Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Copy & paste please

“Matthew Parker, better known by his stage name Eazy-P, was an Australian rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur. Dubbed the "Godfather of Gangsta Rap", he gained extreme notoriety for his work with N.W.A, where he has been credited for pushing the boundaries of lyrical and visual content in mainstream popular music.”

“Matthew Parker, better known by his stage name Eazy-P, was an Australian rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur. Dubbed the "Godfather of Gangsta Rap", he gained extreme notoriety for his work with N.W.A, where he has been credited for pushing the boundaries of lyrical and visual content in mainstream popular music.”
Noice.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Does his past matter?

We all have skeletons.

He genuinely seemed thrilled and overwhelmed to be given a chance.
The kid has a baby and a partner, took ownership of his past indiscretions and blamed nobody but himself.

While the past can indicate future behaviour on occasions, this lad has made no secret of that past and seems an honest kid.

Proof is action not words, but he has the opportunity and will be well looked after by Budge and the club.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does his past matter?

We all have skeletons.

The kid has a baby and a partner, took ownership of his past indiscretions and blamed nobody but himself.

While the past can indicate future behaviour on occasions, this lad has made no secret of that past and seems an honest kid.

Proof is action not words, but he has the opportunity and will be well looked after by Budge and the club.

As the song goes - There but for fortune would go you or I

He has seemingly taken the first opportunity life has given him. Hopefully he doesn’t look back, he certainly sounds like he’ll try his best not to - all you can ask. I’m sure the club will support him and his family as much as we can

boulders

Senior List
Mar 12, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Barely any content up on our website or social media about our new draftees, besides the initial highlights videos and interview with King.

So many other clubs have images, videos and interviews of their rookies, some even have their new numbers?

Cmon St Kilda... give us something!

Barely any content up on our website or social media about our new draftees, besides the initial highlights videos and interview with King.

So many other clubs have images, videos and interviews of their rookies, some even have their new numbers?

It’s pathetic.

Was better 4 years ago.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

I was thinking the same thing. Very disappointing. I’d love to see an interview with Parker as well as the others.

Does his past matter?

We all have skeletons.

This.
Sounded extremely emotional and grateful to the club.

690E8F01-0ABB-43E0-82A6-1C914F58195B.jpeg

GC not taking any chances. Really putting the pressure on before a ball is kicked in anger. Hope Bing holds out.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
Having watched Webster, Gilbert, Savage and Geary trying to bring the ball out of defence in recent times, don't think my lifespan can be reduced any further. Loved Frankie, often saw him at the footy when I went to the docklands and wanted to tell him that, but didn't seem like a cool thing to do.

It's funny how people remember past players. I always had him as being very reliable in fact I used to call him the postman as he always delivered. There was one famous incident where he got caught from behind flat footed (towards the end of his career) but in general I found him to be very safe.

I'm referring to early in his career when he would have massive brain fades on a regular basis! Got better as the years went on and was reliable at the end. But in the early days, oh boy.

I just hope Ben still gives these next two years a red hot go, he looks so blank like he is almost grieving at the moment. He'll be home, I just hope he doesn't go backwards inbetween

I doubt he would. Probably be more motivated to get back.

maanco

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Draft Cost of Robbie Young

From Norths Twitter:
We've traded the future third round pick we received from St Kilda to the Western Bulldogs, and received pick 46.

Norths Net Result
North run away with some value by trading with the Saints and Bulldogs:
Pick 61 ---> Pick 46

Saints Net Result
After 3 trades the Saints ended up with a net result of:
Pick 75 + Future 3rd rd pick (StK) ---> Pick 67 + Future 4th round pick (GC or GWS?)

Its possible the Lethalan ect. were playing some mind games with other clubs, and/or may have missed who we were after with pick 61.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Draft Cost of Robbie Young

From Norths Twitter:
We've traded the future third round pick we received from St Kilda to the Western Bulldogs, and received pick 46.

Norths Net Result
North run away with some value by trading with the Saints and Bulldogs:
Pick 61 ---> Pick 46

Saints Net Result
After 3 trades the Saints ended up with a net result of:
Pick 75 + Future 3rd rd pick (StK) ---> Pick 67 + Future 4th round pick (GC or GWS?)

Its possible the Lethalan ect. were playing some mind games with other clubs, and/or may have missed who we were after with pick 61.
Just going from his interview, I think Satan places less value on these picks than the certainty of getting the targeted player.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
"Sydney had pick 25 and the Suns had pick 27.

"Gold Coast rung my manager to ask if the Swans were keen and he said they were, so that's when they made the deal to move up. That's how it got done."

I think the above from Jez Mclennen is good response to those posters (I can't be bothered finding the posts) who didn't think we'd have got intel on teams picks when we traded to pick up Young...

Back