Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Menzel's on the track and looking like he at least knew the cameras were on him

46983746_10155427966541324_5436192926055006208_n.jpg

46820706_10155427966546324_7409317712339402752_n.jpg

Sydney Swans- 2019 Premiers, it starts here.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. I walked past training this morning, a couple of observations.
- The only draftee training with the main group was Blakey. Not surprising as it was the first day at the club for the rest, who were kicking balls to each other, Longmire taking time to individually chat with each of them. The only one I didn't spot/recognise was Durak Tucker (might be on the red eye from Perth).
- Rose, Smith, Cameron, Sinclair and Hayward (who looked to have put on a bit of upper body size) were running laps and not training with the main group.
- Ronke and Rampe leading the running and sprinting drills.
- Ling seemed to be off with a small group with Armarty, while Stoddard was with the main group and looking sharp in the skill drill. Clarke also putting in a big effort.
- Understandably the new recruits looked physically smaller than even the second year players. Rowbottom (I think it was him) a little bigger.
-- The recruits were taken off individually to do interviews so hopefully a little move coverage in that respect this year.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. I walked past training this morning, a couple of observations.
- The only draftee training with the main group was Blakey. Not surprising as it was the first day at the club for the rest, who were kicking balls to each other, Longmire taking time to individually chat with each of them. The only one I didn't spot/recognise was Durak Tucker (might be on the red eye from Perth).
- Rose, Smith, Cameron, Sinclair and Hayward (who looked to have put on a bit of upper body size) were running laps and not training with the main group.
- Ling seemed to be off with a small group with Armarty, while Stoddard was with the main group and looking sharp in the skill drill. Clarke also putting in a big effort.
- Understandably the new recruits looked physically smaller than even the second year players. Rowbottom (I think it was him) a little bigger.
-- The recruits were taken off individually to do interviews so hopefully a little move coverage in that respect this year.

Mate now I'm expecting 4 months of this from you

Watching Dan's interview he seems a lot more switched on that I thought he would be. Pretty happy to have him at the swans because worst case scenario, he doesn't play much due to injury but I think there is a lot he can teach the younger guys. A real coach in waiting imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have news on Ling? How is his toe? Is he running hard yet?

I heard some really good things about him even though he was injured most of last year. Will he be best 22?

SydneySwans insta story has a rare video of a Sam Reid sprinting with the main group.
I keep hearing a voice over from David Attenborough marvelling at this rare sight and telling us all how lucky we are to observe such a unique ritual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back