List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Do these kids have to be biologically attached to the player, they can't be adopted can they?

The eligibility of adopted sons is to be decided with discretion on a case by case basis, after there was a bit of a backlash a few years ago when someone from the AFL went on the record to state it was biological only. So far it's never come up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The eligibility of adopted sons is to be decided with discretion on a case by case basis, after there was a bit of a backlash a few years ago when someone from the AFL went on the record to state it was biological only. So far it's never come up.
cheers thanks for clearing that up

Just curious, has the delisting of Jackson hurt our chances of getting Luke?
I seem to recall that Mark Williams on 5AA was suggesting Tyson was pretty angry with Jackson and Ben (cousin) being dropped off the list after the one year.
Tyson has a somewhat tested relationship with Adelaide, I wonder if there are thoughts of nominating for the open draft rather than F/S.

I seem to recall that Mark Williams on 5AA was suggesting Tyson was pretty angry with Jackson and Ben (cousin) being dropped off the list after the one year.
Tyson has a somewhat tested relationship with Adelaide, I wonder if there are thoughts of nominating for the open draft rather than F/S.

The same Mark Williams that claimed Adelaide players were tied naked to trees on the camp?

Yeah, I wouldn't put much faith in his suggestions.

The same Mark Williams that claimed Adelaide players were tied naked to trees on the camp?

Yeah, I wouldn't put much faith in his suggestions.

I agree Williams carries that sour Port gene that afflicts so many of their ex footballers in the media however Edwards did have a falling out with the club at one stage.
I was wondering if there was some residue ill feeling that could effect the F/S selection.
It seems like Jackson is OK with the delisting.

Would be weak as piss if they held that against the club - if they weren't good enough, that's all there is to it

Question to all: Who was the last F/S eligible kid to decline a club's offer, and chance the open draft?

Marc Murphy???

Obviously clubs have passed over kids, or not matched bids, but don't recall many kids not accepting a club's offer to draft.

Mark Williams is the Port equivalent of Andrew Jarman.

I think we let Jackson go because we didn't see much improvement in him. He was already very professional with his preparation and fitness. He was already doing stuff that most draftees need to be taught and he had spent his life being taught skills by a 300game AFL player so our skills and development coaches weren't going to do much more, they thought he is probably already getting everything out of himself and unlikely to be able to improve to AFL standard. If he rocked up to the club with higher skinfold numbers, maybe the club would have thought there was more they could get out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back