AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wait list number is 15890 for AFL member. Last year our number was 16675! Think it's going to be another 15 years at this rate!

My wait list number is 15890 for AFL member. Last year our number was 16675! Think it's going to be another 15 years at this rate!
That's insane. At 15,000+ you'd expect the churn to be significant and that you'd drop at least 1,500 (or more) a year like you used to. The AFL need to release a statement explaining what the * is going on because something stinks

That's insane. At 15,000+ you'd expect the churn to be significant and that you'd drop at least 1,500 (or more) a year like you used to. The AFL need to release a statement explaining what the **** is going on because something stinks
Yeah I know... And this will be my 4th year. When I called them last year they said we will be gold by 7/8 years, which I got my doubts .

I joined at the start of 2012, AFL said it would take 7-10 years.

Seven years later my waitlist number is 8450.

I joined in 2015 and the last time I got an update of my number was October 2017 - which was 15,112. Would love to know if anyone else joined in 2015 and what their number is.

Mine is moving very slow.

Unless they increase the intake, you're probably looking at 20+ years...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got my letter and card in the mail today.

Letter & card today also, nothing in email. Last year got the email with the wait list number, looks like they didn’t want to rub it in our faces out of embarrassment.

Looking at the last few posts, if you were 16000 on wait list you improved by 1000, if you are about 9000 on the list you improved by 475 and if you were 4500 you improved by 280.
Wouldn’t be surprised if uptake or full members was 200 or less and the rest are just queue drop offs.

So id say at 8400 on the list equates 17-20 year wait. Great.

If someone “deactivates” and then “reactivates” their membership, do they slot back in to their original spot (like gold) and bump everyone up on the waitlist?

Might be that plenty of Collingwood supporters have reactivated their gold memberships? Could explain the slow movement if they are just resuming gold again.

I joined in 2015 and the last time I got an update of my number was October 2017 - which was 15,112. Would love to know if anyone else joined in 2015 and what their number is.

Mine is moving very slow.
Just got my new membership in the mail coincidentally.

October 2017 = 15,112
November 2018 = 14,294

That's 17 more years going by the current rate

Just got my new membership in the mail coincidentally.

October 2017 = 15,112
November 2018 = 14,294

That's 17 more years going by the current rate
More. The closer you get the slower the rate as you have less dropoffs ahead of you.

If someone “deactivates” and then “reactivates” their membership, do they slot back in to their original spot (like gold) and bump everyone up on the waitlist?

Might be that plenty of Collingwood supporters have reactivated their gold memberships? Could explain the slow movement if they are just resuming gold again.

Doubtful (at least for the most part) unless a whole bunch of Collingwood supporters predicted a rise from 13th to a grand final. Pies membership dropped slightly after the bucks contract extension announcement late 2017. These numbers come from the half way point in the season when they no longer take 2018 memberships.
Another poster mentioned they were informed by the AFL that a lot of Essendon afl members reinstated their memberships from absentee which makes a lot more sense.
That and every man and their dog finally figured out afl membership represents the best value particularly after the introduction of the category 1-7 pricing system for the MCG.

Edit - not to mention MCC uptake has most likely slowed to a halt after they had a big uptake around 07-12 and finally slowed down to a crawl. I’m tipping there are plenty of AFL members on the MCC list.

Last edited:

19.8. Absentee Members
An Absentee Membership allows you to place your Membership on hold for a season (or multiple seasons if the annual fee for Absentee Membership is maintained) and allows you to return to the same Membership status and number when your circumstances change.

Looks like you do return to the same waitlist number. However, the slowing down of the waitlist was reported and the end of the last year, and in the middle of the season this year. Collingwood may have been a factor in the slowdown, but I think there are other factors in play here, such as reducing the size of full membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back