Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that role being worked out pretty quickly by oppo coaches. QB's can't be tagged or run down from behind.

He would need to be one of many options working the ball out of defence.

He finished last year playing great footy and i really hope he carries that into 19.
True but i can see us adjusting to the point which Daniel starts as that half back role but eventually moves up to the wing while someone like Richards moves back but Daniel plays loose in defense.

In hindsight the two live trades we did during the draft were quite good.

Gives me confidence that Power/Austin may be able to work the system well.

With the trade of 30 & 57 for 34 and 41, that was with Freo, who were also in Cavarra apparently. Surely they would have known doing that trade would have cost them Cavarra. Maybe they just wanted to lock in Valente more at 30

why would a bloke turn down another afl contract due to ongoing knee concerns to then get a guernsey at a lower division club?

A lot of training / rehab / external requirements when contracted to an AFL club that he was probably not prepared to do knowing his body might not be up to playing. Now he can go out on the piss when he wants, have KFC for dinner, not have to go and run school clinics and spend hours at the club for training and rehab etc.

A lot of training / rehab / external requirements when contracted to an AFL club that he was probably not prepared to do knowing his body might not be up to playing. Now he can go out on the piss when he wants, have KFC for dinner, not have to go and run school clinics and spend hours at the club for training and rehab etc.
He also has a couple of mates who played for the club. Deer Park are going for 7 flags in a row so the big fella should have a successful time there.

Trengove isn’t a ruck, his normal position is key defence, arguably same as Boys is predominantly a key forward

We lack depth in ruck and key forward imo however I suspect our game plan will change given the number of running defenders and better ball users we have recruited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think ruckmen are being redefined by some coaches, especially Bevo. He likes tall mobile players ala Boyd at his best. Not really sure what he will do for 2019, but it looks like he will play a combination of Trengove, Boyd and English as very mobile ruckmen. I think the traditional ruckman as we once knew is going to be very different in the future.

Feel for Honeychurch

Tried his guts out, just never made it
Mate he did make it. More than 20 games at AFL level is quite an achievement. I would have loved to have played at that level and then tell stories about how Bevo coached me, how good it was to play and train with Bonty, Morris, Woody, etc. For my part, all I can say is, well I kicked a footy after the game, I saw Grant play, etc. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t Pruess replacement for them imo

They will regret letting Goldstein play a year or two to long now, when they had a solid replacement that could have played for the next decade. Goldstein doesn't impact on games the way he used to, so all the best to them finding a decent replacements. Great rucks are rarer than diamonds, good rucks are pretty hard to find as well.

Last edited:
why would a bloke turn down another afl contract due to ongoing knee concerns to then get a guernsey at a lower division club?
It's something you might see in ex-afl players being hurt their careers and playing well in VFL
Less stress on the body in terms of training requirements and longer rest periods.

They will regret letting Goldstein play a year or two to long now, when they had a solid replacement that could have played for the next decade. Goldstein doesn't impact on games the way he used to, so all the bets to them finding a decent replacements. Great rucks are rarely than diamonds, good rucks are pretty hard to find as well.
Blizzard really. Suspect there was more to Pruess leaving as it doesn't add up. Gawn in his prime vs Goldy on last legs. "Wants to learn off the best" - well Goldy been considered one of the best for longer than Gawn

Edit - Bizarre not Blizzard!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back