgiven for thinking this Kelly drama is still at the forefront of their mind. At least now we know you lot are rapt and not at all bitter about Kelly remaining at Geelong for 2019.

Not bitter at all... :D:D

We aren't.

Sure we all think Wells is a campaigner but hey we came out on top at trade and draft time after winning the premiership. :D

Whats not to like!!!o_O

Will get Kelly in 12 months time for less and in the mean time take our draft and trade haul and improve the depth of our premiership list.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
so looking forward to Geelong putting their best foot forward and attempting to do enough to get the family to stay. It’s quite simple for the club. Put a proper pastoral care plan in place and offer Tim a 5 x $1 million deal. Why that amount? It aligns with the value we hear he brings to the club and the trade value Wells thinks he’s worth.

Then we will see whether Geelong were just flocking with Tim or are legitimate

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
You keep telling yourself that.:thumbsu:

But in reality you know Wells has run a total root here.

Let the good times roll on.:)

Sure we all think Wells is a campaigner but hey we came out on top at trade and draft time after winning the premiership. :D

Would you care to enlighten us on what's changed in the past week? Is this you declaring the Eagles the winners of the draft?

They just proved the value of 2nd rounders so realistically that's the max they will offer next season.

What have they done?

West Coast list is looking really solid and they will be 10 times more keen on Coniglio than Kelly and may well need to trade for him.

Could see the Eagles offer their 2019 1st + 2020 1st for Cogs and their remaining two 2019 2nds for Kelly.

I'm sure Tim and family will be happy to hear the Eagles want to lowball for his future yet again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley29

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2008
the heart of darkness
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
StL Cards, THFC, South Sydney
Correction Tim Kelly for another 12 months.

Or three 2nd rounds in 2018, the Eagles 2nd rounder in 2019 plus upgrading your 2019 3rd to the Swans 2019 2nd. All of which would contribute to Geelongs list for years to come.

That's actually how it panned out and thankfully the Eagles banked those players and pick upgrades and didn't sell the farm for Kelly who they will likely get in 12 months a hell of a lot cheaper.

So its pretty obvious you didn't think that 'deep down' on what Wells turned his nose up to.

Please explain why he will be cheaper in 12 months?

And “he iz out of contract!!11!” is not a valid reason. Contracts mean jack s**t.

Hinkley29 Contracts mean jack s**t if a club wants to trade a player and the player doesn't mind leaving. If a club does not want to trade a player, or a player does not want to be traded, either can hold the other to the contract they originally agreed upon. If there is no contract, both club and player have other options.

Hinkley29

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2008
the heart of darkness
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
StL Cards, THFC, South Sydney
Hinkley29 Contracts mean jack s**t if a club wants to trade a player and the player doesn't mind leaving. If a club does not want to trade a player, or a player does not want to be traded, either can hold the other to the contract they originally agreed upon. If there is no contract, both club and player have other options.
What are the other options? I assume you are referring to going back into the draft?

How many established players have ever taken their chances in the draft?

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
so looking forward to Geelong putting their best foot forward and attempting to do enough to get the family to stay. It’s quite simple for the club. Put a proper pastoral care plan in place and offer Tim a 5 x $1 million deal. Why that amount? It aligns with the value we hear he brings to the club and the trade value Wells thinks he’s worth.

Name another $1,000,000 player traded without a top 22 pick being involved

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Pick 5 or lower for Kelly to go to a club of his choice. Would also take second/third rounder from Fremantle

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
For those who have visited Geelong, you will understand. The Cattery faithful are like Corio Bay residents thinking about going to Melbourne and lifting their aspirations only to come to a massive roundabout near Kardinia Park. At this point, the drivers enters the roundabout but then heads back south and return to a narrower set of views.

Occasionally there are residents that use the roundabout to progress and even get so far as Westgate Bridge. I suspect we have been introduced to a number of posters who cannot see further than the roundabout and feel more comfortable on a circular argument then go back home and shut up shop.

I just hope the mids keep this thread alive as it will be wonderful in the future.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Name another $1,000,000 player traded without a top 22 pick being involved
Exactly. You wanted the end round 1 compo pick 20, pick 22 and Eagles first round 2019. That is serious currency. Sounds like you see him as a top drawer talent.

Now that you have identified him as your elite talent at Geelong, please do the right thing and offer him a contract that financially reflects your valuation.

Clear or, as the say in Shawshank, am I being too obtuse?

What are the other options? I assume you are referring to going back into the draft?

How many established players have ever taken their chances in the draft?
Me saying he has more bargaining power next year is my opinion, based on a variety of factors. Equating it to simply whether a player has ever walked to the draft is disingenous and frankly I have better things to do than defend your strawman.

My original point is that he will have more bargaining power. He will be out of contract, he will have another year of experience under his belt, he may win your best and fairest or a Brownlow or one of many other accolades and KPIs. Geelong will either need to offer a contract that suits both parties, or they will need to trade/delist him. Geelong are a great club, but they do not have the power to compel out of contract players to sign new contracts against their will, and no club has ever achieved that.

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Exactly. You wanted the end round 1 compo pick 20, pick 22 and Eagles first round 2019. That is serious currency. Sounds like you see him as a top drawer talent.

Now that you have identified him as your elite talent at Geelong, please do the right thing and offer him a contract that financially reflects your valuation.

Clear or, as the say in Shawshank, am I being too obtuse?

If we are going to pay him Lachie Neale money, he should be worth a top 5 pick, not multiple ordinary picks.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Forced to cough up?

How?

Thats how it works; apparently. You want something you have to pay, you don’t want it enough, you don’t get.

As an aside, Why do you bother commenting? Don’t worry I think I know the answer.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

Not sure, but ONE thing for sure, Weagles have have been flocking with Tim for half a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back