Racing November Daily Punt - Cups and more Cups

Remove this Banner Ad

Butcherings probably end up being worse than they look as Peters seems to love his to be ridden as far back as possible.

If he had same winning record but they were all ridden like Gai's he wouldn't cop half as much criticism IMHO.

I'd prefer that, at least he couldn't be accused of not getting the thing into the race.

horse, weight below WFA, career highlights, weight above hcp rating.

MATERIAL MAN , 2 - 2 G1 Placed, 1G2 Win, 3 G3 wins, 3 LR wins - 0
GREAT SHOT, 3.5 - G1 win, 3LR win - 0
GALAXY STAR , 4 - 1 LR win - 3kg
MAN BOOKER, 4 - G2 win, G3 win, 4 LR win -0
PERFECT JEWEL, 4 - G2 win, LR win - 9.5kg
GATTING, 5 - 2 G2 win, 2 LR win - 0
PRIZED ICON , 5 - 2 G1 win,4 G1 Placed LR win - 0

equal 3rd top against WFA, 1 black type success. at time of weighting was the exact same weight having never won a stakes race.

#thrownin

horse, weight below WFA, career highlights, weight above hcp rating.

MATERIAL MAN , 2 - 2 G1 Placed, 1G2 Win, 3 G3 wins, 3 LR wins - 0
GREAT SHOT, 3.5 - G1 win, 3LR win - 0
GALAXY STAR , 4 - 1 LR win - 3kg
MAN BOOKER, 4 - G2 win, G3 win, 4 LR win -0
PERFECT JEWEL, 4 - G2 win, LR win - 9.5kg
GATTING, 5 - 2 G2 win, 2 LR win - 0
PRIZED ICON , 5 - 2 G1 win,4 G1 Placed LR win - 0

equal 3rd top against WFA, 1 black type success. at time of weighting was the exact same weight having never won a stakes race.

#thrownin

As I've said 3 or 4 times - you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word hindsight.

i am making a big call about GS, putting myself out there. that's got nothing to do with anything else i said. Maybe you should learn to comprehend whats written

Shall we have a side bet on her performances if she comes out East?

As I've said 3 or 4 times - you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word hindsight.
so what your argument is, GS should have started at 5 to 1 or better in the Railway, but won because she was thrown in "in hindsight", even though she was weighted as per she should have been as per her form.
So in hindsight she should have been a longer price but weighted more, therefore she should have been a shorter price. And you say I make no sense.

so what your argument is, GS should have started at 5 to 1 or better in the Railway, but won because she was thrown in "in hindsight", even though she was weighted as per she should have been as per her form.
So in hindsight she should have been a longer price but weighted more, therefore she should have been a shorter price. And you say I make no sense.

The key there is that in hindsight she shouldn't have started 5 to 1. That may help you with the next series of logical steps.

well it depends on what she races in. If she starts at 10/1 on the tote why would i bet with you

#soft - you can even name the terms. If you think she is such a superstar it shouldn't matter she races in as 'she will win everything she contests'.

just say it, in hindsight she was an out and out moral and should have been odds on even though it was a handicap

Not odds on - her price fully reflected her rating if she went to a new peak which she did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almond Eye gping to the Arc
at least she knows what a challenge is.
BTW 2.20 for 2400 m is insane. she ran 1,34 for 1600 off a standing start. I know that track is fast, but i cannot see that record beaten ever

8-9 seconds faster than Enable's last two Arc's. Wowee.

Was a huge win but the times they run over there are always redic. For one there times are taken from a rolling start and they are always run on absolute concrete.

Times are no guide in Europe as their tracks are a lot softer and pretty much every track has some sort of undulation in it.

Boom Time's CC win was faster than both of Enable's Arc wins for example...yay!

what does 'rolling start' mean.

Also you'd need to question the opposition she was against with none of the key 3yo males fronting up

what does 'rolling start' mean.

Also you'd need to question the opposition she was against with none of the key 3yo males fronting up

It's not recorded from the opening of the gates. They run some distance before they start the clock - not sure how far.

Agree it looked a really weak edition but she couldn't have won any more impressively. Whether she can reproduce that in a wet October in Paris I have my doubts but hopefully we get to see.

It's not recorded from the opening of the gates. They run some distance before they start the clock - not sure how far.

Agree it looked a really weak edition but she couldn't have won any more impressively. Whether she can reproduce that in a wet October in Paris I have my doubts but hopefully we get to see.

Thanks

It was impressive win, particularly when you consider she's by a speed stallion. Was being mischievous re the lack of opposition comment. It's exciting for racing to have so much talent in so many parts of the world.

i dont know where you got this idea from

seems like they time it normally.
But agree that the tracks are faster like they should be in Australia

vince accardi declared GS as second best mare to Winx. Cox Plate horse.

Perfect Reflection board.

Seriously though last year second highest rated mare was Bonneval so there is not much competition and he is probably right.

Cox Plate is a world away though - she might have finished 4th this year.

Perfect Reflection board.

Seriously though last year second highest rated mare was Bonneval so there is not much competition and he is probably right.

Cox Plate is a world away though - she might have finished 4th this year.

perfect reflection was a 3 year old that didn't improve on her spring form at an older age. fail to see the relevance unless we are naming underperforming WA horses in the east. arcadia queen is much better comparison for PR

also FWIW vince is a moron and his ratings are abhorrent. it pained me to listen to it as i was told he made some stupid calls.

i have only done provisional ratings but gave GS 92 a 1L improvement which at WFA puts her about 2L behind the actual WFA horses. ie beaten 2-3 in a caulfield stakes. sort of around cliffsofmoher.

i don't think she improves too much over the 2000, might even be an 1800m horse and thats about it but thats an unknown.

Arcadia Queen, will likely win the KT with the wfa weight allowance. have her about 1L better at the weights but obviously if no improvement comes as an older mares she's probably going to be very competitive in high class mares G1's without being a winning threat in open G1's. Although trap for fools won a mackinnon so i don't know what to believe anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back