lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
paranoia
/ˌparəˈnɔɪə/
noun
  1. a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system.

20181119_175007.png

:)

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
View attachment 586139

The actual qoute... 'in the next couple of years'.. is very different to the way the club edited it on their insta.

Happens....Although the original story may be what was on the club web/ insta page... The Editor at the Hun may have changed it to suit the Victorian readers

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Can someome cut at paste the recent Rayner article in the HUN here?

Everyone was very excited about the content, Im not looking to start a conspiracy theory here, but I didn't love the qoute saying 'the next couple of years are going to be fun'.. its only subtle in its context but it raised my eyebrowes a bit. Theres alot of subtle meaning and nuisances in the way players form language with the future in mind and im sure theres nothing in it, but cant say it didnt catch my attention. Was there anything else referencing long term?

The Go Home 5 has broken some fans for life.

All that I get from that article is how excited I am for the next couple of years!

Obviously this means you won’t be supporting the club after that...

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Go Home 5 has broken some fans for life.

Context mate.. like you always bang on about.

"The next couple of years is going to be fun'... is very different to what was said. Sort clarification and go it.

But... yes. Im cooked for life. And.. I think there will be a new generation of Josh Kelly style split loyalty.. where players give it a crack at the club they are drafted to.. knowing they will come home at some stage so on that premise im always cautious of these non commital long term signals, you see it all the time these days (which wasnt here in this case)

Last edited:

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Little Harsh on Crisp I reckon!
Neither a snake or a ladder!
That's pretty good. Bit harsh on Hanley though... Don't think he set us back really.
Lol, taking it a bit seriously, critiquing cartoon.

I bet you guys angrily questioned how a coyote could order rockets from Acme. I mean, where did he keep his wallet, right. :p

_thelionsshare_

Draftee
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Little Harsh on Crisp I reckon!
Neither a snake or a ladder!

Yeah I think its more about us heading up and them sliding down as opposed to being snakes.

Guy who made it has his whole page devoted to Beams and he has him as the top snake.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's pretty good. Bit harsh on Hanley though... Don't think he set us back really.

Hanley going was good culturally, and the deal lead to us picking up charlie cameron via Port's future first (it also involved us downgrading picks from 19 to 22 which ended up being witherden). One of the better trades we've made in recent years.

James Hird gets hit by a car whilst riding his bike and gets taken to hospital. JB gets hit by a car whilst riding his bike and the car gets taken away. Just saying.

Last edited:
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...can-help-those-with-adhd/10562184?pfmredir=sm

Article on how adhd can be a major factor in being an elite athlete. Heath Shaw quoted. Think it sums up our boy Mitch and a few others.

There are many athletes who have the ability but can’t handle the restrictive lifestyle - I hate to reference him but karnesis is one and Schache struggles. Gotta be able to handle routine and having everything, even what you eat, dictated to you.

I’ve often wondered if the young blokes that are out of the game by their early 20s and struggle with the ourside world would be best off going into the armed forces. Not as strict but still a world of routines. Reckon there are heaps of servicemen with adhd there too.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hoping Jarrod Berry is a solid consideration for the captaincy vote in Feb. Really don't want Neale to waltz in and become captain as soon as he gets here..

Story on HUN site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back