Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I served Brendan Fevola ice cream at the now defunct Big Chill Ice Creamery which was opposite TGI Fridays outside the Jam Factory entrance on Chapel St. He ordered Cookies and Cream in a cup.

Also, in 2000, the glass doors cracked and fell on me during closing. Had 35 stitches and two operations around my right eye. I believe there is a Boost Juice there now.
Jesus Christ.

Who orders cookies and cream?

I'm flabbergasted noone has reported Relton Robert's sightings near Maccas....let alone serving the legend himself ???

1092457.gif

Waiting in queue for art exhibition at NGV in July, found myself checking out tall, well built bloke a few metres away (but not in queue). My daughter nudges me, says, "Mum, mum, there's Pav." Looked at his face - and so it was. The queue moved on and I never saw him again.

I once saw Mick McGuane outside the MCG after a Carlton v Collingwood game. I think it was around 2005. I vaguely recall the year as I was still a teenager that was tipping the scales at the time. I noticed him and was contemplating walking up to him for a handshake. I decided against doing so. The poor man’s face looked weathered and second best in a fight against alcohol. I did not think my recognition of him or haking of his hand would’ve improved his day in the slightest.

the hume highway (near wang / glenrowan) around 97-98. I was sitting in the passenger seat as we overtook a white nissan patrol and as i glanced over i locked eyes with tony lockett.

i used to serve beer to dimma hardwick at the boundary hotel in bentleigh east when he was assistant at hawthorn. that would've been around 2007-2008. that was cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulated Gaz while he was with Lauren Phillips shortly after he won the Brownlow. This was at Glen Waverly shopping centre. He smiled and said thanks.

Noticed Bevo at Moorabbin oval watching his son play at the start of 2016. I didn't think it was him because he was so short. Very nice fellow.

Was ordering beers at Stomping Ground earlier this year when Jordan Roughead comes up next to me.

Congratulated Gaz while he was with Lauren Phillips shortly after he won the Brownlow. This was at Glen Waverly shopping centre. He smiled and said thanks.

Noticed Bevo at Moorabbin oval watching his son play at the start of 2016. I didn't think it was him because he was so short. Very nice fellow.

Was ordering beers at Stomping Ground earlier this year when Jordan Roughead comes up next to me.
The Roughead story sounds incomplete somehow, but I guess that could be your way of staying on brief and avoiding anything interesting

Saw Daniel Kerr at a cafe eating a meal, it was around lunch time so people starting coming in. He started looking nervous. Someone G’day and he got his meal and bolted.

Saw Alistair Clarkson in the car beside me on Wellington Rd outside of Waverley. He was driving an Audi A4 or something. He didn’t look over at me. I drove off the line quicker than him and it was all over in a flash. I like to think I got my personal retribution for 2008. I can rest easy now.

Last edited:
Years ago I worked with a Fremantle supporter who would talk about footy.His favourite topic was Shaun McManus and how useless he is and how everything he touches on the footy field turns to s**t.

Part two of the story - while in Bali I saw McManus.He was buying tshirts and shorts.I got him to sign a personal autograph for the Fremantle supporter at work.He wrote "to (supporters name)herd you are a fan Shaun McManus" on a piece of paper.

Part three -put the autograph in a framed picture of McManus and gave it to the supporter.He loved it and probably still has it in his work cubicle or office.The one and only time I've been nice to a Fremantle supporter.

Years ago I worked with a Fremantle supporter who would talk about footy.His favourite topic was Shaun McManus and how useless he is and how everything he touches on the footy field turns to s**t.

Part two of the story - while in Bali I saw McManus.He was buying tshirts and shorts.I got him to sign a personal autograph for the Fremantle supporter at work.He wrote "to (supporters name)herd you are a fan Shaun McManus" on a piece of paper.

Part three -put the autograph in a framed picture of McManus and gave it to the supporter.He loved it and probably still has it in his work cubicle or office.The one and only time I've been nice to a Fremantle supporter.
Mods please delete post.
Not boring enough.

Mods please delete post.
Not boring enough.
Wasn’t entirely interesting though.

You should recommend it go in a moderation queue for analysis.

Herd?

Was in the Emirates lounge in Dubai on the way back from Europe, Fev was there, given the time he was presumably coming back from I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Sitting near me. Loudly complaining on the phone about too many breakfasts being served to him on planes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back