VFL 2019 List Changes for VFL Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard we have taken Sam Glover from West Preston as our 23rd player.

He won the B&F this year and is a tall defender apparently.

Last edited:
Just heard we have taken Sam Glover from West Preston as our 23rd player.

He won the B&F this year and is a tall defender apparently.

I would have thought a tall defender was the last thing we needed? I would be looking for outside pace and skill and small forwards.

I would have thought a tall defender was the last thing we needed? I would be looking for outside pace and skill and small forwards.

I thought the same especially after McClarty going and Kelly being picked up.

He is a top up player so we might not see much of him.

We need a Hore replacement down back

I'd be looking for growth (sorry) and development in both Murphy and T Brown in the shorter term. I also think we'll see more of Goldsack playing KPD in the VFL than at senior level in 2019 with the returns of Moore and Dunn. Madgen is also probably better suited to a 3rd tall role.

In the last 5 years I think only Wills, Hore and Jok have made it from our VFL team onto AFL lists.... contrast that with Williamstown who had 3 this year alone. And teams like Port Melbourne who seem to deliver a mature age AFL recruit most years

I think the key to attracting top VFL talent is to show them a well trodden pathway on to an AFL list. Unfortunately we are being beaten to the punch on that by other VFL teams.

That's why i think it's a shame we have stuck with the likes of Oxley on our rookie list rather than taking the salary hit but then rookie a VFL player like Hore sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 5 years I think only Wills, Hore and Jok have made it from our VFL team onto AFL lists.... contrast that with Williamstown who had 3 this year alone. And teams like Port Melbourne who seem to deliver a mature age AFL recruit most years

I think the key to attracting top VFL talent is to show them a well trodden pathway on to an AFL list. Unfortunately we are being beaten to the punch on that by other VFL teams.

That's why i think it's a shame we have stuck with the likes of Oxley on our rookie list rather than taking the salary hit but then rookie a VFL player like Hore sooner.

What about Tom Couch?

Problem is that there are more opportunities to stand out at a stand alone club

Problem is that there are more opportunities to stand out at a stand alone club

and he can play in his best Position and not where we would put him to cover for list Gap's

Didn't Elliott play some VFL before we drafted him? Coming off an injury interrupted year.

Didn't Elliott play some VFL before we drafted him? Coming off an injury interrupted year.

I pretty sure he did as a 23rd Man from the Bushrangers

Correct, in 2010.

Played for the Murray Bushrangers in the TAC Cup 18s, and played two matches for Collingwood’s VFL team as a top-up player (against Box Hill and North Ballarat) in the middle of the season.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/jamie-elliott

An old friend has lobbed back in Victoria. With the enemy.

An old friend has lobbed back in Victoria. With the enemy.

Obviously not friends if he chose them over us MB.
Makes it seem very unlikely he'll be returning to Collingwood (AFL) any time soon. If we do get to bring in a replacement for Murray on our list it's not likely to be Marsh!

Makes it seem very unlikely he'll be returning to Collingwood (AFL) any time soon. If we do get to bring in a replacement for Murray on our list it's not likely to be Marsh!

Depending on the Murray outcome, w could still take Marsh via the SPP or mid-season draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back