Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Tundra, both boys are on EF colts list, with Brandon already scoring a colts game despite being 15....though don't see Keanu Haddow on EF list and noticed he didn't play in any of the under 16s state games....gone off the boil perhaps?

Tundra, both boys are on EF colts list, with Brandon already scoring a colts game despite being 15....though don't see Keanu Haddow on EF list and noticed he didn't play in any of the under 16s state games....gone off the boil perhaps?
I'm not sure what's happening with Haddow but I wouldn't be too worried as he's always been on par with the Walkers.

I'm not sure what's happening with Haddow but I wouldn't be too worried as he's always been on par with the Walkers.
having a Keanu on our list would be Excellent
Not sure associating with Brad Hill is the key to get drafted at Freo but ties look great...

Loved the comments section:

don't wear ties often but like this one lots

The NGA's will go head to head next Saturday 8th of December at Cockburn Arc. Kick off is at 9.30. The game is the first of 2 or 3 in what will form the basis for squad selections for next years World 18.

Game will be for players born between 2004 & 2005 (13 and 14 year olds).

The NGA's will go head to head next Saturday 8th of December at Cockburn Arc. Kick off is at 9.30. The game is the first of 2 or 3 in what will form the basis for squad selections for next years World 18.

Game will be for players born between 2004 & 2005 (13 and 14 year olds).

Will be two games running concurrently on Victor George Kailis Oval and Legacy Park starting at 9.30am, 2 mixed teams of both the 2004 & 2005 players. Return fixtures v West Coast at Lathlain on Jan 20. Might go have a look ... well I'd better since my boy is having a kick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be two games running concurrently on Victor George Kailis Oval and Legacy Park starting at 9.30am, 2 mixed teams of both the 2004 & 2005 players. Return fixtures v West Coast at Lathlain on Jan 20. Might go have a look ... well I'd better since my boy is having a kick!

Havent been to the new facility before but will see you there :D

I want to refer to him as Hoss Jnr but ever since I've seen Pawn Stars I'm taken to believe the standard would be calling him Big Hoss?

Run run run.

Did anyone get down to see the games on Saturday?
Yes, I was watching the Freo white game out the front and they won easily. I gave up keeping score when it was 12+ goals up. The Freo purple team also won convincingly. Some outstanding individual games but the team work was brilliant from the white team considering the 04&05 squads had limited training time together.

Mzungu coached each of the teams for a half and had Wade Spilker and Dana Hooker helping with the coaching. Return fixture is at Lathlain on Jan 20. The 2004 & 2005 born squads will train for 4-6 weeks in Feb/March with one team selected from both squads to play a curtain raiser at first derby.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anyone get down to see the games on Saturday?
Sorry, I did take some stats too. Best players for the Freo white jumpers were Prince Pommet (2004, Palmyra JFC) pure athleticism, Kurt Sachse (2005, Freo City Dockers JFC) kicking and agility the highlights, Israel Haliyumutu (2004), Amir Cooper? (2004) took some solid marks.

Pommet won a B&F this earlier this year for the Fremantle conference and Sachse won a Stephen Michael medal for B&F in the South Fremantle district.

The Freo NGA talent in these age groups is so far ahead of the Eagles Naitanui Academy it's not funny ....well it kinda is actually.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I won’t detest, your boys gave us a real shellacking. The number 8 and 11 in your side, stood out as top performers.

I’ve had a reasonable amount of exposure to the WCE NGA and a limited amount of exposure to the FD NGA and from my understanding the main points of difference are:
  • WC historically invited anyone and everyone to play in these matches filling their teams with average players where Freo puts the boys through a trial before inviting the players they want. (I’m sure this isn’t always the case with each squad they preduce but I recall this being done)
  • The FD zones at a junior level are more stronger than the WCE zones. Peel, Claremont, WP, S&E Freo > Subi, Perth, EP and Swannies.
Now that Drew Petrie is heading the academy, the attitude at WC seems to be changing as they are taking it a lot more seriously than in the past. He copped a few thrashings late last year and earlier this year so I think they’ve realigned their goals from expanding the game to a wider audience to now focusing on team and player development.

The only time I’ve seen the WCE NGA beat Freo’s is the 05 aged group earlier this year and the 00-01 age group in 2016.

The WCE boys also only had one training session prior to Saturdays game but next year, the amount of training is rising significantly from previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back