2018/19 La Liga Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to think Busquets value to the team might be dwindling. His importance to the midfield trio became clear after Xavi left as Rakitic was a more forward operating mid with Iniesta operating as the drifting AML. But with Arthur replacing Iniesta in the midfield, who plays a DLP more like Xavi, it negates Busquets role as the anchor and prime distributor. His ordinary form also not helping although his height at defending set pieces remains important.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Courtois is having a nightmare season

I listen to a handful of podcasts. Not sure but I think it was on EPSN FC they were saying he was their best player as it could've been 6-0, and after having seen the highlights, 7-2 or something would've been a fair score. Saying he was their best player was probably to make the point how bad Real were.

chef said:
I didnt watch the game but hes copping some of the heat

... from a few twitter warriors. The first goal he makes a save but then an Eibar player is quicker on the ball than the Real defender, the 2nd goal is a guy completely unmarked in the box who puts it in via the inside of the post, and the 3rd goal was bad defending by 2 defenders leaving him with no chance. He was not at fault for any of the goals. I don't know how people blame him for that.

Same story last week in Switzerland. Belgium were awful and he was not at fault for any of the goals. Nobody in Belgium even mentioned him after the game.

I'm not saying he has a good season or anything but some of the criticism he cops is just stupid. Of course the Belgian who used to play for Atletico will get the blame from some of the Real fans, especially from those who like Navas and those who wanted De Gea in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ZZ likes Navas. Will be interesting to see what he does with Teebo.
I feel like the RM fans prefer Navas as well. Hopefully Zidane keeps Courtois on the bench. A nice clean sheet from Navas is a great start :cool:

Messi with a hat trick. 29 goals, 12 assists now in La Liga. That last goal was stunning. Received a standing ovation from the Betis home crowd.

I was really hoping that La Coruna would win promotion back to the top flight on the first attempt, and after sitting second in early February it looked like a real possibility, but sine them we have won only one of our last nine and are now just sitting inside the playoff spots.

The world's greatest yo-yo team, won't be yo-yoing back up this season.:(

Benzema has scored Real's last 8 goals. He's got 30 in 50 appearances so far this season, up from 17 last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back