F1 Championship - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

Fernando Alonso : My dad was not a racing driver.
Haha I missed that bit. His comment when his engineer asked him to push for a final championship point one last time was pretty gold “I already have 1800 points”

Why do you lot all have to support him?
Because he is the most likeable guy on the grid, Lewis prays to god every 2 minutes and Seb is.just Seb. Max needs no introduction, he is.an a grade dickhead. Bottas just doesn't do anything and Kimi I like but his time like Fernando is done.

One bonus about Ricciardo at Renault next year is that we shouldn't get ridiculous posts like this every race weekend.
He went from taking 6 seconds off max in 2 laps to losing ground on him, how else do you explain it no one else struggled to get within 2 seconds of the car in front.

He went from taking 6 seconds off max in 2 laps to losing ground on him, how else do you explain it no one else struggled to get within 2 seconds of the car in front.

Well duh, only way to explain it, is that RBR are wasting millions of dollars to purposely sabotage their own drivers. Didn't you know, there is a giant RBR conspiracy against Australian drivers to prevent them from succeeding in the sport.

At least RIC can now look forward to being able to race around freely for 7th-10th position without interference from his own employer.

/s

Well duh, only way to explain it, is that RBR are wasting millions of dollars to purposely sabotage their own drivers. Didn't you know, there is a giant RBR conspiracy against Australian drivers to prevent them from succeeding in the sport.

At least RIC can now look forward to being able to race around freely for 7th-10th position without interference from his own employer.

/s
And getting a s**t load more money for it, let’s face it RB ain’t challenging Ferrari or Mercedes in the near future regardless , so moving to Renault was a great deal for him Max ain’t winning a championship at RB.

/s
Max 3rd Dan 4th vs Dan 3rd Max 4th is sabotage these days is it? Dan has never had any issues for the first 4.5 years, only one thing changed in the last 6 months.

Dan will sit and wait for a couple of years and hope that come 2020 when Lewis throws in the towel he can get a gig at Mercedes or Renault find that performance advantage they had in the V8 era, next 2 world titles are a fight between Lewis and Seb again.

Haha I missed that bit. His comment when his engineer asked him to push for a final championship point one last time was pretty gold “I already have 1800 points”

I thought that was disgraceful.
Be glad to tune in next year and not have to put up with his petulance.

Crackin driver but

Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you think RBR are turning his engine down from the pit lane without him noticing ?
I'm no engineer, but I'm pretty sure that they can't do that type of thing from the pit lane (otherwise how tempting would it be to hack an F1 car).

The drivers select their engine modes from the steering wheel, and are told which ones they can afford to use based on the data from race engineers ?

Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you think RBR are turning his engine down from the pit lane without him noticing ?
I'm no engineer, but I'm pretty sure that they can't do that type of thing from the pit lane (otherwise how tempting would it be to hack an F1 car).

The drivers select their engine modes from the steering wheel, and are told which ones they can afford to use based on the data from race engineers ?
There already exists a way to hack into the cars, the computers on the pit wall are constantly fed data from the cars.

Dan has consistently said he wishes to part on good terms with the team, perhaps in view that more long term Ferrari or Mercedes poaching Max may mean a return to red bull is his best f1 title shot before retirement. Whatever the case may be he was going to catch Hamilton with 5-10 laps to go until he got 2 seconds off Max and that is where he stayed, even when max lost 10 seconds over 2/3 laps at the end because he couldn't see Dan drifted further back.

Opening his mouth now pretty much locks out any future drive for red bull and probably makes the top 2 teams hesitant to ever put him on beside Hamilton or Vettel. Some of you guys on here are a bit like cycling fans believing none of the riders dope when they pretty much all do, don't want to hear anything that ruins the integrity of something you enjoy.

There already exists a way to hack into the cars, the computers on the pit wall are constantly fed data from the cars.
https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Electrical_systems.html
Pit to car telemetry is prohibited.
All software must be registered with the FIA, who check all the programmable systems on the cars prior to each event to ensure that the correct software versions are being used.

The rules say otherwise. Or does this grand conspiracy that seems to conveniently pop up when Daniel is beaten by Max go beyond the FIA Rules that are enforced at every race weekend ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Electrical_systems.html

The rules say otherwise. Or does this grand conspiracy that seems to conveniently pop up when Daniel is beaten by Max go beyond the FIA Rules that are enforced at every race weekend ?
Pit to car is prohibited according to the rules not the other way around, all data is transmitted back to the pits from the car I don't even know why you are arguing that point when every race weekend we hear an engineer talk about tyre pressures or yelling out stop stop stop p2 fail.

Dan hasn't actually finished a race since signing for Renault to be able to be beaten by Max on track but as I said before Dan wanted to leave on good terms which is the only logical reason why the race finished the way it did, unless you can offer up a explanation why Daniel suddenly lost 3 seconds of pace and allowed Max to lose 10 seconds without overtaking him in the final laps with oil blocking his vision.

If pit to car telemetry is soo rampant, why do the drivers still need complicated steering wheels with over 100 different engine modes. You see thats the difficulty with believing conspiracy theories, you have to take some pretty large leaps in logic to continue to justify them.
What about when Seb broke his front wing and they gave him Mark's, was that a conspiracy as well?

Pit to car is prohibited according to the rules not the other way around, all data is transmitted back to the pits from the car I don't even know why you are arguing that point when every race weekend we hear an engineer talk about tyre pressures or yelling out stop stop stop p2 fail.
You are saying that Red Bull have the power to turn down Daniel's engine remotely from the Pits. I'm telling you thats nonsense

What about when Seb broke his front wing and they gave him Mark's, was that a conspiracy as well?
Favouritism over parts and upgrades is completely different to what you are suggesting. He’s leaving... why on earth would they then go and sabotage his remaining races? When they both had similar reliability, Dan proved he is the more consistent driver come race day. Purposely engineering a heap of DNFs for Dan to end the season doesn’t make people perceive Max is a superior driver for Red Bull, surely.

As for leaving RBR on a good note, in the off chance he may race for them again one day, do you really think he would want to go back if he believed they were regularly sabotaging his car? Do you think sponsors would be happy if that were true? There’s a fair few people in a team that would be aware if something like this was going on. Do you think they could keep them all quiet?

With regards to last weekends race and his lap times post pit stop. Have a look here: ergast.com for actual lap times.
After the pitstop you can see Max’s lap times are actually slower, and while Dan is on fresh tyres he closes the gap. Dan most logically hits some traffic or makes a mistake whilst Max improves his times back to roughly what they were pre Dans stop. You can then see once Dans tyres start to come back to the rest of the pack, his lap times are still better than those in front of him. A bit of traffic in the wrong place or a mistake can easily undo any advantage he gained in those first few laps on fresh tyres.

You are saying that Red Bull have the power to turn down Daniel's engine remotely from the Pits. I'm telling you thats nonsense
Yes they can, they aren't allowed to but the could turn it off if they wanted to. Red bull is done now it is in the past and we can move on.

Yes they can, they aren't allowed to but the could turn it off if they wanted to. Red bull is done now it is in the past and we can move on.

Pit to car telemetry is forbidden and pretty easy to detect nowadays.

Take the conspiracy s**t elsewhere.

Favouritism over parts and upgrades is completely different to what you are suggesting. He’s leaving... why on earth would they then go and sabotage his remaining races? When they both had similar reliability, Dan proved he is the more consistent driver come race day. Purposely engineering a heap of DNFs for Dan to end the season doesn’t make people perceive Max is a superior driver for Red Bull, surely.

As for leaving RBR on a good note, in the off chance he may race for them again one day, do you really think he would want to go back if he believed they were regularly sabotaging his car? Do you think sponsors would be happy if that were true? There’s a fair few people in a team that would be aware if something like this was going on. Do you think they could keep them all quiet?

With regards to last weekends race and his lap times post pit stop. Have a look here: ergast.com for actual lap times.
After the pitstop you can see Max’s lap times are actually slower, and while Dan is on fresh tyres he closes the gap. Dan most logically hits some traffic or makes a mistake whilst Max improves his times back to roughly what they were pre Dans stop. You can then see once Dans tyres start to come back to the rest of the pack, his lap times are still better than those in front of him. A bit of traffic in the wrong place or a mistake can easily undo any advantage he gained in those first few laps on fresh tyres.
We have been over this before, Max is worth 100's of millions to Red Bull the drinks company and increasing his image is all they are concerned with because it increases the amount of money they make. No one is going to look back in 12 months time when they start sprouting Max has turned the corner not losing to Dan post Monaco that Dan barely finished a race past that point without some penalty.

Dan understands team politics, if he went to drive for Ferrari or Mercedes behind Seb or Lewis he would have to gift results to his teammates. For the most part red bull are the most consistently fair of the bigger sides, if the status quo remains for 2 years and Mercedes poach Verstappen to replace Lewis the only big drive available is to go back to red bull. They were fair to him for 4.5 years its only been the last 6 months they have dnf/penalty ridden every race for him. If he slams them now and the above happens he pretty much locks in an Alonso type finish to his career.

Dan never hit any traffic, he ran straight up behind Max and then slowed down and you failed to address max losing 6+ seconds with oil on his visor at the end that Dan actually backed off to drive slower then.

Why do we assume that no one in sport does anything to breaks the rules when in reality there isn't a sport in the world that isn't full of cheating.

Because conspiracy theorists are by their nature impossible to argue with.

Any attempt to provide evidence is simply refuted by 'well that's what they want you to think!'.

I'm done with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back