Player Watch #32: Tom Sparrow – in until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

His dad looks pretty stoked

962648_1356908516515_362_300.jpg

Excellent aquisition.

I have had quite a bit to do with South Adelaide and Tom has a very high ceiling. He has elite pace and balance. Not an elite finder of the ball at the moment, but a player who only needs a few touches to do significant damage. He's a line breaking midfielder with a very good long kick. Will be looking forward to seeing how he develops, initially at Casey and hopefully in the league side toward the end of the year :thumbsu:

Geez he's a big boy for 18. Give him a couple of years under Marvellous Miss' in the weights room and he'll be a tank. That doesn't guarantee AFL success (hi Tapscott) but a good rig, love for a contest and high workrate gives him every chance. vandenBerg played well deep into September with the exact same attributes.

May, KK, and Sparrow for Hogan. Should get 200 games out of that trio.

Geez he's a big boy for 18. Give him a couple of years under Marvellous Miss' in the weights room and he'll be a tank. That doesn't guarantee AFL success (hi Tapscott) but a good rig, love for a contest and high workrate gives him every chance. vandenBerg played well deep into September with the exact same attributes.

May, KK, and Sparrow for Hogan. Should get 200 games out of that trio.

Any mention of Tappy still makes me sad. Can't think of an MFC I wanted to make it as much as him.

Impressive highlight reel, he's got Clarry esc inside skills and movement, some of the side steps in traffic and contested ball wins, wow. As mentioned I've got no idea about the U/18's this year, so just purely going off all the highlights available but if he's a 2nd round pick the 1st rounders must be pretty bloody good.

Ill go way early and say Jason Taylor did it again. People will be wondering how the hell this kid wasn't a top 10 selection in a few years time. ;)

Impressive highlight reel, he's got Clarry esc inside skills and movement, some of the side steps in traffic and contested ball wins, wow. As mentioned I've got no idea about the U/18's this year, so just purely going off all the highlights available but if he's a 2nd round pick the 1st rounders must be pretty bloody good.

Ill go way early and say Jason Taylor did it again. People will be wondering how the hell this kid wasn't a top 10 selection in a few years time. ;)
Yeah my immediate impression was that his highlights reel reminds me of Clarry. A bit less magical but plenty of impressive loose ground ball gets there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explosive pace and relentless aggression according to Knightmare, I’m definitely keen to see what he can add to the team.

Sounds like we have a good one here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see an early debut.

Dom Tyson's spot is open! Good to get in one 1st year mid who will at least put immediate pressure on the senior players.

Looks like a pretty solid kid, hopefully he will add some more power to his frame over the next few pre seasons.

I have a feeling we have a pretty good young kid here.

The important questions no one is asking:

African or European?
Is he able to transport a coconut by carrying it?
What is his maximum velocity when unladen?

Starc should go back to over the wicket. Get a few short balls into Ishant's ribs. Hit him a few times so he's got a few aches and pains in the last innings and get him to pop one up to short leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back