2018 Australia vs India - 3rd T20I @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

98% of this billion people would not be able to afford the cost of travel to Australia. A good portion would be permanent residents residing seemingly in sydney. The salient point here is this is pretty much a home match for india.

You aren't wrong about the affordability, but you're still missing the point. The 2% of that billion that can afford it, is a heck of a lot of people.

India is more like the EU, a sub-continent. With the diversity that exceeds the EU. Gotta be careful about generalizing...

What are we learning from the BBL? Ratings spiked. That's great. But the national team hasn't improved one iota. Now, there's the whole question of the worth of international T20s, but forgetting that, BBL appears to be a local money-spinner but not much else.

The players play so dumb. Chris Lynn looks a case in point. D'Arcy Short likewise - his dismissal tonight was completely amateur. Against local state/grade players they're dynamic, but against world class players they're found wanting.
Ponting said in his book that learning not to value your wicket was a big change that T20 bought in, which goes against everything you've ever learned about cricket and I wonder if that's starting to filter through to other forms of the game.

Ponting said in his book that learning not to value your wicket was a big change that T20 bought in, which goes against everything you've ever learned about cricket and I wonder if that's starting to filter through to other forms of the game.
You managed to get through his 700+ page tome?

Love the Indian crowd going ******* they are probably going to save CA from bankruptcy this summer.

Good to have India here while our team is in a state of transition.

Australia are everyones grand final atm,you tube,when Australia loses in any sport,everyone flocks to the comments section to slag us off.:D

Was it Maxwell last night who said the main thing was they have fun?

Get ****ed.

I honestly believe a lot of our T20 problems are coaching related.

Warney and Gilly hit the nail on the head when discussing the stupidity of our batsmen, and the fact they nobody seems to be directing them or disciplining them for stupid cricket - we smile and wave it away as ‘playing our natural game’ - which is total bullshit. Even Khawaja had the audacity to tell Gilly and Symonds they don’t understand modern cricket - get *dd.

Last night a perfect example - we lost at least 5 wickets to poor sweep shots. McDermott comes out and plays one first ball - is he even watching the game?

Then, the desperation and desire to win doesn’t appear to be there at T20 level - it actually looks like the Big Bash is more meaningful.

Also picking the wrong team doesn't help. Lets look at the side for a second.

1. Finch- poor series but he's a gun in t20's, got a good one game 2, happens.
2. Short- not convinced one single bit and he's had chance upon chance here
3- Lynn- we should at least give him an extended go, but we need more than 20 off 10. Wasn't helped by Stonis burning him last night.
4. Maxwell- In the side, if anything should bat at 3.
5. Stonis- I'm far from convinced. Batting is hit and miss and his bowling is good for no better than 1 game in 4.
6. McDermott- Laughable selection, what form have we picked the bloke on exactly.
7. Carey- In the side but again needs to work on his ability against spin, sweeping every ball doesn't work.
8. NCN- No thanks, he's a better bat than bowler. Ideally Cummins or Pattinson replaces him.
9. Zampa- By default he's in we need a spinner. Had a great series though to be fair.
10- Tye- no, has been found out over and over again.
11-Starc- A certainty.

Changes

Out: Short, McDermott, Stonis, NCN, Tye

In:

SMarsh- He's a great T20 opener, rather him than Short
Ashton Turner- Worth a go, has the form on the board
Marsh- I bag him in test matches, but he's a gun in t20's.
Green/Agar- we need a second spinner badly. You need two in a t20.
Pattinson or Cummins- Either one will do.

Also picking the wrong team doesn't help. Lets look at the side for a second.

1. Finch- poor series but he's a gun in t20's, got a good one game 2, happens.
2. Short- not convinced one single bit and he's had chance upon chance here
3- Lynn- we should at least give him an extended go, but we need more than 20 off 10. Wasn't helped by Stonis burning him last night.
4. Maxwell- In the side, if anything should bat at 3.
5. Stonis- I'm far from convinced. Batting is hit and miss and his bowling is good for no better than 1 game in 4.
6. McDermott- Laughable selection, what form have we picked the bloke on exactly.
7. Carey- In the side but again needs to work on his ability against spin, sweeping every ball doesn't work.
8. NCN- No thanks, he's a better bat than bowler. Ideally Cummins or Pattinson replaces him.
9. Zampa- By default he's in we need a spinner. Had a great series though to be fair.
10- Tye- no, has been found out over and over again.
11-Starc- A certainty.

Changes

Out: Short, McDermott, Stonis, NCN, Tye

In:

SMarsh- He's a great T20 opener, rather him than Short
Ashton Turner- Worth a go, has the form on the board
Marsh- I bag him in test matches, but he's a gun in t20's.
Green/Agar- we need a second spinner badly. You need two in a t20.
Pattinson or Cummins- Either one will do.
I cannot stress enough how bad a white ball bowler James Pattinson is. He gets pumped on the regular.

Cummins bowls too short.

We should be playing two spinners like pretty much every other team in the world. Agar + Zampa. Not that i'm convinced about Zampa at all.

The spinners I agree with two spinners are a minimum.

I just feel we need someone that isn’t Tye. Happy for Cummins or anyone really. Tremain possibly.

The Chris Tremain who could barely get a game for the Renegades last year?

Don’t care who it is- just not Tye. The amount of times that blokes pies gets smashed..I’d be happy with a few. Stanlake could easily play as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you think Agar is a better spinner than Zampa? Lol

no but he can contribute with the bat where Zampa is basically a walking wicket at the top level.

different roles, Agar just provides a much better all round option than say, Stonis. Our quicks seem to get taken to quite regularly. He plays as 2nd spinner.

Zampa obviously plays as no.1 spinner i'm just saying i'm not totally sold on him.

no but he can contribute with the bat where Zampa is basically a walking wicket at the top level.

different roles, Agar just provides a much better all round option than say, Stonis. Our quicks seem to get taken to quite regularly. He plays as 2nd spinner.

Zampa obviously plays as no.1 spinner i'm just saying i'm not totally sold on him.

Zampa averages 11, Agar 13 with the bat...

I’ve never understood how anyone can look at Zampa record and say I’m not convinced, he is Australia’s no1 T20 spinner by a mile and half the reason they keep losing is they can’t stay consistent and keep dropping him!

I’d rather keep Maxwell as the second spinner and pick a batsman instead of Agar

3 quicks, Maxwell, Zampa and Stoinis/Marsh is the best attack

I'd rather have 2 spinner plus Maxwell personally. teams with more than 1 spinner are more successful. I'd like a leg spinners as the 2nd spinner but that probably isn't realistic.

Kohli has similarities to Tendulkar too technique wise and the fact he can score hundreds on the fast bouncy test pitches here when many other Indian batsmen don't have the technique or mental strength to cope. He's a different character to Tendulkar though being more arrogant, mouthy and in your face although he has toned that down from when he first started playing here. Even when he was a mouthy flog in his younger days I didn't mind him as at least he could back it up with the bat and he's a fierce competitor which you can't help but respect.

His actual batsmanship is very Tendulkar like but he also seems to make more meaningful runs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back