Toast Welcome to the Kennel Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Like i said, from nowhere
Absolutely from nowhere. Barring his size he was certainly never a standout as a younger footballer or one you’d think could be anymore than what he was.

Not much of a bloke but it’s a remarkable story of what he achieved.

Can't rely too much on the North Adelaide Football Club website which lists his birth date as 02/02/93 - a very mature recruit indeed! Sweet nominates his favourite holiday destination as "bed" - let's hope he can get out of it to find his way to the kennel.

http://footyprophet.com/class-2016-midfielders-utilities-rucks/

Jordan Sweet
Height: 203cms, Weight: 105kg, DOB: 2/2/1998
Recruited From: North Adelaide
Position: Ruckman

Famous for a 67 hit-out game against Norwood in the SANFL Colts last year, to go along with 18 disposals, five marks and four clearances as a 16-year-old. Jordan Sweet – an AFL Academy product stands at 203cms and is impressively mobile to boot. The athletic ruckman dominates at the hitouts, and finds above-average possessions, but has only done so in the Under 18s. The next step for Sweet is to really add versatility to his game. He can pinch-hit up forward, but he hasn’t dominated games as a forward. That’s part of his development that needs working on. The challenge will be for Sweet to get some runs on the board at league, with his form last year earning him three reserves games, one of which he was in the best. It’ll go a long way to increasing his draft credentials.
Just a ruck we can develop will be ok. We are OK after this season with back up for Paddy wouldn't trade for one.

Quoted from another thread.

The post is dated 15-06-2016.

Just for the people that have seen more of him, is he developed enough now to play any AFL footy next year? He’ll turn 21 before the season and looks to have a decent enough frame, but I just don’t know what his tank/maturity level is.

For all I know he could be the type that could really prosper off an AFL pre season and come from nowhere.

He was promoted from the reserves to the seniors late in the season and played in all of the Roosters' finals including the GF. His highlights appear to be as good as any 20 year old afl standard ruck prospect. So, add work ethic, motivation and good coaching to potential and who knows, we could have a player.

Sounds like the perfect modern rickman. Tall, mobile but still big bodied and throws his weight around. His taps look really really good and even his foot skills look good for a ruck. What's his marking like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the perfect modern rickman. Tall, mobile but still big bodied and throws his weight around. His taps look really really good and even his foot skills look good for a ruck. What's his marking like?
Not only does he look to have good eyes for a deft tap, looks like he's also happy to attempt something I haven't seen used repeatedly (and effectively) since the big Minno graced us with his presence - the "when in doubt, spike it 30m forward". Together with his willingness to maul the occasional mid, he's definitely got the right mindset, as you say. If he can get his fitness up, look out AFL! I was wondering about his marking and kicking for goal as well, some research is required...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back