West 6
Vandermeer 22
Cavarra 15
Hayes 24
English 14
Sweet 40
Lloyd 32
Duryea 23

Oh and Khamis I have no idea but probs one of the 40s that's free.

Last edited:

Wont happen but my only hopes are Jong gets rid of 46 to remove the gaps from the numbers :p and Dunkley returns to premiership winning number 20, with Richards then taking 5 or 6. Rhylee should take 14, and apart from that Im not too fussed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#6 Luke Dahlhaus to Bailey Smith
#14 Clay Smith to Rhylee West
#15 Tom Campbell to Jordon Sweet
#22 Mitch Honey-Church to Laitham Vander-Meer
#23 Jordan Roughead to Sam Lloyd
#24 Shane Biggs to Taylor Duryea
#25 Marcus Adams to Ben Cavarra
#32 Kieran Collins to Will Hayes
#40 Nathan Mullenger-McHugh to Buku Khamis
#43 Jack Redpath to Lachie Young

#41 ? to Matthew Hammelmann ( To celebrate the amount of goals in 2019)
Speculative pick who plays forward or back and suits a need this year.

Why wouldnt Westy start in his Dads number 14 ?

Am sure he wore that before wearing 7.

Will depend on how Rylee himself feels, the club will no doubt run it by him first. Some players want to follow in their fathers footsteps and carbon copy everything they did. Other want to forge their own identities and be seen as their own player, hence pick a number completely different. I know many here get all nostalgic seeing sons wear their fathers number, personally myself I like seeing them wear a different one and be their own identity and not their Dads.

I'm guessing the club will let the draftees pick their own number out of what is available, with the top picking getting first dibs, and then the next pick picking theirs and so forth? Or is it all the clubs choosing?

I don’t get the “ build my own identity” line Wallis and Libba rolled out to explain not taking their dads numbers

1) having a different number isn’t going to stop the comparison to ur dad

2) when u get another jumper - u take on the identity of that number anyway. So dalhaus spoke to John I when he got six and Wallis is under more pressure related to identity than 24 would ever be.

I just reckon it’s way overblown. Grab ur olds mans number - make him proud - give something the fans can enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back