Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Thank you SC for the introduction graphic!
As it states, T20 Australia will certainly be under new management.
Pretty happy with who I have chosen to run the competition though.
I too am pretty happy to announce that magpienato and I will be sharing the position of T20 Australia League Commissioner for the 2018/19 season (haha get it, because we're twins and twins share things).
Under our guidance we hope to bring you all another fantastic and exciting season of T20 goodness!

Bidding thread will be up late-Nov/early-Dec with the comp kicking off roughly late-Dec.
I think this goes without saying but make sure to conceptualise your designs soon :) I'm hoping to avoid having half the bids not submitted, especially given that the design time is significantly less than NAFL or CAN-AM.

Floreat Pica!
Thanks Freight Train ;)

haha get it, because we're twins and twins share things

banana_narrowweb__300x4070_5547.jpg

Found this classic shot of magpienato and caloschwaby planning T20 Australia together

Last edited:

I too am pretty happy to announce that magpienato and I will be sharing the position of T20 Australia League Commissioner for the 2018/19 season (haha get it, because we're twins and twins share things).
Under our guidance we hope to bring you all another fantastic and exciting season of T20 goodness!

Bidding thread will be up late-Nov/early-Dec with the comp kicking off roughly late-Dec.
I think this goes without saying but make sure to conceptualise your designs soon :) I'm hoping to avoid having half the bids not submitted, especially given that the design time is significantly less than NAFL or CAN-AM.

Floreat Pica!
Thanks Freight Train ;)
Congrats guys, looking forward to it!

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Floreat Pica!
Thanks Freight Train ;)
Not gonna lie, pretty peed off with this decision.

First you go off at me for reviving a competition you didn't even own, claiming it was yours.
Then you say I can't run it because I have no experience.
Heck, why not go give it to two guys who have been on this board for less than me! (All while not actually running the damn comp)

At least I'll have made the intro graphic?

I will not be entering this season.

Not gonna lie, pretty peed off with this decision.

First you go off at me for reviving a competition you didn't even own, claiming it was yours.
Then you say I can't run it because I have no experience.
Heck, why not go give it to two guys who have been on this board for less than me! (All while not actually running the damn comp)

At least I'll have made the intro graphic?

I will not be entering this season.

As I said to you via message - you've been inactive for ages and you literally took control of the competition without asking, without anything and contrary to the above - it was my competition. The only reason Lynton was allowed to run it the first season was under the agreement I'd be assisting, and then he bailed the following season after being caught out for ripping people's designs and he skipped town. It's not as if it's been sitting dormant for over a year. As for magpienato and caloschwaby, these two guys have been super active on the board since they rocked up, entered into competitions on a regular basis and have made themselves pretty familiar faces around these parts.

So really I made a good choice in not having you run a competition, given the nice little sad you're chucking because you didn't get your way. Your answer to not running a competition is to just not participate rather than actually try and involve yourself on the board more? Caaaaarn.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Proposal:
Australian National Racing Carnival
upload_2018-11-9_14-39-22.png

I know that the Melbourne Cup was just recently run and won however I am proposing a Horse Racing competition to join the wonderful group of other competitions on the FJGD Board.

Bidders will bid for a horse. They will need to design a Jockey silk for the Horse and a name.

There could be various different ways that this competition can be run however these are the ones that can be used:

OPTION A

There are 4 Different Races/Pools that are run with the winners and runners up qualifying for the Australian Racing Cup. The winner of the Australian Racing Cup will win the Australian Racing National Racing Carnival.

OPTION B

There is 3 Races that horses are entered in. All of the winners win their respective race and that’s how we get a winner

OPTION C

A Knockout format where 3 pools are run and only the winners progress to the following stage.

OPTION D

Each Horse could race each other with polls lasting 1 day to allow a quick tournament. The top 6 horses will then race In the Australian Racing Cup!

Horse Racing lasts all year, so this comp could slot in whenever the time is right!

I do realise that this is a bit confusing however hopefully it is clear and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Proposal:
View attachment 582838

I know that the Melbourne Cup was just recently run and won however I am proposing a Horse Racing competition to join the wonderful group of other competitions on the FJGD Board.

Bidders will bid for a horse. They will need to design a Jockey silk for the Horse and a name.

There could be various different ways that this competition can be run however these are the ones that can be used:

OPTION A

There are 4 Different Races/Pools that are run with the winners and runners up qualifying for the Australian Racing Cup. The winner of the Australian Racing Cup will win the Australian Racing National Racing Carnival.

OPTION B

There is 3 Races that horses are entered in. All of the winners win their respective race and that’s how we get a winner

OPTION C

A Knockout format where 3 pools are run and only the winners progress to the following stage.

OPTION D

Each Horse could race each other with polls lasting 1 day to allow a quick tournament. The top 6 horses will then race In the Australian Racing Cup!

Horse Racing lasts all year, so this comp could slot in whenever the time is right!

I do realise that this is a bit confusing however hopefully it is clear and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Love it. Can we perhaps file this idea until the new year? Three comps before Christmas is going to test everyone as it is.

Proposal:
View attachment 582838

OPTION A

OPTION B

OPTION C

OPTION D

This would be run around next year's Melbourne Cup I think as that's when there is hype around it. Best to save it for the future.

Proposal:
View attachment 582838

OPTION A

OPTION B

OPTION C

OPTION D

Love it. Can we perhaps file this idea until the new year? Three comps before Christmas is going to test everyone as it is.

This would be run around next year's Melbourne Cup I think as that's when there is hype around it. Best to save it for the future.

I was thinking the same thing actually. I'm feeling a little stretched with school, CCRC and the ABA coming up. Once the NAFL begins in October-November the hype of horse racing is building up and the board quietens down with competitions a little, so that would be the perfect time

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I know there are quite a few comps before Christmas so as others have suggested, I think it could run around Melbourne Cup time with the Final being Melbourne Cup day? or we could run it during the Autumn Carnival slot. I'm not too sure if there are many comps around that time.
It would definitly be next year no way this year. It would be too much going on if there was about 4 comps running at the same time.
I was thinking the same thing actually. I'm feeling a little stretched with school, CCRC and the ABA coming up. Once the NAFL begins in October-November the hype of horse racing is building up and the board quietens down with competitions a little, so that would be the perfect time
Fair enough. As I have said to the other replies, yes I agree it wouldn't be happening around this time of year.

What do people think of the name? Do people have any other suggestions for a better name? We have plenty of time to plan it anyway.

What do people think of the name? Do people have any other suggestions for a better name? We have plenty of time to plan it anyway.

Don't mind the name actually - acronym would be 'ARNC'. Maybe switch 'National' and 'Australian' so it's in line with the NAFL and the acronym can be a word - 'NARC'

What's everyone's thoughts on a Gridiron design competition? Thought I'd float this given we're closing in on the NFL/College playoffs.
NFL jerseys are mainly pretty bland, basic colour with minimal design on it. Could be interesting to see what they would look like with an actual design.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
What's everyone's thoughts on a Gridiron design competition? Thought I'd float this given we're closing in on the NFL/College playoffs.

I'll probably enter, but maybe hold off for a few weeks though until CCRC and ABA entries are in to avoid comp crowding. If you can get the design phase happening during the playoffs in January it would probably be perfect timing.

NFL jerseys are mainly pretty bland, basic colour with minimal design on it. Could be interesting to see what they would look like with an actual design.
Yeah you're definitely right with that haha
Perhaps we could go in the direction of college uniforms that tend to have more identity and personality?

I'll probably enter, but maybe hold off for a few weeks though until CCRC and ABA entries are in to avoid comp crowding. If you can get the design phase happening during the playoffs in January it would probably be perfect timing.
Yeah was thinking of having the design phase over January as well, though I wouldn't want it to conflict with FIRA or the other footy comps we usually have over summer.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
Yeah you're definitely right with that haha
Perhaps we could go in the direction of college uniforms that tend to have more identity and personality?

Yeah was thinking of having the design phase over January as well, though I wouldn't want it to conflict with FIRA or the other footy comps we usually have over summer.

I'm liking the idea of a college gridiron comp! With Australian Universities maybe......?

The only problem I see is that there’s no real... “design” to gridiron uniforms, end of the day it’s just a block colour scheme with a number on the front.

Only real design is the helmet.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
The only problem I see is that there’s no real... “design” to gridiron uniforms, end of the day it’s just a block colour scheme with a number on the front.

True for the most part, a couple of exceptions every now and then (Oregon Ducks with their winged uniforms), could we break from tradition though? Or is that generally frowned up in these comps?

I guess getting or making a decent helmet template could be a pain too.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

I think this is fairly short sighted. There's as much to work with as there is for a basketball uniform IMO.

In any case, these constraints apply to everyone equally.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are definitely more traditional designs and striping patterns for gridiron uniforms, but as per the Australian Rules comps on here, striking that balance between something interesting and something that still looks like a gridiron uniform would be the key.

If you enforced a strict no stolen artwork policy, it gives people even more room to work with to show off their skills.

FWIW I am all for a gridiron comp. If people are interested, then make it happen. I’d be willing to give it a crack.

FWIW I am all for a gridiron comp. If people are interested, then make it happen. I’d be willing to give it a crack.
I was thinking of calling it AGL for Australian Gridiron League or something else.
Anyways if you're interested in a gridiron design competition, like this post and if we get the go ahead we'll see when we can fit it in :)

Last edited:
Back