Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hey folks ...my first Media thread :) ....now onto business

upload_2018-11-27_19-1-37.png upload_2018-11-27_19-18-33.png

The Dragons obviously had a difficult year, my first year as a Rookie in the SFA, myself and a handful of other Dragons had to defend the club and provide some form of Matchday Experience ......was this the role of a Rookie ?

I'd like to thank Hatchy1992 and Blaze Storm for providing me the opportunity to experience the SFA ....you were "inclusive leaders" and I'd be proud to play for and with you guys anyday ......albeit with their personal situations, which were well explained, they would have had a far greater involvement this season :thumbsu:

I'd like to thank my teammates xenxen , CinnaMay , VSTone ,and WFL for your friendship and how we stood together as a team, facing difficult opposition, not only on gamedays, but on a myriad of media pieces aimed against the Dragons ......i really have a strong affinity for this club and you my teammates.

So for PhenomenalV1 to come in as the new captain & start throwing hand grenades everywhere & generally criticising the club .....i don't find is great leadership. If i can pass on one bit of advice, that would be that a great leader is inclusive of the team he leads, not being devisive .....this was an aspect of Phenom's posting during the season, whereby he didn't look to bring other Dragons into conversations or engage with Dragons all that much ......his preference being to banter with opposition, that he had prior relationships with ......what culture will he bring to the Dragons :think:

I wish the new Leadership of the Dragons, whoever they maybe, all the best .....this is a great club, with a great history !!.....it will be great again !!

tumblr_n791p4Nsft1s77xq3o7_250.gif

So I'm going to interview myself :)

So if you're resigning from the Dragons, who will you be joining ?
That's an excellent question Wayne, very astute of you .......as I've said i have a deep affinity with the Dragons, and was 100% involved in helping rebuild the club.
I just can't see myself going to another club to be frank, i don't think me going to a well-oiled club does anyone anygood

So what is the problem with the Dragons?
Another astute question Wayne .....it's obvious to everyone, that getting a greater contribution from more Dragons was our issue ....but a lot of those "in-active" posters have had good histories of posting & interaction .....so having a Leadership Group that embraces those posters and gets them back involved, is obviously plan A

You are accused of posting alot ....s**t-posting, how do you respond to this?
Gee, you're hot today Wayne .....When you only have 5-6 active posters each week, it would be an indictment on the Dragons to basically not turn up .....I experimented one game, where i posted just the once, just to see what happened .....it was far away our worse posting performance for the year.

My view is, if players post, you get interaction ....interaction from your opposition, but also from your teammates .....for those that believe in posting 15 times in a week is good ....that's fine, if you want to lose posters & you have a wide spread of team involvement ....clearly the Dragons didn't

So what's the future of the Dragons
This is a proud club ...it'll survive

PhenomenalV1 will be able to induce players with positions .....the club will go on !!

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-27_19-15-57.png
    upload_2018-11-27_19-15-57.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 19
  • upload_2018-11-27_19-16-35.png
    upload_2018-11-27_19-16-35.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 17

I'd make some sort of quip about the Dragons' last couple of days but these screengrabs will do.

a5af4131a6c96b3836dc61af1b85e5f6.png

049b3e91d4d0048e516f98e0a4bea53d.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right ....just put me out on Thusday with all the other rubbish .....i'm not even classified as being recyclable :(

You've been recycling posts all season.

All the best Wayne's-World for future endeavours. It's been a delightful season having you aboard!

All the best Wayne's-World for future endeavours. It's been a delightful season having you aboard!

Leaving after one season? How did he possibly get through the Dragons stringent recruitment process?

The league demands answers!

I can't say I enjoyed reading many of your posts but I always admired the fact that you never took a backward step. You may lack coherence at times but you never stooped to the depths that some of your detractors did.

You have more spine than many here.

giphy.gif

I'll second that

FilthyCreepyAustralianshelduck-small.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back